Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #249
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
It doesn't have to be. They could just release with actual generic rosters that don't resemble the real life players at all.
The only thing is, even with generic rosters they won't allow us to edit because of our ability to make the generic guys "appear" like real players. My hope is that, even if we can't edit, we'll at least have the real players. I think having roster updates like Madden would be the best thing in that scenario. but, I REALLYYYYYYY hope we're able to edit.
Old 11-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #250
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

kind of surprised there hasn't been any ''unofficial'' news leaked from one or more IRL college football players saying what they've been offered from EA
especially considering there are over 11,000 of these players.
so I'm going to assume not one of them have even heard as much as a small rumble of a whisper of news.
I'm starting to lean that it's more and more likely the players won't have any involvement this first year in

the only recent mention of the game from current players just a small crumb from Miami qb Brett Gabbert and he seems to think he will be in the game if it is indeed released
saw that on The Miami Student.net

A Work in Progress
Old 11-14-2022, 04:59 PM   #251
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

They likely haven't negotiated for player likenesses yet. That will be something that is done next calendar year as the game draws closer. All the work being done on the game is getting art assets up to date, getting the modes and features into the game and working, and so on. The roster was always one of the last things to get worked on and it won't be different this time around either. They, EA, are also likely waiting to see if any group or groups are able to negotiate on behalf of a large number of players.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2022, 06:46 PM   #252
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They likely haven't negotiated for player likenesses yet. That will be something that is done next calendar year as the game draws closer. All the work being done on the game is getting art assets up to date, getting the modes and features into the game and working, and so on. The roster was always one of the last things to get worked on and it won't be different this time around either. They, EA, are also likely waiting to see if any group or groups are able to negotiate on behalf of a large number of players.
Agree. I'm just glad they had this time to set a good foundation on the game before starting the yearly dev cycle. The expectations should be kept in check, but it is vital that they build a good foundation to build off.

I think that the first news we might see if the NIL EA deal. I think that'll happen after the bowl games. I do wonder how they'll approach likenesses. I prefer them doing the same thing they got in trouble for lol. Just use real player bio and an avatar that closely resembles the player. I don't know if they should go through the trouble of trying to scan players in limited time and relying on updates during the year. At least, not year one. I do understand if the scan select players for marketing. But even if they want to scan players, no sense to scan current seniors and likely draft eligible Jrs/RSO. Most likely won't be in game next year anyway, unless for UT.

Besides regular news, it just depends if they are going to follow Madden style news release. Madden usually starts dropping news around first week of June around E3 time. So, usually between 11-12 weeks before it releases. I can see EA College Football releasing on Jult 14, 2023. So, that would mean first week of May after the draft is over. But since it is the first release in a decade and treating it like a new series, I could see them revealing news earlier then that.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:14 AM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd be surprised to see them scan any players, outside of maybe a handful that they can get all in one place, for marketing. Not only is it thousands and thousands of players, but they're wearing a helmet 95% of the time. You're talking 4x the amount of teams as Madden, with twice the roster size, and they're all turning over every few years. I don't even know what portion of Madden they have scanned at this point. Maybe 45-55%? It isn't a lot, after the starters.

I wouldn't expect there to be any meaningful amount of face scans until years down the road, if ever. Getting players in one place doesn't happen often, outside of the award ceremonies, and most of those guys are leaving school, by then. Coach facescans are more likely than any significant portion of players, imo.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:57 AM   #254
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I could see them scanning in guys that are for sure draft picks so they have the scans for Madden also, but I doubt they'll do much scanning. I'm desperately hoping they've created a more dynamic face generation and customization system so we can move away from pre-made faces.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 11-15-2022, 11:49 AM   #255
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I could see them scanning in guys that are for sure draft picks so they have the scans for Madden also, but I doubt they'll do much scanning. I'm desperately hoping they've created a more dynamic face generation and customization system so we can move away from pre-made faces.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Madden has to have had the bulk of the same pre-made faces since the PS3/360 days and the same player creation suite as well. They're definitely in need for an overhauled one, especially since we approaching the current gen only phase of this generation. Or at the very least, use the same creation suite that's used in FoTF and just randomly create faces.
Semi off topic, but I wish they brought back the EA Game Face scan app. The NBA Live 18 Game Face app had to be my best face scan experience I ever had. I only remember doing it twice, and that was just to adjust complexion. They had it in NCAA 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
I'd be surprised to see them scan any players, outside of maybe a handful that they can get all in one place, for marketing. Not only is it thousands and thousands of players, but they're wearing a helmet 95% of the time. You're talking 4x the amount of teams as Madden, with twice the roster size, and they're all turning over every few years. I don't even know what portion of Madden they have scanned at this point. Maybe 45-55%? It isn't a lot, after the starters.

I wouldn't expect there to be any meaningful amount of face scans until years down the road, if ever. Getting players in one place doesn't happen often, outside of the award ceremonies, and most of those guys are leaving school, by then. Coach facescans are more likely than any significant portion of players, imo.
I don't think Coaches will be in the plans for year 1. Maybe post launch. There is a college football coach association so it might be possible to get a deal done easier than getting a NIL deal for the players. I think being in the game could be used as a recruiting tool for head coaches. That would make them more recognizable to younger generation.

Last edited by illwill10; 11-16-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2022, 10:23 PM   #256
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i have a ps5 now

i think the best we can hope for is edit in dystnay only offline

i still think a few teams might sit out year one like northwestern tulane

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »