Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #105
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I liked this vid more than last weeks. That read option play looks like I can finally add it as a viable play for once in my arsenal against the cpu. The passing was good too the DBs were reacting better than roboDB's of years past. Still bothered by line play but I know going in it won't be hugely altered. Still want to see the cpu use logic. At least drop tuners to do so without them attatching to patches would be nice.

Man that read option play makes me want to recruit a fast QB to Rutgers so bad now.
Haha - I know. Made me long for the days of Iowa having a QB with speed > 50.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #106
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Nothing impressive, i saw one person say something about being happy to see the DE bite on the read option but it's one thing to bite, it's another to bite and continue to run to the other side of the field still fooled.

Usually when a DE bites they just get caught out of position, they don't completely vacate the position.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #107
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidirkulousPokes
I'm a pretty big presentation guy and I am pretty tired of being let down year after year because EA Sports can't capture the pageantry, tradition, and sounds of college football. There is no other sport like it when it comes to Saturday tailgates and during the game.

I have seen nothing so far in any of the videos to show that they have upgraded their presentation. Sure, a Rece Davis update is all well and good, but that will get repetitive. I am looking for a whole new crowd and actual interaction in the game.
This has zero baring on the video in this thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #108
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I've been very critical of EA in the past and was going to pass on this year's game but I'm pleasantly surprised. I like the uniforms, I loved the lighting and denard seemed to be like denard. His throwing motion looked similar to real life. The gameplay looked good, almost like last year's. I just hope they clean somethings up that have plagued the series. EA needs to realize they aren't going to be able to please everybody. No perfect game will ever be made so I just accept the facts and hope they improve each year.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #109
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
The game comes out in little over a month and we still have not seen a full quarter of play with authentic sound, commentary etc. We are getting 30-45 second clips with music playing....not to mention these videos have done nothing to show what they worked on.....Its troubling me to see that they are advertising a WR being "thrown" open in the manner to which it is happening along with WIP.....Here's hoping to E3 being a coming out party.
yea showing a WR running a wide open route isn't exactly something we need to see. Like someone else said, i have a feeling throwing for 400+ yards will be easy.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #110

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Gameplay looks solid and line interactions look like they were touched somewhat.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #111
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This video looks better than the last one, but it was also very selective, unlike the last one. EA is back to being able to cherry pick the best.

One thing I am not really sure I get is the defensive assignments. Just like last week, the pass defense assignments are just off. On the double move play, it was Cover 1 man. A single safety over the top and a robber hook zone underneath. On this play, the single high safety initially made the right play, shading to the Post on the PoCo route. But he released back to the center of the field before the WR even broke to the Corner, leading me to believe defensive reactions are still tied to plays not to action on the field. He ends up covering grass.

The bubble screen still looked awful, but at least the WR appeared to catch it on the move. That's an improvement. That better be an effective constraint play.

On the comeback, I'm guessing Cover 1 Man again. Everything looked good. Would really like to see some of these plays with press coverage rather than a 10 yard cushion. The lead to space play had a press at the LOS but it was zone. I'd like to see a press with man coverage.

The Stick play (lead WR to space) was not pretty. The offensive side looked fantastic. The WR and QB did exactly what they should have done, but the defense was awful. It is Cover 2 Zone, but the SS was in the middle of nowhere. You HAVE to be as wide and as deep as the widest and deepest in Cover 2. Instead, he just got to the middle of his assigned zone and stopped, which led to the streak route to run right by him. Same play, look as the two middle hook zones on the right. They are basically next to each other while the middle of the field was wide open.

Again, this all points to a read and react system that is tied to plays, not tied to what is actually happening. Had it been tied to what was actually happening, that SS would have kept shading and would have been right on it. It's Cover 2, the whole purpose is to not get beat deep outside the hash. In the video, the SS just happened to stop exactly where the route would have run had the QB/WR not adjusted.

Who knows. Offense looks pretty encouraging but the defense looks all wrong in every pass play so far. I keep getting the sense that D was just dumbed down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #112
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes2587
Nice! i am really excited for Ncaa Football 13. and even though i am a Ohio State fan seeing Robinson aka QB#16 Looking like a Real Fast Running QB. to where in Ncaa Football 12 it's kind of slow and does not look like a running QB. so i Like that the Running QB's will look life like. and the game in general. EA has worked really hard this year. and i am proud of that. Operation Sports in my opinion. best place to get video game info.
The animation speed looked exponentially improved from last year to me, hopefully the decision making of the CPU QB has been likewise improved.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »