Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #1329
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Has anyone else had this happen?

Was playing TAMU/Oregon in the demo. 2nd Q, 2:21, X360, 3rd down. I threw a pass toward the back right corner of the end zone. Oregon intercepted it, but it didn't look like they landed in bounds. However, the game registered Oregon in bounds and also awarded them a touchdown in MY endzone. Herbstreit even acknowledged that it was a great interception AND return (but there was no return). I could not challenge the play and there was no automatic review either. Cheap seven points for the Ducks and nothing I could do. This MUST be fixed.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #1330
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Anyone gone back and played '13 after a good stretch of demo '14? wow, i don't know if it was painful, but basically, playing '13 is painful compared to '14.

I fired up my OD, played a half, and said forget it, hit the delete button on '13 a few days early.

Think ncaa '14 has a chance to be a pretty solid deal.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #1331
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14straight

Was playing TAMU/Oregon in the demo. 2nd Q, 2:21, X360, 3rd down. I threw a pass toward the back right corner of the end zone. Oregon intercepted it, but it didn't look like they landed in bounds. However, the game registered Oregon in bounds and also awarded them a touchdown in MY endzone. Herbstreit even acknowledged that it was a great interception AND return (but there was no return). I could not challenge the play and there was no automatic review either. Cheap seven points for the Ducks and nothing I could do. This MUST be fixed.
Someone posted this above. You're not the only one.

Aside from all that, I agree with the recent poster above. The option seems unstoppable. Guaranteed AT LEAST 4-5 yards a pop. The shovel pass-speed option appears to be "gold" as well. Anyone who can even moderately make good option reads will come out on top in a big way.

But, I do like the overall gameplay and presentation of the game. Seems much smoother and much more authentic. I could probably do with more coverage on the defensive side of the ball (seems like receivers are always open), but I have been playing on heisman. Nevertheless, I'm excited for this game this year.

Last edited by MyxGoDxIsxGrEaTeR; 07-02-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Left out the quote. Grammatical and word choice errors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #1332
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Being a fan of 13.....I am really pumped for 14. However I am going to wait a few months.

I am in no rush. I don't want to pay full retail for EA football games anymore this gen. The last 2 years we were able to get these at 44.99 via Toys R Us. Not this year.

As far as the game....it will be a clear upgrade on the field. I want to wait and see the impressions with the new recruiting, coach skill tree, dynasty presentation, halftime show etc.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #1333
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyxGoDxIsxGrEaTeR
Someone posted this above. You're not the only one.

Aside from all that, I agree with the recent poster above. The option seems unstoppable. Guaranteed AT LEAST 4-5 yards a pop. The shovel pass-speed option appears to be "gold" as well. Anyone who can even moderately make good option reads will come out on top in a big way.

But, I do like the overall gameplay and presentation of the game. Seems much smoother and much more authentic. I could probably do with more coverage on the defensive side of the ball (seems like receivers are always open), but I have been playing on heisman. Nevertheless, I'm excited for this game this year.

no offense but the option is pretty much unstoppable in RL too when its executed well, reason oregon constantly puts up 40-60pts a game.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #1334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
no offense but the option is pretty much unstoppable in RL too when its executed well, reason oregon constantly puts up 40-60pts a game.
No question. But where does it stop? I play online so it would be pretty frustrating for someone to run option/shovel option every play. I don't know if you have tried it, but it's pretty bad.

Regarding real life, I don't believe the Pac was really regarded for their defense this past year. Sure, Stanford, U of A and ASU were okay, but nothing to write home about. I'm sure Oregon is salivating every year when they draw up their offenses.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #1335
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14straight

This has happened to me 3 times in 6 games and several have mentioned on here. Not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1336
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Being a fan of 13.....I am really pumped for 14. However I am going to wait a few months.

I am in no rush. I don't want to pay full retail for EA football games anymore this gen. The last 2 years we were able to get these at 44.99 via Toys R Us. Not this year.

As far as the game....it will be a clear upgrade on the field. I want to wait and see the impressions with the new recruiting, coach skill tree, dynasty presentation, halftime show etc.
You get a $25 gift card at Toys R Us this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »