Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Played a bunch of games last night. Some impressions:

Default speed to hectic. Slow speed much better.

Defensive A.I. for cpu and your teammates seems a lot better. Not as easy to beat defenders off the dribble which is a good thing.

You still have to do most of the work on defense, but if you have a high rated defensive teammate they will step up and cut out passes for you.

Tough to score goals in such a short time.

As always controls are top notch. You always feel in control of your player

CPU players are more creative and used some nice skill moves to beat defenders.

Really I only have one gripe and it's the same one I always have with the FIFA series. I can't stand the way the CPU attacks. This has been the only area where I prefer PES over FIFA and I did not see any indication in the demo that much has changed.

The FIFA engine basically always has the computer running/passing straight at you until the user stops it. The only times the CPU will pass the ball backwards is if you deny the passing lanes or cut off the dribbler off. While in theory this sounds like a good strategy its not realistic.

In real life teams will pass the ball around and keep possession without always moving forward. When you play FIFA, the CPU comes straight at you until you stop them. They get the ball back, rinse and repeat.

Its fun, the graphics are great, the controls may be the best in sports gaming but once the CPU has the ball it feels like a video game and not soccer.

If that one nitpick doesn't bother you, you will love this game as everything else is extremely well done.
Wot level of difficulty do you play on? I play on Legendary and never had that problem barca play like barca and Arsenal play like Arsenal never had that problem on fifa 10 let alone 11
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #34
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #35
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I posted this on another site:

After playing both demos I have to say I prefer PES this year and I haven't said that in a few years

I am going to mention a few things that have already been mentioned but here goes.

1.I do feel a difference in passing with better players but maybe not as much personality + though.

2. the game speed on slow seems about to be the same as the default in the PES demo and times still seems a bit fast.

3. There isn't as much spacing in midfield compared to PES which someone else mentioned.

4. I still like the crossing better in PES and dare I say I actually like the new passing in pes compared to fifa as well.

5. All manual seems better this year.

6. It still way too easy to press X and run through a player and take the ball.

It is improved on Fifa 10 and the WC game but not as much I would have liked. If you liked the past games you will like this. 3 minute halves are not long enough to get a true sense. I am going to give it more time like I did the PES demo but right now I prefer PES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.
both sports are...very fun to play..... I actually learned the rules of hockey from playing one of these NHL games back in the day( I always used boston, cause Cam Neely(sp?) was unstoppable) but what use to get me was how deep the franchise option use to be I never really picked up a FIFA game simply because I would not have anytime to play those games, I would be playing some other sports game back in the day( madden) not anymore!!!!! FIFA you can have my $ for and time until 2k11 comes
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #37
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
get on board. It's never too late.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the fact that the ball doesn't feel "stuck" to the players feet when they dribble or receive a pass (less control = more realism). Also, through-balls are more difficult because of the less accurate passing.

Noticed a quite a bit more tackle animations (slide and standing) which is nice.

Playing goalkeeper is fun from what I've seen in the arena. How it translates to a full game remains to be scene, it could tend to get boring at times, but that's what it's like to play goalkeeper in real life, right?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #39
Rookie

thurstones's Arena

OVR: 3
does anyone else think slide tackling is a little overpowered vs CPU or is it just me?

Try overusing slides against the computer and see what you think...
Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #40
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
One nice feature I picked up on was the fact that players will switch sides automatically during games. I was playing as Real and Ronaldo and Di maria would swap flanks throughout the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »