Home

NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #33
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Its probably how it is going to be, but I wish it wasn't. It should either drop a later grade, or drop all the way to an F. Because any prestige you carry as a Coordinator is almost immediately dropped as soon as you become a HC, because people are now going to know you as a HC, and not a Coordinator. I saw the Stanford Offensive Coordinator take the Penn State HC job on one of the screenshots, and his prestige was listed as A+, so I'm sure this is the way its going to be. Not that big of a deal, but something they will hopefully look at in the future.
It doesn't really matter since the grades are dynamic...One year he's a A+ next he's a B..
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #34
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
It doesn't really matter since the grades are dynamic...One year he's a A+ next he's a B..
Only if he doesn't do well. If he goes 10-2 I doubt he will drop. And with the boost that the prestige ratings have on the players progression and play if you sim, I wonder how likely it will be that coaches prestige ratings go down? It seems like it is weighted toward their prestige remaining high once it gets there
Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
The goal numbers are very unrealistic just like the recruits workout numbers. I was hoping for a spring game :-/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #36
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope next year they add ratings for coaches that tie in to recruiting like an evaluator and/or scouting rating. Maybe have all of the recruits ratings locked until a coach has scouted them. The accuracy of the recruits' ratings could depend on how strong you or your coaches rating is in that particular attribute(s). I want something different than the current slot machine recruiting.

Anyone thought of anything more in-depth with recruiting since coordinators are in the game?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #37
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
I hope next year they add ratings for coaches that tie in to recruiting like an evaluator and/or scouting rating. Maybe have all of the recruits ratings locked until a coach has scouted them. The accuracy of the recruits' ratings could depend on how strong you or your coaches rating is in that particular attribute(s). I want something different than the current slot machine recruiting.

Anyone thought of anything more in-depth with recruiting since coordinators are in the game?
I like the idea of having to scout a player to see his ratings. Wasn't it like that at some point with NCAA?

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #38
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
That's how I think it would be. I don't think at this point in the development of CC that they would separate HC from coordinator ratings. That's just a guess, though.

I don't know, if you look Charlie Weis is an A+ at Florida as an OC which he should be he's one of the best OC's out there but he should not be an A+ HC. Also I can't remember exactly but Will Muschamp is like a B which I'm sure if he was still a DC he would be up in the A's.

Also if this was the case, what would be the point for teams to settle for a B HC when they could get an A OC/DC?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #39
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Also if this was the case, what would be the point for teams to settle for a B HC when they could get an A OC/DC?
This is true.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #40
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Good point. Unless A rated OC/DCs are only available to 5*+ prestige schools.. but that wouldn't make much sense.

If coordinators really keep their prestige when they become a head coach, would this be something that could be changed through a patch? So they lose at least a letter grade going from being a coordinator to a head coach

I guess we'll find this out when the in-depth CC blog comes out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »