Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by balr
Did anyone mention increasing the roster size?? Honestly why can't we have an 85 man roster?? I hate having to go through my roster and not being able to have all the freshman on the team.
wouldn't that lead to more scrutinizing since they have trouble getting 55 man rosters and ratings right?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 5

My biggest gripe about this game.

When moving a OLB to ILB or vice versa their awareness drops drastically. My question is why? The same goes for Rb to FB, DE to DT, OG to OT.

Players move positions every year in College Football to provide depth, especially with roster size set at 70, this needs to happen.

For Instance a MLB could move to OLB, DE or FB. A MLB could move to DE but have him gain weight. (Brandon Graham from Michigan came in as a MLB then moved to DE) Why do they lose so much in awareness?

A big RB or FB could move to LB. For Instance (Ian Gold was recruited as a RB out of high school and moved to LB and then went on to play in the NFL) I think you guys see my point. I would like to see position changes work like this,

The only time an awareness drop should happen is if they move way out of position or DEF-OFF or OFF-DEF

A MLB - OLB, DE and FB.
A OLB- MLB, DE, SS, and FB
A CB- FS, SS, or WR
A FS- CB, SS or WR
A SS- FS, CB, or OLB
A DE - DT or OLB
A DT-DE or OL

On Offense

A QB- WR, TE, RB, CB, FS depending on size, speed
A RB- FB, WR, LB, CB
A WR- CB, FS, SS
A TE- DE, FB
A OL-any OL position or DE, DT

Do you guys pick up what I am putting down?

Last edited by jethrotull; 02-15-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #91
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Do you guys pick up what I am putting down?

I semi-agree. I actually think an awareness drop is completely realistic, even between linebackers. Honestly, even a move from LOLB to ROLB should have an awareness drop, the difference in what a weak side LB and a strong side LB has to do is huge. Think about it this way. This past year, Thomas Davis of the Panthers went down, and Jon Beason played half the year at strong side LB, Davis's position. Both his stats and impact on the game were severely reduced, so much so that midway through the season they put him back at MLB. Even moving a DE to a DT, or vice versa should be accompanied by an awareness drop, because DEs start in a different stance than DTs, they're asked to do different things, and they're trained completely differently.

However. What this game does that I do not agree with is physical stat changing when you do position changes. I was low on DEs last year, and moved one of my DTs, just to be the second string, when my RE needed to be spelled on long drives. His strength was 90, and when I moved him, his strength dropped to 71. So...putting him at a different place on the field reduced him from D-line/O-line strength to TE/FB/LB/SS strength? Unacceptable. Reduce his block shedding and awareness, not his physical attributes. This is just an example, but this happens whenever you move player positions.

This goes back to the point of my previous post on this thread. If they emphasized the difference between 3-4 style players and 4-3 style players, they could also emphasize hybrid players, like a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE, or a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #92
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
I semi-agree. I actually think an awareness drop is completely realistic, even between linebackers. Honestly, even a move from LOLB to ROLB should have an awareness drop, the difference in what a weak side LB and a strong side LB has to do is huge. Think about it this way. This past year, Thomas Davis of the Panthers went down, and Jon Beason played half the year at strong side LB, Davis's position. Both his stats and impact on the game were severely reduced, so much so that midway through the season they put him back at MLB. Even moving a DE to a DT, or vice versa should be accompanied by an awareness drop, because DEs start in a different stance than DTs, they're asked to do different things, and they're trained completely differently.

However. What this game does that I do not agree with is physical stat changing when you do position changes. I was low on DEs last year, and moved one of my DTs, just to be the second string, when my RE needed to be spelled on long drives. His strength was 90, and when I moved him, his strength dropped to 71. So...putting him at a different place on the field reduced him from D-line/O-line strength to TE/FB/LB/SS strength? Unacceptable. Reduce his block shedding and awareness, not his physical attributes. This is just an example, but this happens whenever you move player positions.

This goes back to the point of my previous post on this thread. If they emphasized the difference between 3-4 style players and 4-3 style players, they could also emphasize hybrid players, like a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE, or a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE.
Yeah but EA claims that Awareness does not matter at any position except for QB.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #93
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Agreed on all points AA.

About the recruiting, it is ridiculous how good Ohio State and Alabama are. I'm in year 2023 of my dynasty and Ohio State & Alabama are dominant every year. I don't expect them to fall off the face of the earth, but to maintain top 5 status over the course of a decade is very difficult. It would make dynasty more interesting to have teams rise and fall more often.
Not to brag but Ohio State has been a top 5 program for the last 7 years....
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #94
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Thou shalt increase the size of the playing field.

Thou shalt get pulling lineman and fullbacks to block defenders that are directly in front of them instead of REVERSING themselves against the grain of the play and running into the ball carrier.

Thou shalt get coaches fired across the nation!

Thou shalt let Teambuilder teams have custom sounds WITHOUT using the ALL-TEAMS settings

Thou shalt post bowl game banners for Teambuilder team in their custom stadium.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #95
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I'd add the option to have Corners "shade" WRs and focus on either the inside our outside shoulder would be a huge addition to stopping some of these pass patterns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #96
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'd add the option to have Corners "shade" WRs and focus on either the inside our outside shoulder would be a huge addition to stopping some of these pass patterns.

I agree that would be a great addition, but before that would work, EA needs to program cornerbacks to be able to play competent coverage, both man and zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »