Home

NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #89
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I know we're only supposed to post impressions here, but im curious as to what's the use of this feature?
To make it a more real to life coaching experience. Having to work your way up. Starting at the bottom. Not being able to be a top 25 schools head coach right out of the gate. This is what I loved about the college hoops 2k games.

And then you would only get job offers on your performance. So it would take you a while to get to the major schools. I know you can kinda of do this now by choosing a lower end school, but its not the same if I have pretend on my end. I want the system built in. It would just be nice is all. So hoping its finally been added.

Also sorry for posting this here. I had two tabs open and thought I posted this on the EA NCAA forum.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #90
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Im playing as South Alabama vs Georgia St and my LE is dominating their RT. 5 sacks in the 1st half. 4 of them when the CPU is controlling him. and only 4 man rush. My LE is rated 73 their RT is 65.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #91
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Glad I'm only playing in no-switch OD this year, seeing some hard cheese in this one ranked match

Three others have been fun tho

About to play against g tech CPU

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #92
Quick as lightning

TexanCam's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing on default AA and I'm loving the game so far. I've played with Texas A&M against Alabama already for one game. Animations with this infinity engine leave a little to be desired, but hey, it's a game. I did however see a pass be fought for by the corner. Ultimately ended up with the interception after wrestling with the wide receiver, wish I would've thought to record it.

Haven't seen any bugs as of yet. I didn't see any in the demo actually. For the 360 version at least.

Ran the triple option with Air Force and Memphis. Yeah Memphis, actually runs pretty well with them. I might say the triple option is a little overpowered on All-American. Going to try and bump it to Heisman to see if it makes a difference. Just too many big plays in my opinion. Although I did play Utah State.
2014 (3-9) Some things are better left unsaid...
UTSA
2015 (0-0)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #93
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
To make it a more real to life coaching experience. Having to work your way up. Starting at the bottom. Not being able to be a top 25 schools head coach right out of the gate. This is what I loved about the college hoops 2k games.

And then you would only get job offers on your performance. So it would take you a while to get to the major schools. I know you can kinda of do this now by choosing a lower end school, but its not the same if I have pretend on my end. I want the system built in. It would just be nice is all. So hoping its finally been added.

Also sorry for posting this here. I had two tabs open and thought I posted this on the EA NCAA forum.
You can pick any school you want to coach at. Just choose to start at the bottom. You wont get offers from big schools for quite a while. at least never have.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #94
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Want to add this (I did not edit because it was on previous page and will be lost..)

In week 3 of dynasty with new coach, already level 3... Hate that.

Granted, they do give you options for level speed. I chose normal. Slow or slowest will be the way to go if you want a challenge and not level your coach so fast.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #95
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ok played quite a few 1/2 games with different teams etc...

Plain and simple the game is knocking on the door of somewhat greatness but that's it.

It's close to being a nice experience but it needs some work. It was a fun time but too many things that need fixed and what irks me the most is a LOT are the same things that were in previous versions....

Just not sure I want to send this team 60.00...

Again game is fun and things can be overlooked and still have a fun experience. Just not sure why they chose to not touch some of the issues from previous versions.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #96
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Fellows just my personal opinion with the short time I've had with this game. It's not finished plain and simple.

I hate to say it but I can't/wouldn't recommend this game to anyone right now. I'm on ps3 and it's a bug filled experience. Things have improved from the demo but critical game changing bugs/issues exist and it's often

Cpu getting called for Delay of game after scoring a TD. Game just sits at the endzone as the playclock counts down

After int's the ball spot is completely wrong.

It has some good things going for it but just the 2 above mentioned can drastically change the outcome of a game
Thanks I'm canceling my pre order tomorrow! Hopefully the DB glitch and those Bugs are fixed. Other than that it is a good game....

Last edited by tyberious4now; 07-05-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »