Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #401
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

On pasta padres' twitter, it said EA took the NCAA video down....probably not a bad idea...but the damage may already been done...They should really have test markets for the videos they show--like in the mall, they have the movie trailer booths for customers to pick what they like and didnt like about it (usually about 3 months before the release of the actual trailer) and they rework the trailer based on customer feedback...Just an idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #402
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

just watched it a 2nd time, did EA really release this themselves? I just find it so strange that they would seriously look at that last ND play with #37 and think "yea this looks like a good play to put in there." His knees are bent the entire time, the running motion looks like last year and not what they showed us this year, and his feet never plant or seem to touch the ground, he skates the entire time.

This video just seems strange. They showed us video how how the running animations changed yet this video doesnt have any of those changes and everything looks like last year with this year's accessories.

I remember watching the video, and the madden video, where they showed the guys running and how the motion has changed yet this video does not reflect that at all. What happened? Is this just a really really old video from beginning stages? It just seems strange that EA would release a video like this without any sizzle stuff, any announcements, and with so many easily glaring flaws.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #403
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I just find it so strange that they would seriously look at that last ND play with #37 and think "yea this looks like a good play to put in there." His knees are bent the entire time, the running motion looks like last year and not what they showed us this year, and his feet never plant or seem to touch the ground, he skates the entire time.
The animations on that last play, particularly the run into the end zone, was the worst part of the video for me too.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Small things that would have made this video look a lot better.

1) Defensive and Offensive players still do not know how to go around each other. At 00:12 you can tell the DE rushing from the right does not do a good job of going around the TE and then coming up the field on an arc to attack the tackle.

2) 00:15, if the DT actually tried to attack the A gap/inside shoulder of the guard with a pass rush move already in mind that would have made that look a lot better. Too much rock/paper/scissors or I have to do this first then do that in the animations. Why can't a guy be moving and also swinging that club at the same time. The DL still do not seem to round off their pass rushing.

3) 00:17, still too easy to scramble outside with QB's because DE's engage at the damn line. Come on, run up the damn field and turn in!! Same thing happens at 00:23. Actually 2 and 3 are occurring there. The DE does not know how to get around the TE and then run an arc and bull rush into the offensive tackle so he just engages him right there. I'm going to be on them about that mess this year because it was a big gripe last year. Notice how easy the ND QB can move away from the blitzing OLB and that's because the damn DE, rather than running an arc up the field before engaging the Offensive tackle, engages him at the damn line. Come on EA.

4) 00:32, this has been a problem in EA football games that needs to be fixed. This WR is going to get bumped, however he needs to use his arm and also push back against the DB. Don't just get your a$$ thrown to the ground and look like a stumbling, bumbling fool while a nano blitz is coming up the middle and I can't throw it to you on a hot read. #27 plays with no technique on the WR once he's off the jam. Play inside or outside on his damn hip. Nope he just gets in front of the WR and runs the route and if the route has cuts the DB is burned. Post corners, Corner Posts were money vs man coverage in madden 10, if the DB's are not going to play any technique the same will be true in this game.

5) The route running by #82, he's still a little bit too high and he does not explode off the line. He doesn't give you the footwork to make that cut look believable either. Now once he catches the ball, there should be an animation where his spin actually squares him up. He shouldn't be able to spin while running and keep running. His spin should square him up and put him in a position to perform a move.

6) Why does TE #80 get really slow in his route. He comes off too high and not that explosive and then just gets really slow. Can't tell too much but the OL pass blocking looked weird on that play. Need to see it.

7) The Spin move. Ideally the spin move requires the runner to come off the gas. Give some footwork then spin like this

#11 does not do any of that. He just goes from full sprint into a spin. Do you realize how many ligaments would be destroyed doing that?

It's really small things, that might not be so small on the developmental side, I will admit that, but small things would have made this look a lot better. I think it will look better as a complete package even with the way it is, if the presentation is on point. But there are some game play things that need to be a lot better.

LBz you friggen rock. The worst part about the passrusher, DT part of the game, is that you cant do much to mitigate the issues manually, since you have to be locked onto the man, before you can do a move. If you try to use the RS pre-engage, your DL/passrusher, falls flat on his face.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #405
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
On pasta padres' twitter, it said EA took the NCAA video down....probably not a bad idea...but the damage may already been done...They should really have test markets for the videos they show--like in the mall, they have the movie trailer booths for customers to pick what they like and didnt like about it (usually about 3 months before the release of the actual trailer) and they rework the trailer based on customer feedback...Just an idea
I'd venture to guess they did have a test run with this video but a) didn't heed the feedback, b) were told what they wanted to hear by their audience or c) felt there was enough good to dwarf the bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #406
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
HAHA!!! Not that it will change anything. They must have some real dip$hits working over there. That's reckless. I mean, I never was going to buy this game on release day, but I wonder how many people saw that mess and decided to wait and see what the people are saying about it first. Hey, I just reached 1,000 posts...only took me 8 years to do it!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #407
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

This game will always come down to the demo for me, especially considering the disappearing act the team pulled last year.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #408
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Graphics, sound, etc has never been a problem with any of the EA football titles yet they still continue to pour all their resources into that aspect and leave the shotty gameplay in-tact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »