Home

Anyway to stop the fumbles?

This is a discussion on Anyway to stop the fumbles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Anyway to stop the fumbles?

RB and up on the RS just before contact....You'll hardly ever fumble.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
Rookie

Greatgazoo2's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes it helps, and am I the only one that finds it funny that he says, "I fumble 4 times a game, but I don't bother to hit the protect button, does it even help?" I think if I fumbled 4 times a game, I would be trying it anyway!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Also, don't try and juke while being tackled or there will be a higher chance of fumble. I've only lost 1 in my first 7 games of Dynasty with Kansas and that was because my QB dove head-first instead of sliding. I hold RB whenever a guy gets close to tackling me and I always change the arm the ball is in so it's farther away from the opponent if he's coming at me at an angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Also, don't try and juke while being tackled or there will be a higher chance of fumble. I've only lost 1 in my first 7 games of Dynasty with Kansas and that was because my QB dove head-first instead of sliding. I hold RB whenever a guy gets close to tackling me and I always change the arm the ball is in so it's farther away from the opponent if he's coming at me at an angle.
How exactly do you do this?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Up left on the RS will cause you to dip your right shoulder and shield the ball on the left.

Up right on the RS will cause you to dip your left shoulder and shield the ball on the right.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

The "strip ball" button is far too effective this year. I stripped the ball on 3 consecutive kickoffs from the USC return man in an online game. Down 21-0 in the 1st quarter the game was all but over before the USC offense even stepped on the field.

And with kickoff coverage being so good this year it almost makes no sense to even attempt a return on any kickoff kicked into the end zone
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8
Cool Re: Anyway to stop the fumbles?

Offline do the obvious things. Online "conservative" VS "balanced" doesn't matter 1%. What matters is just how skillful the opponent is with the hit stick & A button strip. You try to play an expert at solo hit sticking who also uses the pile-on A button strip as much as possible. You're gunna fumble some even when covering the ball up.
In that regard it's the same as last year. AFA random fumbles. Ya they're up slightly in multiplayer.
  • Don't try to do stupid things like stiff-arm a dive, iso or slam play till you're well through the line
  • Don't try to hurdle a guy running you down from behind (changed this year to insta-fumble since they added the back-arch thing)
  • Don't expose the ball to a tackler (shielding)
  • Don't juke & leave the ball hanging out in one arm
Any of the above to a human that knows how to hit stick/A button on a gangle tackle is going to ruin your day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

I haven't been fumbling too much myself , but I have noticed the CPU fumbling a ton against me. Playing with CPU RB ability at 60, so I am not sure what can be done to limit the CPU fumbles.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »