Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #137
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintslfc13
First things first, welcome back Krebstar. I really appreciated your work back when CTT's were a thing, they made 13 really enjoyable and 14 an amazing game. They worked so well that despite losing them all in 14 after the winter update I knuckled down and re-did every single one again simply because the game just wasn't as fun without them. Cheers friend!

I do have a question though, as someone who doesn't change his own tactics other than, at times formations and instructions, whilst in a CM do you recommended the user using these as well? For example if I'm using Liverpool should I use their Custom Tactic rather than the default one? I always have before but I guess what I'm wondering is if it's actually not recommended for whatever reason.

Other than that, thanks for the great work. I'm probably going to input at least some of these tonight into a new tactic, but still go ahead and edit the default whilst playing my current CM (just gives me a tactic to reference already in the game and ensures I don't lose them, hopefully anyway).
It would make it more realistic if you play like the tactics would if you were playing against the team, but if you don't, I don't think it matters. I still use them.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #138
Just started!

Is there any real interest in a simulation league. I am thinking something like 20 teams, with a fantasy draft and an entire financial system. I would also capture games so that people could watch them. If there is some serious interest I would consider doing this.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:54 AM   #139
Pro

Whenever i pick a team, in whichever format i'm playing, i habitually take a quick look at the first two stats which come up on the screen; 'aggression' and 'interception'.

Depending on the mood and tactic of the day, the minimum limit might vary, though generally i tend to set interception-making to aggressive as soon as a player's stat of aggression exceeds the 75 mark.

Makes sense, don't it?

I find that instructing players to put some well-needed aggression into their interceptions works really well, and as a welcome side-effect it often drains their stamina quicklier, which might be favourable to those who have always been wanting to see the stamina bar depleted more realistically.

Sometimes this may lead to a striker being instructed to put aggressive pressure on the defense, which has been proven to work quite well.
Additionally, if you drag your striker around too persistently, with ill concern, you'll have his stamina bar massively depleted.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:07 AM   #140
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Whenever i pick a team, in whichever format i'm playing, i habitually take a quick look at the first two stats which come up on the screen; 'aggression' and 'interception'.

Depending on the mood and tactic of the day, the minimum limit might vary, though generally i tend to set interception-making to aggressive as soon as a player's stat of aggression exceeds the 75 mark.

Makes sense, don't it?

I find that instructing players to put some well-needed aggression into their interceptions works really well, and as a welcome side-effect it often drains their stamina quicklier, which might be favourable to those who have always been wanting to see the stamina bar depleted more realistically.

Sometimes this may lead to a striker being instructed to put aggressive pressure on the defense, which has been proven to work quite well.
Additionally, if you drag your striker around too persistently, with ill concern, you'll have his stamina bar massively depleted.
I agree.

I changed the interceptions-aggression instruction for all LD, RD, DMC, MC, LM and RM to aggressive (excluded DC, OMs, LW, RW, CF and ST) and noticed a massive drop in stamina (and I use 46 acceleration!). I think those positions are naturally more aggressive when defending so it feels more realistic to me.

Cheers!
Old 11-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #141
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintslfc13
First things first, welcome back Krebstar. I really appreciated your work back when CTT's were a thing, they made 13 really enjoyable and 14 an amazing game. They worked so well that despite losing them all in 14 after the winter update I knuckled down and re-did every single one again simply because the game just wasn't as fun without them. Cheers friend!

I do have a question though, as someone who doesn't change his own tactics other than, at times formations and instructions, whilst in a CM do you recommended the user using these as well? For example if I'm using Liverpool should I use their Custom Tactic rather than the default one? I always have before but I guess what I'm wondering is if it's actually not recommended for whatever reason.

Other than that, thanks for the great work. I'm probably going to input at least some of these tonight into a new tactic, but still go ahead and edit the default whilst playing my current CM (just gives me a tactic to reference already in the game and ensures I don't lose them, hopefully anyway).

I recommend setting up your team how you want to play. If that means having them play similar to reality, the Projec10 tactics are a good starting point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #142
Rookie

Congratulations on completing all of the PL - Teams. Can't wait to test playing against them in my CM!
Old 11-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #143
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

so I just played against Liverpool and they had 8 fouls and 5 yellow cards.

I don't think I had seen 8 fouls or 5 yellow cards in my previous 9 games combined and that's probably in large part because the 90 aggression.

Is there any negative side affect to bumping up the aggression on every other team?
Old 11-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #144
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
so I just played against Liverpool and they had 8 fouls and 5 yellow cards.

I don't think I had seen 8 fouls or 5 yellow cards in my previous 9 games combined and that's probably in large part because the 90 aggression.

Is there any negative side affect to bumping up the aggression on every other team?
Mentioned it on one of the last few pages—aggresion doesn't just make teams tackle harder, or with more aggression. It seems tied to pressing frequency and less of telling teams to "get stuck in" or something similar.

If you set high aggression for all teams, you lose the ability to have some teams sit deep and defend, which many do, which forces you to play differently against them.

I'm still not against slightly raising aggression, but it has never equated to more fouls in FIFA. Sliders, and also how you as a human play also hugely affect fouls. You can draw fouls by playing a certain way, by turning away from players, by trying to run past instead of passing, etc.

Just raising aggression to raise fouls, to me, will not work. It will instead just create a more frantic pressing game across the board which all teams do not utilize—and will take away from when teams like Liverpool do utilize it by making it less special.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »