Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #145
Rookie

This Is Michigan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Screw the passing game. 174 yds rushing, 20 yds passing.

Jacking my team's player ratings up since 2003.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #146
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

(PS3) Played three games. Really impressed so far. I assume no one has seen the halftime report cause at the end of the second it just moves to the 3rd quarter with no halftime commentary. They do say thanks to Reece and David. Maybe their is some surprise that EA has up their sleeves for the Halftime Report and wants us to wait for release.

-Used A&M twice and was really impressed with the CPU AI option game. Oregon made me look stupid. Couldn't tell if Thomas or Mariota had the ball. I ended up winning 17-7 after I figured out that my DL seemed to contain Thomas when he got the ball, so I used player lock and spied on Mariota.

-Crowd was pretty good for A&M game. Nothing that really blew me away but some of the chants were new and the crowd seemed smarter, but not all that much louder. I also didn't hear any of the post play chatter between players (maybe that was for Madden not NCAA)

-Pre Game which I really didn't think I was going to like was nicely done. I wish they wouldn't show game action but when they are showing players jumping around it does look pretty cool. I assume the montage only focus' on the home team, because I have only seen A&M and Bama featured and they we both the home teams. Both had different music which was nice so it won't get stale on that end, just hope it's not always the same for your team in dynasty

-I started a game with Alabama and VT just to see the Neutral Site presentation. Nothing all that special but a great feature to have and be able to change in dynasty.

-Really like the acceleration burst. I feel like I am actually setting up my blocks, picking a hole and then I accelerate through it. Really nice.

-Skills Trainer was just ok for me until I saw an Oklahoma Drill for defense. Not exactly like the Oklahoma Drill from my playing days but still fun. I wish they would add this to dynasty off season and use this to progress my players.

Overall really impressed so far.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 06-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #147
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Some quick thoughts:

- Simply can't wait to get under-the-hood with this game!!!
Interesting post, Khaliib. I certainly hope we can get under the hood with the Editors - otherwise, I'll probably have little interest in buying the game. I suppose we will not know the answer to this question until the game becomes available in July.

I can't download the demo yet (I am a Silver member, so I must wait about a week). I'll look forward to more of your comments. Can you tell if the Coach A Game mode is still present in NCAA14?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #148
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

the interception animations look a lot more fluid as well. I love them.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #149
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

another note it is going to be hard to get upsets this year.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #150
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
- There was a glitch where the ball carrier was brought down on top of a defender, and the game did not count him as down. The ballcarrier got back up and continued running.
That is IE. same thing would happen occasionally in M13.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played two games, Oregon Vs Texas AM First, Simply because I'm from/live in Portland, OR and the Ducks are our Football team lol (Maybe seahawks too)

Anyways, the game felt great. First thing I did.

Heisman for both offense and defense, put all CPU sliders at 45, left Human at 50. Put it on Coordinator cam.

Wow. The gameplay felt new. The new blocking A.I they put in for the running plays really shines, plus the infinity engine 2 equals realistic blocking.

As someone said earlier, the passing fell "Tighter" didn't seem like you could lead your receiver way off route. Still could a little bit, but not as much.

The pocket COLLAPSED... a few times. The LT gave up a few sacks, didn't seem like the RT was programed to give up sacks. (Only two games)

The ONLY thing I'm concerned about right now is this...

I switched sides during the middle of both games, the the CPU switched "Zone Coverage" to Aggressive in the Gameplans. Which lead to a lot of deep balls being open. Now it didn't seem to have an issue, because I tried to run 4 verts a few times, and the coverage looked tight. They did play under the man...but rode their assignment pretty well.

So far not a problem, unless they ONLY play aggressive. Ill try and complete a few deep balls early through Play action and see if the CPU changes up. Because I do run a lot of short passes.

Back to the Demo. EA might have pulled it off.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #152
Rookie

Xx_JP_VHS_xX's Arena

OVR: 1

Game 1
Texas A&M(me) 21 Oregon 14 on All American

This game is awesome. The first quarter had me sold. There was one hard hit I had and I actually reacted like I would in real life. When I got the ball on offense my second play I did an option with manziel and pitched it to my RB and juked one time and took off to the house. The jukes in this game are the must fun and rewarding moves ever in NCAA.

PS3: Xx_JP_GSW_xX

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »