Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #1353
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Has anyone else missed field goals on Heisman difficulty? I've personally missed a few, which is kind of cool because I'm usually automatic in every football game. I've had some that didn't even come close.

I just played Alabama and the game was scoreless with seconds left in the 4th. I was kind of amped up because I was about to get a shutout, but I hit the goal post on a 40 yarder with time expiring. I ended up winning in OT though, so it was all good.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #1354
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm really liking the demo. I've played maybe 10 games on heisman level with everything else default and have had some great games. I'm probably 4-6 or so but I was in just about every game right up till the end.

Pros - CPU offense is tough to stop. Hallelujah!!
User and cpu run game / option game is great
Blocking is 100 times better for CPU and user
I am not able to get any money plays to work repeatedly like before
Infinity 2 is awesome
Cons - I'm completing too many deep passes vs anyone except Bama
CPU has ran the clock on itself late in games when trailing a few times
^i remember last years demo doing this but retail didn't
Commentary is getting stale but after the terrible Gus Johnson fiasco that was madden 12 (I think) I'm really fine with them leaving it till next gen
Demo needs to be more minutes. It's hard to play a sim style game with 3
Graphics are pretty weak. The potbelly weirdos wearing #00 on the sideline just make me smh every time I see one.

Overall I really like it and its a for sure release day purchase at my house! Excited to fire up the OD with my boys!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #1355
Rookie

OVR: 5

Cpu playcalling is pretty bad in the demo. Using only the Triple Option with Oregon, on Heisman difficulty, I ran for 419 yards on 40 carries with 6 touchdowns. Obviously, the cpu didn't adjust its playcalling all that well to the one offensive play I was calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1356
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
NCAA 14 is the first one you're NOT going to buy first day? You hustlin backwards man.

Definitely agree on the commentary. I'm sure I heard that they implemented some type of new tech that allowed the commentary to branch off and be more dynamic. Wonder what happened to that? I haven't noticed anything different with the commentary.
Hopefully commentary has been limited due to it being a demo. I have heard many different lines of commentary though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #1357
Just started!

OVR: 0

I scored 45 pts in 3 min quarters despite only getting 17 pts at halftime. I threw for 324 yds vs Michigan. on aa I haven't brought it since ncaa12. I'm buying it this yri
Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #1358
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Has anyone else missed field goals on Heisman difficulty? I've personally missed a few, which is kind of cool because I'm usually automatic in every football game. I've had some that didn't even come close.

I just played Alabama and the game was scoreless with seconds left in the 4th. I was kind of amped up because I was about to get a shutout, but I hit the goal post on a 40 yarder with time expiring. I ended up winning in OT though, so it was all good.
Had a game last night on Heisman as Michigan. Set up a last second 29yd FG to put it into overtime and the CPU iced me...........hit the left pylon...I was initially upset, but then smiled.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #1359
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyxGoDxIsxGrEaTeR
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how everyone is taking to no longer being able to manually move your defenders to certain areas for manual preplay defensive assignments? (The game now moves your defensive player back to where he was if you move him on your own)
Anyone? I know I'm not cool enough to have my avatar picture up yet

But still. Lol...
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #1360
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Hope a dev sees this because I really like the Zoom camera but there's a pretty significant problem with it.

The Zoom camera doesn't zoom out on playaction passes like it does on standard passes. It treats PA passes like a run and limits your field of view to the 1/3 of the field directly in front of you.

I love the way it puts you in the trenches on runs, and gives you a slightly more realistic view of how the players on the field see the game. If they could just program the camera to recognize PA passes and zoom out like normal, then it would be perfect for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »