Home

NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #105
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
I don't understand why players that want to have a certain game back have to be referred to as crackheads...lol. NCAA Football has a huge following which is obvious by this thread. NCAA Football will make a comeback. Why not do what 2K did and get whatever licensing they received and make generic players. It might start out small with only a few teams as I recall Bill Walsh College Football had humble beginnings. Before Florida State in NCAA Football there was Tallahassee in Bill Walsh College Football. I hope that issues do get ironed so that we can have a College Football game again and very soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football's Facebook Page Gets the World's Hopes Up...For Nothing?

That disappointment on having seen that it was not an advertisement of a new NCAA,I expect to see a new game prompt, I it find the madden great to being absent it does not manage to transmit the same thing go NCAA!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 10
If they name they new game "National Championship" and do it similar to Bill Walsh College Football, it would be dope. That game was very good.

My thing is this, we live in an age where the Jetsons society is closer and upon us more than we realize. I'm in the middle east and walking through an Electronic Store, I see a guy with the Samsung VR goggles on, st a Samsung Designated pop up.

Why is it so hard to make a football game where all the tools of modification are available for the consumer to apply? It just feels like the spoiled kid who takes his toys away because all the other kids are having more fun with them than he knows how to.

These developers need to make the game and step away. But they want too much control, top many ads and too much vying for sponsorship. Be creative and make your own ads, or run a contest from within your gaming fans community to win a chance at making the in game ads, or have the community pay for their own companies to be sponsored in the game.

These people seem like they aren't talented at all, or creative enough. The same game only a few minor tweeks is what we get year after year. Two 4th Gen consoles with the "GOVERNOR'S " swith under the hood so they don't get to amazing. Smh.

Why has madden not incorporated college football into their game as a DLC? After the season the first thing we focus on is the draft. Why isn't there a real off season feature, after the draft we focus on free agency, owners meetings, drama. Look I know there's a mode, but it's wack. Look how relocation panned out for the three clubs. Uniform changes, rules committees etc etc. Why aren't these thought of and put in the game? It's the subtle things that make the game innovative.

I'm still waiting to have a sports game run in an open platform similar to RPG games. These games are buit on a suction system, it can be open, even with the players having responsibilities and assignments.

I always try to make a guy who is 99, and see how he balls out. Never balls out though. Lol so what's the point?

The business strategy isn't one that has a section for consumer fun. It's all controlled fantasy. That's wack. And a waste of resources to build these systems.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #108
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Real teams and stadiums with made up players would be fine by me. After a few years of recruiting it wouldn't matter anyway.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 01-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #109
Rookie

Slegr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
Real teams and stadiums with made up players would be fine by me. After a few years of recruiting it wouldn't matter anyway.
This, as long as the teams, stadiums, mascots, bowls, authentic branded presentation are in that's what I need for a college football game, the actual rosters to me are least important as they get washed out in franchise mode anyway.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:30 PM   #110
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Since I haven't seen this article mentioned in here during my brief browsing, I'll just quote my post from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I agree 100%, I was just theorizing a fool-proof way they could make things happen without any slippery slopes.

A fake roster would be the best way, and while they wouldn't do what they did with O'Bannon, Tebow, et al (same height, weight, race, skin tone, handedness, features, number, etc) - they would be leery of any accidental likenesses while players are prevented from being compensated.

After reading up a bit, and discovering this article:

EA SPORTS' NCAA FOOTBALL GAME WILL BE BACK IF THE NCAA LOSES IN COURT

I think it's more-so that we're in a holding pattern, & EA is waiting to see if the NCAA wins or loses(again) in court.

Here's a few quotes from the article:

We just have to wait, and hope it seems.
These are the quotes from the article (you can't quote inside a quote lol):

Quote:
O'Bannon is often blamed for the cancellation of NCAA video games, but he had no issues with using player NILs for commercial purposes. He simply felt it was unfair for those same players to not get a financial cut when everyone else was making money. The NCAA feels differently, and it's the association's intransigence on amateurism that's leaving gamers out in the cold.
Quote:
Kessler is hellbent on changing the NCAA system, and he's widely regarded as arguably the best sports antitrust attorney in the country. Although his case has yet to go to trial, college administrators in a recent CBS poll named him the sixth most influential person in college sports.

If Kessler wins, gamers win. And if you don't want to root for an attorney, you can root for Nigel Hayes, the fun-loving star of the University of Wisconsin basketball team who joined the Kessler suit—officially named the Jenkins suit for Clemson University football player Martin Jenkins—as a plaintiff.

One of the keys for Kessler will be to prove that there is a market for paying athletes. He will undoubtedly call an EA Sports executive to the stand to explain just how much they'd be happy to pay players to bring back the game. The more EA Sports wants the game back, and the more it shares that view at an eventual trial, the better.

It's a process, and the process has to play out. And while I wouldn't say it looks 100% promising, it's also not as dead as some think.

It'll take time, compelling arguments in court, and some intelligent forward thinking judges.

EA's stunt on Facebook & then quick denial of anything happening --- and/or --- whether or not we'll see a NCAA Football again, are two entirely separate conversations.

From what I gather about the issue, Kessler(the attorney who aided the NFLPA in turning the heat up on Goodell in the Ray Rice situation) is looking to use the court's ruling in O'Bannon's favor (and against the NCAA) in his antitrust lawsuit.

Oral arguments, in the Court of Appeals, start in early March on the O'Bannon case (NCAA scrambling to get the ruling against them overturned).

All the while, Kessler is gearing up for his battle.

I read the NCAA wants the Supreme Court to hear their case (no guarantee the Supreme Court is willing to hear it), but if they lose the appeal that starts in March, and Kessler comes swinging the hammer after they just took that loss...

Things could get very very interesting.

O'Bannon is actually not the enemy here. He wants players compensated for use of their likeness, EA (and I'm sure other publishers) are willing to pay players for use of their likeness. NCAA doesn't want that. They lost. They have the right to appeal, and they are. Meanwhile Kessler is bringing an antirust case, which would dismantle all of the NCAA's "amateurism" ish, & we'll see college games again. Point blank.

It'll take years to play out, and the NCAA's loss in both cases isn't guaranteed (appeals & antitrust case).

But they already lost once on a matter that is intimately related to Kessler's case. Never say never.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #111
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Why would you get my hopes up like this? 🙏
It would be cool if it were televised lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 02:10 AM   #112
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Never thought I would see this forum end up as a ghost town, but then again I'd never thought I would miss this title as much as I do now -sighs-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »