Home

FIFA 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #481
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Maybe my thoughts are skewed and irrelevant to 16 on default because I've been having a blast with slider editing. There are so many good things from the demo right now, and sliders are responsive to each value.
Oh don't get me wrong, this is easily the best FIFA demo to date. Balanced, more intelligent teammates, very good pace, etc...

The difference is you and Orion see something off and immediately work with the sliders to remedy it. Most folks won't in a demo or just in general, especially if they play online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 01:41 AM   #482
Pro

OVR: 0

Any word on matchmaking or is it the same as 15?

Constantly getting matched up with Mexicans is a total joysuck online. EA needs to do country only because of the internet infrastructure differences of different countries.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:29 AM   #483
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
Any word on matchmaking or is it the same as 15?

Constantly getting matched up with Mexicans is a total joysuck online. EA needs to do country only because of the internet infrastructure differences of different countries.
Maybe your username shouldn't be Dos_Santos?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #484
MVP

OVR: 6

This is absolutely the opposite of a football match:

In FIFA, if i press high up the pitch or if i press the ball carrier, to intercept the ball, it will have the effect of the CPU never missing a pass (exagerating of course), and if i donīt press the CPU and stay 5 yards away from them and give them space... they will loose the ball.

I canīt think of a more artificial way to decrease the CPU passing percentage... good teams (at least) do not play 5 yards away from the ball carrier or donīt press high up the pitch (except some italian teams).
Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #485
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
This is absolutely the opposite of a football match:

In FIFA, if i press high up the pitch or if i press the ball carrier, to intercept the ball, it will have the effect of the CPU never missing a pass (exagerating of course), and if i donīt press the CPU and stay 5 yards away from them and give them space... they will loose the ball.

I canīt think of a more artificial way to decrease the CPU passing percentage... good teams (at least) do not play 5 yards away from the ball carrier or donīt press high up the pitch (except some italian teams).
Have you seen Leicester City?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #486
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

For me it works to press the ball and apply preasure or sit back. They make errors either way. What does not work is preasure on the ball that pulls your defense out of position. So, for me anyhow as long as I do not ball chase and hold my defensive positions, I can apply preasure on the ball. Plus, if going to do this need to use the appropriate tactic settings.

Though I humbly disagree with anyone stating actual football teams do not defend by being five or so yards off the ball. I get that in and around the box they mark up and get tight (I do this in FIFA also) but in the midfield they give space and cut off lanes. Just my opnion but if you keep your defensive shape and play like a real football team you can get the accurate results. Of course the games vary and sometimes pass percentage is off in the demo. My opinion is 4 min halves have a partial impact.

To me the difference is in FIFA 15 I attacked on defense and just forced turnovers. Now, you have to use your teammates (who thankfully play way better than before). My impression is defensively it is better and more realistic. But it seems some are getting a different experience. Hard to say the cause of this.

I want to be clear. I preasure the ball when appropriate. If you just stayed five yards off the whole time they would bring the ball down the pitch and score. But they will do that if you over pursue also and lose your defensive shape. To me this seems pretty realistic but again it seems others are seeing something else.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #487
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Is FIFA16 fullg ame available this Thursday with EA access?
Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #488
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Is FIFA16 fullg ame available this Thursday with EA access?
I heard it was Thu but not sure what time. I'll tweet EA access and see if they can clarify

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »