Home

FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
Excuse my naivete, but what is a “dummy pass?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
When a player acts as if he is going to receive a pass, but instead lets it run through.
Exboxur is right in regards to what the question was asking, but I can see where Rutter may have misunderstood. The term 'dummy pass' could be misconstrued (as Rutter did) to mean a 'fake pass' as I believe the word is used in that manner at times in the British vernacular. Although I think that would be usually be called a 'feint-pass' so I could be wrong, of course...

The funny part is that the animation for faking the reception of a pass & allowing it to roll through into space (clumsy I know, but in the interest of clarity) IS in 08, but I have no idea how to trigger it (happens infrequently, but I've definitely seen it). Since a lot of us played the WE series, we remember being able to do this with that control scheme by holding one of the shoulder buttons as the pass approached and would like to have the option to do so manually in FIFA. It could prove very useful to combat the ever popular tactic of charging defenders at the pass receiver, although improved player responsiveness & first-touch control could help immensely in those situations as well...

Last edited by Qb; 07-24-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo

Nothing really new, and gotta love when old features get touted as new ones, even when they were in the game last year.
That is a staple of EA's next-gen games.

"New for 2009, but don't tell anyone this was in 2006"
Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #19
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's good to hear about fatigue, but the handball thing is kinda a bummer. Like Therizing said, it's on the PC version. And the collision detection is phenominal on this game, how hard could it really be? The create-a-team stuff is probably gonna be like NHL. But that would be really cool if you could create yourself.

All in all a good article. But it still worries me that Man Mode hasn't really been mentioned as having any major work. It was functional, but buggie. And the PC version was much better. Still counting the days. The footage on the MLS capture video looks really good. Come on Lepzig! First gameplay footage then........
Hey Brian, just noticed it's your birthday...Happy B-day bro!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »