Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

...I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that this game is brought to you by... NCAA11 recycled introduction audio...

Coke Zero twice, recycled dialogue? If this is the only thing about the game that I don't care about, then I'm stoked. But yes, I'm going to "A" my way through all this hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I said it in my last comment on a team intro, but yes, they need to add some more commentary while the team is coming out because the dead air is really boring. Also, there is no need to have 3-5 seconds of the "NCAA 2012" logo before the graphics start, I mean what is the point of that?

It's a good foundation. I would hope the dev could see that the idea behind these are great. But they are still missing fundamental touches that make them worthwhile. Do they just wanna tout a "new" presentation feature to help sell the game? Then this is fine. But if it really is a goal to capture a broadcast atmosphere of a game for presentation, then they need to add more true to life camera views for the team introduction and have dynamic commentary going WHILE the team introductions are taking place.

I'm hoping they do a complete overhaul of commentary for 2013. If they did, they could also add lineup introductions on a teams first series (player portrait, size and weight, class, hometown, etc). Presentation is BOTH audio and visual. As of now, they have only addressed the visual. "Here come team so and so" is the only words spoken during this introduction and that's not simulation broadcast.

Still. This IS a great start.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #27
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What info do we get on May 23rd?
The world ended
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Looked pretty good, but still isn't like the real thing and there is way too much dead silence.

― Plato
Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looked pretty good, but still isn't like the real thing and there is way too much dead silence.
I think the dead silence is for Custom Entrance Sound.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think the dead silence is for Custom Entrance Sound.
That isn't a good reason for the commentary being non-existent during team intro. There can be entrance sound as well as commentary going on. That is how it is during real games. And for those that don't want any commentary, they can turn it off. More people will play the game without custom entrance music than people who will use the feature, so that doesn't explain away why there is dead silence. IMO, it's because they simply haven't touched commentary, so they don't have any audio drops to put during the intros.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I would have liked if they added new and different commentary to the intros. Those lines are the exact some ones from NCAA 11 and NCAA 10, maybe even before that.

This is a rivarly game is it not ?

So therefore I would have expected a little more excitement over it, with them hyping it up more. The tone in the voice is too flat for my liking. Just makes it sound like a regular game and not a rivarly game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would have liked if they added new and different commentary to the intros. Those lines are the exact some ones from NCAA 11 and NCAA 10, maybe even before that.

This is a rivarly game is it not ?

So therefore I would have expected a little more excitement over it, with them hyping it up more. The tone in the voice is too flat for my liking. Just makes it sound like a regular game and not a rivarly game.
I agree
I doubt there were any changes to commentary besides a few new lines. It will definitely kill the atmosphere . With all the improvements to Presentation I would believe that commentary would be the top priority ,maybe nex year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »