Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.
Well, for one it makes you rely more on timing your receivers routes and makes you do your defensive reads in 2-4 seconds like real QB's.
I found playing this angle:
1. eliminated the "30 yard drop" and "scramble from sideline to sideline" type of
gameplay. I know madden players who hate this angle because of the fact that you cant just drop back and heave ho.
2. makes the passing game more fun and realistic to play. Instead of just "drop and pop", now you have to really rely on timing.
3. Makes the player learn how to read defenses better.

To each his own though..

ben
voodoo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
Well, for one it makes you rely more on timing your receivers routes and makes you do your defensive reads in 2-4 seconds like real QB's.
I found playing this angle:
1. eliminated the "30 yard drop" and "scramble from sideline to sideline" type of
gameplay. I know madden players who hate this angle because of the fact that you cant just drop back and heave ho.
2. makes the passing game more fun and realistic to play. Instead of just "drop and pop", now you have to really rely on timing.
3. Makes the player learn how to read defenses better.

To each his own though..

ben
voodoo
This +10. It's called preference. It's the same reason why not everyone drives the same type of vehicle or wears the same type of clothes. We want to enjoy the game with a different camera angle.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #43
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Good point voodoo.

One thing that was a feature in one of the PC games back in the day (I think maybe it was Operation Sports Football or something like that) was a picture-in-picture feature. You would drop back, hit a button to cycle through receivers to see how open they were (or weren't). It was a small window in the corner of the screen that would pop up. Made it an awful lot like reading receivers and deciding where to go with the ball.

Now THAT would be a great feature for the future. Would really ramp up the realism factor when throwing the ball.

Food for thought...
Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

it's very easy to throw deep passing routes on broadcast cam. u just have to watch whether or not the receiver has a step on the DB 1st 10 yards. at the same time, locate whether S will come up or play deep. it's very simple--not hard at all. it's great playing human vs cpu.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
it's very easy to throw deep passing routes on broadcast cam. u just have to watch whether or not the receiver has a step on the DB 1st 10 yards. at the same time, locate whether S will come up or play deep. it's very simple--not hard at all. it's great playing human vs cpu.
In other words, what happens in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

wasn't madden broadcast cam put in through a patch? why can't they do this with ncaa? i wouldn't complain to see it put in by late august, would u?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
wasn't madden broadcast cam put in through a patch? why can't they do this with ncaa? i wouldn't complain to see it put in by late august, would u?
no not at all.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

If you can use the "coach cam" in online dynasty human vs human games, I'm going to wet myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »