Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
nothing abt improving the beyond aweful presentation? seems like itll be another poor edition of fifa
How exactly is FIFA poor?

Who honestly gives a **** about the presentation, as long as the gameplay is fun and realistic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
How exactly is FIFA poor?

Who honestly gives a **** about the presentation, as long as the gameplay is fun and realistic.
The presentation could take the game to a whole new level.

You never get the feeling of adrenaline from a crowd reaction, and at times the commentary totally ignores the goal you just scored.

There is no reason for FIFA to short fans on presentation, especially when past FIFA games did this well.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOwusu
The presentation could take the game to a whole new level.

You never get the feeling of adrenaline from a crowd reaction, and at times the commentary totally ignores the goal you just scored.

There is no reason for FIFA to short fans on presentation, especially when past FIFA games did this well.
I personally do not care in the slightest about the presentation, providing the gameplay is good. Who honestly gets adrenaline from the crowd in a video game?

Old 06-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #28
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
I personally do not care in the slightest about the presentation, providing the gameplay is good. Who honestly gets adrenaline from the crowd in a video game?
i care a lot abt presentation and im not alone, but i guess there is no right or wrong there somebody cares somebody doesnt. for me just the plain gameplay alone wont keep me playing for long. i like games which reproduce the atmosphere of the real sport. every fifa i ended up just playing teams having thier real stadium and trading for players with real cyberfaces. just that there are way too few.
actually there is no difference if you play a pre season friendly against a 3rd devision team and a cup final...that tells a lot.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
i care a lot abt presentation and im not alone, but i guess there is no right or wrong there somebody cares somebody doesnt. for me just the plain gameplay alone wont keep me playing for long. i like games which reproduce the atmosphere of the real sport. every fifa i ended up just playing teams having thier real stadium and trading for players with real cyberfaces. just that there are way too few.
actually there is no difference if you play a pre season friendly against a 3rd devision team and a cup final...that tells a lot.
Hourses for courses I suppose, I like the game to be authentic in terms of real kits and as long as the players look somewhat real but for me gameplay is most important. I don't really notice other stuff when I'm playing and I find it strange that it would actually out someone off playing because they don't have real cyberfaces or the real stadium.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Hourses for courses I suppose, I like the game to be authentic in terms of real kits and as long as the players look somewhat real but for me gameplay is most important. I don't really notice other stuff when I'm playing and I find it strange that it would actually out someone off playing because they don't have real cyberfaces or the real stadium.
It just adds another level to the game. Making that sick free kick for 34 yards out is amazing. But if I can't hear the crowd or commentators feel the difference between doing this in an MLS friendly and making the same shot in the 119th minute of a cup final, the experience falls short of its potential.

Just that extra hint of immersion could go such a long way.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
Rookie

Honestly, my main gripe is that the text seems to small scale in Manager mode. I have about a 25-inch TV, so the text is small in comparison to my screen size, which isn't that big anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOwusu
It just adds another level to the game. Making that sick free kick for 34 yards out is amazing. But if I can't hear the crowd or commentators feel the difference between doing this in an MLS friendly and making the same shot in the 119th minute of a cup final, the experience falls short of its potential.

Just that extra hint of immersion could go such a long way.
This.

Presentation draws you in and builds on the experience for me.

I think there needs to be a more robust form rating. As it is right now there are drops in confidence, team chemistry, or much change from one match to another outside of chemistry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »