Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #225
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Do you all think we might actually get some real news or a trailer from EA during the Championship game in January or too soon?
Not sure. My main question is whether they would want to wait until a potential NIL Group licensing deal first. Not sure, whether they want to show off the game and players with QB #12 on the jersey.

I can see some type of light reveal during the Championship game. Maybe just a title reveal. I can see a small clip of "NCAA 24" title and hearing band music
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #226
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Do you all think we might actually get some real news or a trailer from EA during the Championship game in January or too soon?
I'm not a marketing expert by any means, but it seems like a logical event to start building hype for release. Maybe it's just because I pretty much go into a countdown to MLB spring training after the National Championship, but I pretty much forget about College football until the first game the next season. The transfer portal provides a little bit of drama to follow in the summer months especially the "QB-carousal" it has turned into, but the general lack of notable player movement makes the offseason less exciting to follow. I think it would be a missed opportunity not to at least release some type of short teaser for the upcoming game during the Natty

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 10-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #227
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I’ll be extremely surprised if we don’t get an info dump around the time of the playoffs, then probably nothing till a monthish before release.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:03 PM   #228
Pro

I will be totally honest and this is just my point. This new game could keep NIL and transfer portal out, and I will be happy with it. If EA spends more time refining these areas, then I think gameplay focus could be mediocre. I don't want that. Give me a mix of NCAA 13 and 14 and better graphics and fix the overtime glitch of course, and I am cool. Maybe teambuilder also.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:25 AM   #229
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That's the question. How do they implement NIL. NIL is too big of a thing now, to not include NIL. I think quick lazy way to do it is add "Marketability" to a school's Recruiting Pitches. I don’t know, it seems like a tricky situation to handle.

That's why I said Recruiting Pitches or some type of morale system seems like the best way to handle Transfer Portal
I agree. Don't think you can release a game reflecting college football of 3 years ago at release date. Also hopefully they have foresight to include a custom number of playoff teams and custom conference structure since this is going to be evolving in the future
Old 10-04-2022, 02:27 PM   #230
MVP

OVR: 1

If NIL is in at all I assume it’ll just be a “market size” or something modifier on recruiting.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:59 AM   #231
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
The only news that matters in my opinion is when EA begins negotiating with whatever player union represents the players. Until that time everything else could be irrelevant. If EA doesnt reach a deal by July, hopefully they will continue and the game get a Christmas releaseDecember 2023. I know no one wants to dwell on the fact a deal has to be reached for EA to go to market but that is the reality theyare dealing with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #232
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I would rather the game release in July as scheduled with fictional rosters vs wait til December for named rosters.

EA can always continue to negotiate and if they reach a deal, do a roster update that brings in real players. It would be a huge update generating ridiculous hype for the game.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »