Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

I'm curious how showing the called play will work with audibles. It could be quite interesting if you can audible within the formation and make this skill backfire.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #34
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I'm curious how showing the called play will work with audibles. It could be quite interesting if you can audible within the formation and make this skill backfire.
We have a genius. I don't want to be in an OD with this guy screwing me over when I call a blitz and he audibles to a quick pass.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #35
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Yeah I'm guessing it won't show the audibled play, which does limit its effectiveness some. And against the CPU, it would make QBs with high awareness who audible more often be even more important, so that could be interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 0
Little worried these skills upgrades could make the game "cheesy", if that's the appropriate term. The last thing I want to see is a team with subpar players playing well above their potential against better opposition simply because the coach has certain "signature skills" (say UMass vs Alabama).

I am encouraged by the two tidbits copied/pasted below from the last part of the article.

"...You can reallocate your points and focus on other areas once the offseason hits..."

"...When starting up your Dynasty you’re able to determine how many points coaches are given at the start (on a scale of 1-20), as well as how quickly you level up...."
Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #37
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Little worried these skills upgrades could make the game "cheesy", if that's the appropriate term. The last thing I want to see is a team with subpar players playing well above their potential against better opposition simply because the coach has certain "signature skills" (say UMass vs Alabama).

I am encouraged by the two tidbits copied/pasted below from the last part of the article.

"...You can reallocate your points and focus on other areas once the offseason hits..."

"...When starting up your Dynasty you’re able to determine how many points coaches are given at the start (on a scale of 1-20), as well as how quickly you level up...."
Well, the Bama coaches will presumably be at higher levels than the UMass coaches, so they could have all the same skills unlocked, if not more, thus negating any potential advantages.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #38
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I think people are over thinking these skills due to EA's track record.

This adds great depth.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #39
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
I have mixed feelings about this as far as online play against a human but I don't really get into that much. I think if this is done right it could make offline dynasty a lot of fun. I just hope the computer A.I. uses this too. It would be cool facing off against Nick Saban and Urban Meyer. Coaches have a lot to do with why Alabama won a NC and Ohio St finished 12-0. Of course players are the majority but I feel that NCAA has never made coaching matter during a game. Seems pretty cool to me.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
While I like these coach skills. Im deeply concered for a few reasons.

1) If you can just simply Max out all skills, this can be complete DUNK Master Flex all over the opposing team Online. I mean, If I can start off VERY HOT at the start of the game, gosh!

2) The "Anti-Freeze" Perks come with consistency in real life. Over time a kicker avoids being Frozen. I believe it should apply to Freshman Kickers, and kickers who have missed a field goal earlier in game, or have missed a string of FG's latly.

3) I love the "Prev Play" skill, but I feel like its too often. How about you get 2 reveals each quater instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »