Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #81
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
With the new zone defense being in the game, you'll now here on the forums that the defense is too hard. Can't please everyone.
Defense should be hard. I remember playing 2k5(not trying to compare here) a while back, and I struggled to get even get a few first downs, on whatever difficulty the equivalent to All American is. I can blow out teams on any difficulty in 11 usually without even trying, so this was a brand new kind of experience. I think we've just gotten to used to being able to move the ball at will.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

If 65 overall corners are sticking to 95 overall WR's than something will definately be tuned. Im talking about unrealistically sticking the WR.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Defense should be hard. I remember playing 2k5(not trying to compare here) a while back, and I struggled to get even get a few first downs, on whatever difficulty the equivalent to All American is. I can blow out teams on any difficulty in 11 usually without even trying, so this was a brand new kind of experience. I think we've just gotten to used to being able to move the ball at will.
Haha, this remind me of last summer. After getting tired of both Madden and NCAA I started a 2k5 franchise with default rosters and did a fantasy draft and drafted guy I knew were stars now, but not then. I had Ben Roth. as QB, Steven Jackson at WR, Andre Johnson at WR, etc. The team now would be insane, but in the game they were all young and inconsistent.

That season was so incredibly hard. I rarely scored over 10 points a game on the equivalent of All American. The second season though, Super Bowl favorites easily. Everyone progressed into the stars we know now.

― Plato
Old 05-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Hell, my favorite football game was Madden with Ray Lewis on the cover. What was the main feature for that year? Improved defense.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #85
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm sure I am not the only one like this, but OS has made me so much more critical of NCAA (and sports games in general) than I ever use to be.

I mean 3 or 4 years ago, I would know none of the new features that were coming out for the game until I had the actual game box in my hand on release. Being exposed to OS, I come to this forum 20 times a day 4-6 months before the damn game comes hunting for new stuff to scrutinize.

Sometimes I wish I never discovered OS. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but I just seemed to enjoy myself more back in the old days. I still have a ton of fun playing, but I am urked much more easily by things I probably would have never noticed pre-OS.

I did find the dynasty blog today a bit underwhelming, but I am not gonna gripe about it. With basically all of the major features released for this years game layed out now, I gotta say I am pleased with what the NCAA is offering us this year. NCAA 11 was head and shoulders about 07-10, and I expect 12 to be a very good game as well.

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #86
MVP

boritter's Arena

Re: New Dynasty Blog - Dynasty Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
CC is a pretty significant feature WITHIN dynasty.. Just saying. To say they only spent 1% of development time on dynasty is a crude understatement.
I realize that CC is amazing for some people. I'm happy for them. But for people who don't like CC there are very few new dynasty features. Certainly Madden's franchise mode got more of an upgrade than dynasty mode.

EA said there is an option to turn CC off in dynasty. I plan on doing that because I am only interested in playing as one school per dynasty. I want to make Colorado into a powerhouse (since I can't drive a DeLorean back to the late 80s & early 90s).

Since CC is not up my alley what new dynasty improvements do I have to look forward to? According to the blog there aren't many.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #87
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, so they have fixed the issue with QB recruiting. But so far thats the only position they are mentioning. Is this new recruiting logic going to affect all recruits or just QB's?

Will 3-4 teams recruit big run stuffing DE's and pass rushing OLB's?? Will teams like Wisconsin recruit big power backs? Will option teams recruit quick FB's? Will 3-3-5 teams double up on SS's?

Don't get me wrong, just fixing the QB problem is a major improvement, but that was far from the only position that needed work, and so far they have not mentioned (that I have seen) anything about those.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Last edited by JalenTigh; 05-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #88
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Dynasty Blog - Dynasty Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
It says that schools recruit based on their play style. Does this mean that if, say Georgia Tech hires June Jones, will they immediately recruit a Pocket Passer?
I would hope that this is the case.

from what I have read and the videos posted, it looks like the new coaches philosophy comes with him to his new team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »