Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well bro this is only a alpha build video. No one should be expecting perfection right now. That goes along with madden 11 trailer coming up thursday night aswell. All this alpha build stage. They know what they need to do and all. Nothing is perfect. I feel that this video should some promise. I'm not super impressed. But I like it. It is a work still in progress.
Well they should have showed a different video IMO. I think that was the wrong one to show
Old 04-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 12

Backbreaker's animations and tackles look light years ahead of EA imo
Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
This isnt a backbreaker thread.

Anyway, looks meh. Didnt buy NCAA 10 last year for the first time since 07, was thinking I was going to buy 11 but not sure again...
Spin move is so funky, player speeds up for some reason again.

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #36
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

After watching it a few more times, I see some good things but a lot of flaws.

First Play of the Vid - The player jukes right then immediately jukes left. It stuck out to me. I mean, it was fluid, but it just doesn't seem like you should/would be able to do that in real life. He gets all his momentum going right and then immediately is able to throw it all left? I don't buy that.

Brantley Scramble Starting at :14 - I liked this overall. I don't know if it was because Brantley isn't particularly mobile, or if it was the sharpness of the turn the user tried to take or both, but I like that he wasn't able to just run in circles in the pocket at will. The catch leaves a lot to be desired, though. The receiver makes the catch without looking until the last second inbetween 2 defenders? Seems all too familiar, unfortunately.

Notre Dame QB (Dayne Crist? Don't know my Domers ) starting at :27 - I loooove this animation, but I hope that the strength/accuracy of the throw was adversely effected, as it should have been. If the next scene in the video is the receiver catching it for a TD on the same play, then color me disappointed. The animation is good, but it MUST effect the throw or it's nothing more than window dressing.

Ohio State play starting at :36 - By far the worst offender in this video, IMO. I don't know if this is a tight end (I'm assuming so) or a WR for sure, but neither should be able to pull of the move he does in this play. I like that animation used when he's starting his route/accelerating, but he takes the 90 degree turn like it's nothing. And if that wasn't bad enough,he makes the catch with all his momentum going towards the sideline, stops on a dime, does a SPIN MOVE, and heads upfield seemingly without losing any speed. Ugly ugly ugly.

Florida play starting at :45 - Another play I didn't like. He runs his route, fine. But then he slows down as the ball is in the air yet doesn't look back and identify it until he magically knows its there and turns to catch it at the last second. That's not how it should look, at all.

Clemson play starting at :50 - Another major offender in this video, IMO. The spin move starts off looking fine - until he literally stops halfway through the spin and waits for the defender to get there/warps into the defender so the animation can trigger and he can break the tackle. Not realistic, in the least, and this should NEVER happen just as it never would in real life.

Notre Dame play starting at :58 - Some good things in this clip. I like that the player slows down as he changes direction, even if it doesn't end up costing him on this play.

Overall, it was a decent video, but it has certainly tempered my excitement as a lot of the legacy issues in the series reared their ugly heads in this video once again.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
This isnt a backbreaker thread.
well im not buying both games and thats the only thing i can compare it to
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I'm suprised no one cried about that on the 2nd page.
Anyways, player models still look chunky/bulky but they never said they were gonna fix those. Here's hoping they fix them for 2012 cause I don't want my Speed Wide Receivers looking like MLBs.

The video was almost a BUZZKILL

Last edited by ConVick; 04-19-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #39
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

All I can say is people ae expecting perfection in this first video. They are working on it still. We are so lucky to even get this video today unannounced. But to me the video looks good not great. It is promising but they still have alot of work to do to fix stuff. I'm sure there is more videos to come.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

My anticipation just flew off my balcony.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »