Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #89
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I'm just in a tough spot with all my starters somewhat fatigued with only two days rest. And I'm already playing Hector at center mid since I have two other left-sided players, Rausch and Mladenovic. My available reserves (Jojic and Mavraj are injured) consist of:
  • 4 70ish STs
  • 2 60ish CAMs
  • 59 RB
  • 76 CB
  • 3 GKs

I reckon a 3-4-3 would allow me to start as many fresh players as possible and give me a chance to sub the wide players who will be gassed in the second half. Such is life with a threadbare squad...
Is the schedule compact because of the cup? whats the rest of your schedule look like?
Old 11-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #90
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I broke down and bought one. Sucks that I felt like I had to do that to halfway enjoy a game that I play alone. It only helps with the matches you're playing in, tho. The rest of the league is pretty screwed up. It's so much worse than last year. I wish they would give us more control like NBA 2K, MLB: The Show, and Madden do in THEIR "franchise modes." We should have full player editing while in Manager Mode and the ability to control all of the teams in one league, by now. All of the other sports games have it.
Probably one of my biggest pet peeves for a while now.

Drives me nuts to do say a La Liga cm and in February my 80 rated striker is leading the league with like 12 goals while Messi and Ronaldo haven't broken double digits yet. Or how Santi Cazorla is one of the top goalscorers in nearly every Prem cm that I do while one of Kane/Aguero/Costa won't even crack the top 10.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #91
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado

Drives me nuts to do say a La Liga cm and in February my 80 rated striker is leading the league with like 12 goals while Messi and Ronaldo haven't broken double digits yet. Or how Santi Cazorla is one of the top goalscorers in nearly every Prem cm that I do while one of Kane/Aguero/Costa won't even crack the top 10.
Heck, Aguero wasn't even STARTING matches. Iheanacho was. Aguero was 3rd string behind even Ambrose! And for Everton, Enner Valencia was starting over Lukaku. Just those 2 examples are enough to make you wanna quit. 2 goal scoring machines sitting on the bench because of EA's lame match rankings. And we all know how they handle starting goalkeepers. It's a disaster.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #92
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

For me it's so hit or miss. In my CM Chelsea bought Aubemayang BUT kept Diego and Michy. I played them yesterday and Aub get's hurt 10 mins into it and Michy subs on instead of Diego. He promptly scored though so I guess it was justified lol. United also bought Griezman.

My biggest problem is that the CPU doesn't get rid of its excess players NOR does it adjust their formation to take advantage of their players. It's like every PL manager is Mourinho and just sticks to the default formation.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #93
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Heck, Aguero wasn't even STARTING matches. Iheanacho was. Aguero was 3rd string behind even Ambrose! And for Everton, Enner Valencia was starting over Lukaku. Just those 2 examples are enough to make you wanna quit. 2 goal scoring machines sitting on the bench because of EA's lame match rankings. And we all know how they handle starting goalkeepers. It's a disaster.
Have you tried connecting a 2nd controller to the opposition, making the changes required, then moving the controller back?...I know not everyone has a 2nd controller and shouldn't need too but just a potential work around!...

The bug where the tables change everytime you load the game is still there also!...really disappointing that there is no attempt to fix these problems after years of existence!...says something about the developers!.

Anyone think they will update some players faces soon?...last year they updated Bournemouth and Leicester City...might possibly update Middlesbrough and Burnley this year?

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 11-05-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #94
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Team: Arsenal
League: BPL (6th)
Objective: Win the league title & Semi finals of the UCL
Season Record: 11W-4D-4L 31F 15A +16GD
All Time Record: 44W-19D-16L F119 A64 +55GD
Trophies Won: FA Cup
Settings: 10 Min Half, World Class, Matt's OS community Sliders, Normal Speed, Manual controls, custom tactics for all opposing teams

Best 11

LW Sanchez ----- ST Giroud ----- RW Bale
------------ M Pjanic ----- CM Ozil -------------
-------------- CDM Coquelin -------------
LB Kurzawa - CB Umtiti - CB Varane - RB Bellerin

recent matches
Stoke 1 - 2 Arsenal
Kaizer Chiefs 1 - 4 Aresenal (UCL Group)
Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle
Watford 2 - 2 Arsenal (start of a bad league trend)
Arsenal 2 - 0 Marseille (UCL Group)
Arsenal 0 - 1 Sunderland
Nottingham 0 - 0 Arsenal
Barcelona 2 - 1 Arsenal (UCL Group)

We gained 2 points of the available 9 points from matches against Sunderland, Watford & Nottingham. Just not good enough at all and the reason why we are 6th in the league.

Our record in the BPL after 9 matches is 4w-4d-1L
we've dropped a lot of points and are 4 points back of 1st.
The match against Barcelona showed we can played with anyone.
Neither Giroud or Griezmann is firing. Bale averaging almost a goal per match.

Remaining Ocotober Schedule
Southampton
@ Man United

We need to win both matches to keep pace.

International Management
I resigned from the Belgium job after blowing a 2-0 halftime lead in the Quarterfinals of the Euros vs Switzerland.

I had 5 offers. I was deciding between Ivory Coast, Egypt & Peru. I chose Peru.
I will get to take part in the best World Cup Qualifying group in the world & a South American cup.

We start the final 10 matches of 2018 World Cup Qualifying in about 3 weeks with home matches vs Ecuador (Must win) and Argentina. We are currently 8 points back of Ecuador who sits in the 5th and final qualification spot.

Barcelona vs Arsenal Highlight
Watch live video from on www.twitch.tv
Very entertaining match. The Barcelona pressure got to us at times, we will adjust.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 11-06-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #95
Rookie

I decided to start my career mode manager career at Toronto FC of the MLS. My goal is to develop a club with a ton of youth academy players all from Canada to help the Canadian National Team develop into a World Cup competitor in time for the 2022 World Cup. The board objectives are fairly easy to accomplish as they are all reasonable for a club of Toronto FC’s size. With star players such as Sebastian Giovinco, Michael Bradley, and Jozy Altidore domestic success shouldn’t be too big of an issue. I have decided that I will attempt to keep with MLS rules and try to play with three “designated players” who don’t count towards the salary cap (basically the 3 players who are better than everyone else on the team). I decided to turn off the summer transfer window meaning I can’t transfer any players for the first season, or sign players with 6 months or less on their contracts realistically until the summer transfer window in my second season. I usually play with a 3-4-3 style of formation to start games, and switch to a 4-4-2 if I am leading after 70 minutes or so. Lately I have also experimented with using formations with 5 at the back to see if my RM/RB/LM/LB’s get back to help on defense better. I plan on making TFC the best club in MLS and a dynasty, then I will leave for a European job in 3-4 seasons. I currently play on professional, but when I leave for a new club I plan on bumping the level up to world class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #96
Rookie

2016 MLS Season – Toronto FC

Season Objectives:
Youth Development: Sign a Youth Academy player to the midfield - Complete
Brand Exposure: Within 3 seasons increase season ticket holders with at least 10% of stadium’s capacity – 0% complete
Financial: Within 3 seasons increase the club worth by 50% - 30% complete
Domestic Success: Reach the MLS Playoff Final - Complete
Continental Success: N/A

Transfers In:
CB Straith (65 OVR) (Free Agent): $0

Transfers Out:
N/A

Pre-season Tournament:
Champions NA All-stars Trophy
Toronto FC 1-0 Chiapas

Final MLS Regular Season Standings:
Eastern Conference l Western Conference
1. Toronto FC l Real Salt Lake
2. DC United l Portland
3. Montreal Impact l Colorado Rapids
4. Philadelphia Union l Vancouver Whitecaps
5. NYCFC l FC Dallas
6. NY Red Bulls l LA Galaxy
7. Chicago Fire l Seattle Sounders
8. Columbus Crew l Sporting KC
9. New England l SJ Earthquakes
10. Orlando City l Houston Dynamo

MLS Playoff Final
Toronto FC 4-3 (ET) Vancouver Whitecaps

MLS Top Scorers
1. Giovinco (Toronto FC) 22 goals
2. Zusi (Sporting KC) 15 goals
3. Kamara (New England) 14 goals
3. Neagle (DC United) 14 goals
5. (Three way tie) 13 goals

Player of the Season: Giovinco (Toronto FC)
Goalkeeper of the Season: Saunders (NYCFC)

Toronto FC Lineup (3-4-3)
Starters:
GK: Irwin (70 OVR) +1, CB: Moor (69 OVR) -2, CB: Williams (70 OVR) +2, CB: Zavaleta (68 OVR) +1, CDM: Bradley (C/DSP) (80 OVR) , CDM: Johnson (71 OVR), LM: Osorio (70 OVR) +2, RM: Delgado (67 OVR) +1, ST: Giovinco (DSP) (83 OVR), ST: Altidore (DSP) (76 OVR) +1, ST: Ricketts (65 OVR)
Substitutions:
GK: Roberts (68 OVR) +10, CB: Hagglund (66 OVR) +1, RB: Beitshour (69 OVR), LB: Morrow (70 OVR), CDM: Cheyrou (70 OVR) -2, CAM: Endoh (67 OVR) +2, ST: Hamilton (72 OVR) +8
Reserves:
GK: Bono (66 OVR) +2, GK: Wolfe (62 OVR) +1 YA, LB: Morgan (67 OVR) +1, CB: Straith (66 OVR) +1, RB: Bloom (65 OVR), CB: Simonin (62 OVR) +1, LB: Manella (57 OVR) +2, LM: Lovitz (66 OVR) +1, CM: Chapman (65 OVR) +2, CAM: Evans (65 OVR) +7 YA, CAM: Cooper (64 OVR) , LM: Wolfe (62 OVR) YA, ST: Babouli (65 OVR) +2

Last edited by Martini_Boy18; 11-06-2016 at 12:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »