Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #169
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

I, like others, had minimal issues with the gameplay. Is it great? Not at all. Playable, yes. The atmosphere is a completely different story. Is it great? Not at all. Playable? Not at all. Heres why.

Crowd Noise: Holy cow is it bad. I'm not sure why other games have similar issues with crowd noise (WWE, The Show to some extent). It goes completely dead half of the game. Half of the game, there is no crowd noise. How is this possible?

I'll go pay in Wyoming's stadium and it feels no different than playing in The Swamp. This cannot possibly happen next year. They need crowd noise differential, and not just 2 or 3 different levels. I can't imagine it being that hard to get about 10 different tiers of crowd noise (for peak loudness). For a place like The Swamp, it should experience all 10 of these tiers at different times in the game.

Sidelines: It is killer to look at the sidelines during a game. There needs to be life over there. Coaches roaming the sideline, camera men everywhere, and players that don't jump up and down like idiots. I don't want to hear anything about how this is impossible, because I just played a video game where in the same 10 seconds I saw a guy chop wood, a lady cooking food, an old man begging for food, and kids playing tag all over the place. Or how I was playing College Hoops 2k8 (a game thats four years old mind you) and saw the coaches roaming the floor, players acting appropriately, and fans actually making noise. No excuses this year EA.

Overall Atmosphere: You know how you'll put in The Show, FIFA or NBA 2K12, and within seconds you'll see something out of the crowd that you'd see in real life? A vender selling popcorn in the stands, someone giving updates over the PA system, or talking about how tickets are still available for future games. NCAA has none of this. Zero. I'm not sure why this is the case, but fans can't be cardboard clipouts, and they need life. How about a wave every now and then?

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #170
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
They have enough ratings. Most of them are meaningless. Just use the ones already there. Awareness or play recognition comes to mind. Part of their problem is they just keep adding ratings to players when ever they update something or add a new feature, so some ratings are obsolete and others are duplicates of another similar rating. I really dont think the programmers know what the exact effects of each of the ratings are TBH.
I couldn't agree more. I think that sports games in general have become way overly complex with too many algorithms running on top of each other, magnifying and contradicting each other, and the results are simply screwy. I think an awareness is a good one...but how does that interact with confidence, composure, the awareness slider, homefield advantage and probably another 50 things that we could theoretically tie to awareness?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 2
At least they're making an attempt to change the passing mechanic...granted from this point, if history is any indicator, it's going to take them at least 3 years to make the passing mechanic enjoyable. Assuming the foundation of what they're doing has potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #172
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Gametrack better work 100% of the time instead of about 3% like it does for me

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 24

This is EA, not SCEA. Their track record isn't all that great. By adding in a new passing system, probably something else will get broken.

So excuse me if I don't share in the excitement just yet.....
Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #174
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm really hoping they work hard on the presentation (right behind gameplay of course). It is really disappointing that they are the only video game with an actual TV license, yet they aren't anywhere near the top. I'm getting sick and tired of the unrealistic replay views that are only used to show off the 3D grass and lighting. Some people may think it's cool, I don't know but I really don't like it because it takes away the realism, maybe 30 years from now we'll have cameras that can run on the ground but not today. The Show this year has done a great job with replays and cutscenes being mirror images of what you see on TV. I haven't played NBA 2k12 but from what I've seen its presentation is spot on as well.

EDIT: My main complaint here is on replays because when I bust a big run with my RB the camera is zoomed too much and circles around him and I can't even see what defenders he makes miss or what yard line he is even on.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 03-14-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #175
Banned

OVR: 1

They did not address the main issues I have:

1. no more disconnects in online dynasty play (or at least have an ingame save)
2. no more transfer fails
3. tendancy issue fixed
4. fix the custom playbooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #176
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
They did not address the main issues I have:

1. no more disconnects in online dynasty play (or at least have an ingame save)
2. no more transfer fails
3. tendancy issue fixed
4. fix the custom playbooks
While these are all legitimate issues, no company will ever make their PR about bug fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »