Home

NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #41
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
He's the guy who understands sarcasm. I don't think you've met.
Maybe you two should get a room eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Maybe you two should get a room eh?
I'd rather discuss the topic of the thread. Tell you what, you just raise your hand when you fall behind and someone will bring you up to speed, ok kiddo?

It's easy to say that EA should be focusing on other parts of the game like recruiting balance and gameplay stuff, but it's still very early in the development process and little immersive touches are important fine at this point, so long as there are some big gameplay/dynasty features still in store. If we hit June and all we've heard about is visual upgrades and pylon physics, then I'll be worried. Until then I choose view it like a baker, letting you taste the frosting while the cake is still in the oven. (FYI, that's a metaphor. I don't really think EA is going to put frosting on the game)

Last edited by mr janny; 03-24-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #43
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

^^funny. truce. No need in arguing over the internet. I dont see a need to insult.

Is it possible that they built a real time physics in less than a year. And if they have, how would it play, its a new engine right? idk. Im not a gaming/computer programmer like half the people on this website.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
^^funny. truce. No need in arguing over the internet. I dont see a need to insult.

Is it possible that they built a real time physics in less than a year. And if they have, how would it play, its a new engine right? idk. Im not a gaming/computer programmer like half the people on this website.
truce. agreed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but real time physics would require a new engine, would it not? If that's the case, then I would speculate that we won't see it until next gen.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #45
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I seriously doubt we will see RTP in either NCAA or Madden this year. I am thinking we may see something close to what NHL did for 11. That was not RTP, but something similar, more like an animation modification.

This would be a huge boon for these games this year. Even if its only the slightest effect of gameplay. I would be happy with seeing an animation where a DE gets up field and the and tackle gets pushed in different direction contingent to where their momentum is going. Not just the same animation playing over and over as long as they are engaged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #46
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I seriously doubt we will see RTP in either NCAA or Madden this year. I am thinking we may see something close to what NHL did for 11. That was not RTP, but something similar, more like an animation modification.

This would be a huge boon for these games this year. Even if its only the slightest effect of gameplay. I would be happy with seeing an animation where a DE gets up field and the and tackle gets pushed in different direction contingent to where their momentum is going. Not just the same animation playing over and over as long as they are engaged.
That would be most awesome
Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
It's easy to say that EA should be focusing on other parts of the game like recruiting balance and gameplay stuff, but it's still very early in the development process and little immersive touches are important fine at this point, so long as there are some big gameplay/dynasty features still in store. If we hit June and all we've heard about is visual upgrades and pylon physics, then I'll be worried. Until then I choose view it like a baker, letting you taste the frosting while the cake is still in the oven. (FYI, that's a metaphor. I don't really think EA is going to put frosting on the game)
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31

This would be more than acceptable at this stage.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »