Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #121
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, I hope that some of the guys who have been down there have been mentioning how important this is. CPU DE's, RB's, WR's and QB's need to be able to fully utilize all the move/animations/ that User can. Those are the positions which have suffered greatly over the last few years.

All the new gameplay and Dynasty stuff will lose so much of its luster if the CPU only uses a fraction of the options available to the User.
I think they fell into their usual pattern of band-aiding an over compensating with that...........

because just a few years ago it was the opposite.....RBs were juking and spinning when they needed to be hitting the hole with authority

I didn't think the the CPU RBs last were as gamebreakingly bad as they used to be when they spun and juked everywhere with no rhyme or reason

I also thinking speeding up the option QB/HB animations will have an immediate impact on the CPUs running game

Have to find the right balance and logic

EDIT: And at the very least have some good sliders so we can fine tune

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-22-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTURB0WEENIE
I just cringe when players don't have the right equipment. Madden has all the face masks but NCAA doesn't. They better get the equipment or I just can't buy this game. Come on EA, get Matt Barkley/Taylor Martinez facemasks IN the game!
This may help, in all seriousness... Those players aren't in the game so having their facemasks in the game on a player that may/may not resemble them may not be legal and may cause too many people to think that the players on usc may actually be those guys... Which they most certainly aren't...just a guess though my friend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #123
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So happy to hear player movement is being tweaked. This is huge for me.

Same with the Passing game - one of my biggest issues.

My question now is about animations. I know about the new catches - which is awesome - but how about other animations overall? Like how many new tackling animations are we talking about? Or even just new animations in general.

Thanks guys!
Hey PVarck31

I touch on these on pages 3 and 4 in the link below sir.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....-4#post-942267
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #124
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I'm surprised nobody has asked this, but are there any diving catch animations? This is a catch animation that is sorely missing, it's so frustrating when a ball is just out of reach and the WR doesn't dive for it.

Also, does it feel like there are 430 new catch animations? What I mean is...will you see the same catch animations over and over again? It seems like every year we hear about how they put in hundreds of new tackle animations yet we see the same 10 every game.
Good question and the answer is YES! Now I did experience the dive catch in NCAA Football '12...you had to manually do it and you performed the animation/attempt at a stretched out dive using the square button (PS3).

Now in '13 I was testing on a Xbox but yes the dive catch is in but I had to User catch to do it from my experience. There were a few that seemed a bit too out stretched so I submitted it for review as well so it possibly could be tuned a bit better.

Yes on the animations for catches as well.....all the different ones stand out to you and you begin to realize how quickly they add up..for example

On a simple comeback route now a WR depending on how the ball is coming to him can be caught SO MANY WAYS....down low and out...down low and in...out in up....him driving himself back towards the ball mid air extending out life in real life to make a grab and then cutting back up field.

It get's me pumped just thinking about it in all honesty...lol. If I were the one doing that first game play release video I would have done the comeback because it looks so damn sexy.

In the tourney I played amongst others several were being very aggressive @LOS and when I sensed a heavy blitz I was generally checking to a comeback on the outside and getting beautiful 8~10 yard snags.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #125
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_TSO
Good question and the answer is YES! Now I did experience the dive catch in NCAA Football '12...you had to manually do it and you performed the animation/attempt at a stretched out dive using the square button (PS3).

Now in '13 I was testing on a Xbox but yes the dive catch is in but I had to User catch to do it from my experience. There were a few that seemed a bit too out stretched so I submitted it for review as well so it possibly could be tuned a bit better.

Yes on the animations for catches as well.....all the different ones stand out to you and you begin to realize how quickly they add up..for example

On a simple comeback route now a WR depending on how the ball is coming to him can be caught SO MANY WAYS....down low and out...down low and in...out in up....him driving himself back towards the ball mid air extending out life in real life to make a grab and then cutting back up field.

It get's me pumped just thinking about it in all honesty...lol. If I were the one doing that first game play release video I would have done the comeback because it looks so damn sexy.

In the tourney I played amongst others several were being very aggressive @LOS and when I sensed a heavy blitz I was generally checking to a comeback on the outside and getting beautiful 8~10 yard snags.
So does this mean that my A.I. WR's won't dive for the ball if I don't take control of them?

I'm one of those guys who doesn't use user catches against the CPU because it's just too much of an advantage over them. Also, if the answer is yes, then I assume that the CPU wideouts will not dive for the ball either. I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm starting to get worried.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 20

I have a question for David or Shaun.

When you use turbo behind the line of scrimmage, does the CPU still automatically disengage the block with the O-line?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #127
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

TSO guys:

Did you play against the CPU much or was it all versus other live players?

If against the CPU, is psychic CPU playcalling fixed?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 04-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #128
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So does this mean that my A.I. WR's won't dive for the ball if I don't take control of them?

I'm one of those guys who doesn't use user catches against the CPU because it's just too much of an advantage over them. Also, if the answer is yes, then I assume that the CPU wideouts will not dive for the ball either. I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm starting to get worried.
Good question that I cannot answer because I user catch all my passes practically. I remember the CPU making plenty of it's own different animations but I cannot pinpoint the dive one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »