Home

FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

We have just uploaded Part 2 of our exclusive interview with FIFA 09 Xbox 360 and PS3 Producer, Dave Rutter.

Also be sure to check out our FIFA 09 screenshots section as we've added two new high-res in-game shots.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

Nice! Reading now....
Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Great interview! It's also sounds like the fatigue system will be working well this year.

Unfortunately no handballs. I guess a good follow up would be why are they in the PC game then?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

- No handballs and probably won't be for a number of years. This is extremely disappointing and like therizing mentioned they are in the PC version. (Perhaps this is something that could be asked at the Community day.)

- I don't know if he understood the dummy pass button question. It doesn't sound like it's in there though. (Maybe this is something that could be brought up at the community day too.)

- The finesse shot is not new, but it seems as if it is being presented as a new feature.

- We are still locked into the original PK direction selected, which means PKs will probably remain the same as 08. Not good. Right now the keepers have a great advantage during PKs because once the kick taker selects an area of the goal to shoot at he cannot change the shot direction. In other words, if the kicker chooses to place the ball in the top right corner and presses the shoot button, he is locked into shooting there, even if the keeper is all the way to the right. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you guys know what I'm talking about.

- Cup games at correct venues is a plus.

- No Africa Cup of Nations in the game means players won't be missing during the appropriate times in manager mode.

- There are reserve players again, but no youth or reserve league.

- Loaned out players get better with appropriate teams. Still no word on whether or not we can check how well they're doing.

- Still no dynamic lighting. Not sure why. Most other EA sports games have it.

- As usual we can't see coaches in FIFA games, only WC and Euro games.

- No practice/free training. I still don't understand why this is so hard to implement.

- It sounds like there might be some sort of create-a-team feature, but we have to wait until Leipzig. Fingers crossed.

- Still no replays to the hard drive. Again, I don't get it.

- I really hope the fatigue system has been improved. This might not seem like much, but if it has been "changed significantly" then this is great news.

- The free kick system sounds much better, still not perfect but it sounds like it's getting there.

Last edited by EXboxur; 07-23-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Agree on the fatigue system. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

So can we cautiously assume from this interview that the fatigue system will work properly and that cpu teams will actually alter their lineups in manager mode? I can't wait for this game.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Does anyone else find it disappointing the producer of FIFA doesn't understand what a dummy pass is? I can't remember what it was, but there was another soccer specific thing he didn't understand earlier too. This is like the producer of Madden not knowing what a Cover 2 defense is.

How hard is it to put a proper practice mode in, even if it's just free kicks and corners?

Nothing really new, and gotta love when old features get touted as new ones, even when they were in the game last year.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

My follow up questions from this interview...

If handballs are so hard to program why are they in the PC version?

Can you talk more about the Fatigue system. Specifically will CPU managers adjust lineups accordingly? During the game AND before.

Can we check on the progress of our loaned out players during the season?

Will players get called for International matches during MM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »