Home

Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw..

This is a discussion on Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw..

a LB jump up in the middle of the field and knock down a pass on its way to a receiver. I saw LBs in coverage, in close proximity, do it. I saw LBs (DeMarcus Ware in the 1st play of the Cowboys game) knock down passes at the line but NEVER in the middle of the field, in space.

So why does it happen in the game, A LOT?

Let me be clear, I am loving the game play and I have found sliders I like and am patiently waiting on the patch and tuners to advance in my Dynasty. But I find the super LB's to be annoying from a realism/simulation stand point. I'm fine having a challenge and needing to be smart in the passing game but I want the the CPU to beat me in a realistic way, with good coverage, not NFL Blitz style heroics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

southwvboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw..

Welcome to my hell brother.

Hey it's a deep post 15 yards down the field, he's wide open, no super linebacker comes through.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

As you say, sliders can ameliorate it, but the main problem stems from reaction time being to quick and most importantly, the ability to overcome inertia being way to easy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
a LB jump up in the middle of the field and knock down a pass on its way to a receiver. I saw LBs in coverage, in close proximity, do it. I saw LBs (DeMarcus Ware in the 1st play of the Cowboys game) knock down passes at the line but NEVER in the middle of the field, in space.

So why does it happen in the game, A LOT?

Let me be clear, I am loving the game play and I have found sliders I like and am patiently waiting on the patch and tuners to advance in my Dynasty. But I find the super LB's to be annoying from a realism/simulation stand point. I'm fine having a challenge and needing to be smart in the passing game but I want the the CPU to beat me in a realistic way, with good coverage, not NFL Blitz style heroics.
I watched alot of foozball last nyte too. And I didn't see any linebackers jump and swat down a ball in the middle of the field either.

I also played alot of foozball last nyte. And I didn't see any linebackers jump and swat down a ball in the middle of the fied either (and I pass ryte often).

The similarities, neither NFL QB's or myself are throwing in lanes with LB's in them. Either aim away from them or above them. I have never had this issue and don't undersand why everyone else has...
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I watched alot of foozball last nyte too. And I didn't see any linebackers jump and swat down a ball in the middle of the field either.

I also played alot of foozball last nyte. And I didn't see any linebackers jump and swat down a ball in the middle of the fied either (and I pass ryte often).

The similarities, neither NFL QB's or myself are throwing in lanes with LB's in them. Either aim away from them or above them. I have never had this issue and don't undersand why everyone else has...
Throwing lanes isn't the issue.

The problem is the ball trajectory is too low on "bullet passes" or regular throws, and if you lob it then it's too high and the DB picks it. You can't throw lobs on slants and crossing routes.

Watch Vick last night, all 6' of him, throwing darts over LBs. The LBs can't react in time to swat passes in real life, yet it happens in the game. It has nothing to do with lanes. QBs throw over and right past LBs all the time. In the game the LBs have superhuman reaction and the ball travels FAR too low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I've thrown over LB's before no problem. And I'm not talking about bombs, I'm talking about intermediate crossing routes and such. But for the most part, I stay away from them.

And, IMO, passing trajectory is not broken in this game. That said, it is far from perfect also. Wildcat formation in Madden 10 after patch, that's broken.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte

Being aware of where defenders are is a big part of the passing game, avoiding lanes where LBs are is a smart thing. But in real life you can throw over the head of a LB who is caught going one way because there's no way he can change direction or manage to jump high enough/fast enough to affect the ball. What's frustrating is when you see sliding going on with the LBs, not only are they changing direction they are sliding into the correct space and leaping abnormally to make a pick or the play.

What needs fixing is the sliding of defenders (it rarely happens with the receivers but happens all the time with defenders, and in my experience it often causes the receiver to stop running his route so he can't even affect the defender's chance to make the catch).

Like you said its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, people have gotten lazy in the passing game and don't wait for a lane to be clear, but that does not mean there is no problem at all.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

There is no such thing as "super linebackers!" It is the trajectory of the pass coming from the QB. The way the game is designed, the ball doesn't not have enough arch to it when thrown unless you "float" the ball to a WR. It would be nice to see them fix this for next years and make the field bigger.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »