Home

CBS Sports: 'The (NCAA) Video Game Will Return One Day'

This is a discussion on CBS Sports: 'The (NCAA) Video Game Will Return One Day' within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CBS Sports: 'The (NCAA) Video Game Will Return One Day'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreTeeKay3
College BBall has been gone since 2009....
College Basketball and NBA are basically the same game that's why. It was a waist of time and money. Nothing new you could add to either that shouldn't be in the other unlike football. I preferred college basketball for recruiting and building a program over NBA same players every year. Not many would spend $60 to buy both so instead of losing money one way or the other they went with the one that could be marketed with stars (Jordan, Lebron, Durant).

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #34
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
I guess I'll say it I want NCAA Football back too but produced by EA Sports. 2k football is not that great
Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #35
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
I guess I'll say it I want NCAA Football back too but produced by EA Sports. 2k football is not that great

especially when 2k made college football games. i get nfl 2k5 was great but that doesnt translate to them making a cfb game the same way. id rather let ea do it. 14 was a few patches away from being really good and i love the ncaa football series way more than madden

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
especially when 2k made college football games. i get nfl 2k5 was great but that doesnt translate to them making a cfb game the same way. id rather let ea do it. 14 was a few patches away from being really good and i love the ncaa football series way more than madden

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

Visual Concepts made the 2K games at that time. They put a small team on the college football game, which is why it turned out the way it did. It wasn't bad, but not up to NFL 2k standards. Where as NCAA I think surpassed madden on many years. If they put their focus on NCAA, it could be a great game. Just look at how deep and fun their College Basketball games were. Heck they made the awesome Bill Walsh College football and Madden 94, 95. Of course that was years ago, I'm not sure how much of the team is left that made NFL 2k much less those old games.

Last edited by guitar4468; 07-14-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #37
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
Even better, let's have the licenses be non-exclusive so we get numerous options and competition in the marketplace!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #38
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
The NCAA series definitely needed a break, so maybe this will all be a blessing in disguise. However, I find it hard to believe that all 120 schools will be a part of the new game and still make it economically feasible for EA (or another company) to profit. We'll see though!
What is your reasoning as to why it needed a break exactly?
Old 07-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #39
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4468
My problem is, why do we have to wait on the decision to pay the players? Why can't they just do random teams with players that do not represent their real life counterparts? I play NCAA for the Dynasty and its more about the schools, rivalries, traditions, etc than it is about the real life players for the first four years.
Because they lost those licenses as well. It would have to be a completely 100% generic game. If I remember correctly, they kicked the around the idea of doing it before ultimately pulling the plug.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #40
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
What is your reasoning as to why it needed a break exactly?

I'm assuming he meant to that maybe EA could ship a College Football game out of the box that can be enjoyed without a series of tuners and patches. Maybe this time off can be utilized to correct many of the mistakes and put out the best version of the series to date... or perhaps sell everyone a slightly updated version of the series with flashy new uniforms and set back and rake in over 80 mil in sales because you own the market.... my guess is the latter. We still have hope. What's Ian Cummings up to these days?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »