Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I wouldn't say the kicker thing is overblown. There are good kickers later on, there's not just enough of them. The problem is that schools A: don't recruit kickers until it's a need and B: often times can't even get a kicker because of a lack of interest, and if they do get one, there's a good chance he's not very good.

There is no question, my kicker in my 2019 sim is the best kicker I have ever seen in Madden or NCAA. He is a 99kpw 99kca don't think it can get any better than that.

Like I said, you can play the game with power teams and still have a lot of fun. Problem is, those guys are few and far between and to make it worse the power teams horde those players.

Of he top 5 qb's in the game in 2019, 4 of them play for 2 teams. Alabama -and TCU have two 93 + QB's. Some teams have 8-9 servicable QB's while others have 3 horrible ones.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #194
Banned

cincy sean's Arena

ok guys I need like some sort of checklist of what to look for when it comes to ratings ect. I am seeing kickers with good power I am seeing some low numbers but I am curious to see what the progression does to a WR's eluisive rating through a 3-4 years period. I have a good feeling that this is not AS big of a deal but i could be very wrong still so don't flip out. I think varsity difficulty might be a good thing
Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #195
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I wouldn't say the kicker thing is overblown. There are good kickers later on, there's not just enough of them. The problem is that schools A: don't recruit kickers until it's a need and B: often times can't even get a kicker because of a lack of interest, and if they do get one, there's a good chance he's not very good.

USC has had a top recruiting class virtually every year, and their kicker is a 49 OVR, Oklahoma has A 68 kicker, which is about 5-7 points above average it'd seem for a kicker now. Miami has a 60 ovr, Georgia has a 60 ovr Auburn has a 45, Alabama has a 66 ovr Tennessee has a 58 ovr, Penn State has a 65 ovr, and Oregon has a 65. These are all elite/very good programs, with terrible kickers. There a good kickers, but there are to many sub 60 kickers when the average kicker should be really more around 70ish, in order to be able to make some reasonable field goals.
I'm not at all saying the ratings of the kickers are being overblown. I understand later in dynasty there are a lot of poorly rated kickers. What I was saying are these kickers that bad on the field. Are they really missing every xp like people are saying and if it can be fixed with a slider adjustment like the above poster did I'm personally fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy sean
just played a quick 5 min test in year 5 and I played with a crap team Northwestern (me) vs a #3 ranked Ohio State And I see NO change in gameplay. Now before you guys flame me remember that this could just be me, and Im also using playmakers sliders, so.........
Thanks for testing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #196
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That is only in year 3 though. There are still some kickers from the default rosters left. The problems people have reported start after all the default roster players are gone.

I keep on seeing people say "I am year 2 or 3 and I don't see any problems." That is because they don't start showing up until all the default players are gone.
And I keep on seeing people say after year 1 you see a change im gameplay. I understand if the ratings do indeed translate to poor gameplay the deeper we get into dyansty the worse it will get.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
And I keep on seeing people say after year 1 you see a change im gameplay. I understand if the ratings do indeed translate to poor gameplay the deeper we get into dyansty the worse it will get.
Not sure why anybody would be saying that. In years 2 and 3 the players starting are mostly from the default rosters.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-28-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #198
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I'm not at all saying the ratings of the kickers are being overblown. I understand later in dynasty there are a lot of poorly rated kickers. What I was saying are these kickers that bad on the field. Are they really missing every xp like people are saying and if it can be fixed with a slider adjustment like the above poster did I'm personally fine with that.
They really are that bad, I've tried adjusting sliders, but it's just not enough for a lot of these kickers. This video is an example of how bad it can get, this guy(CPU kick) had an OVR in the 50's and wasn't even that close to being the worst kicker in the game, hell he wasn't even the best kicker on his team, there were 3 or 4 players, not Punters btw, who would have made better kickers.

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 07-28-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #199
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Not sure why anybody would be saying that. In years 2 and 3 the players starting are mostly from the default rosters.
I read it a few times on here. They saw changes after year 1. I guess they played a team or had a team with a lot of incoming freshman starting.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #200
Banned

cincy sean's Arena

Quote:
They really are that bad, I've tried adjusting sliders, but it's just not enough for a lot of these kickers. This video is an example of how bad it can get, this guy had an OVR in the 50's and wasn't even in that close to being the worst kicker in the game, hell he wasn't even the best kicker on his team, there where 3 or 4 players, no P btw, who would have made better kickers.

that is just ugly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »