Home

FIFA 13 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 13 Demo Available Now For PC & 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressi

Quote:
Originally Posted by facade63
Anyone else think the keepers are better in this compared to recent years.

seem to react alot fast
Definitely, it seems they are much more capable of stringing together saves now rather than if they give up a rebound then they will definitely concede.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #90
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 13 Demo Available Now For PC & 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It sure as hell isn't perfect, but this game is a million times more fun to play than FIFA 12. I can actually play on World Class with default sliders and not feel like I'm being completely overpowered by a mistake-free CPU. The First Touch helps a ton. The CPU actually makes bad passes and bad touches. You can actually play something other than zonal defense.

Yes, there's no strategy or buildup, but at least the game feels more open than last year. Possession isn't as locked down every time someone touches the ball.

edit: I played it on slow, and it felt just perfect.
I think your post nails the tone of FIFA 13. After playing a little more I can say this, the game is much more varied than last previous versions. I am actually seeing back passes in FIFA I can't believe my eyes! Still there is a lack of mid-field battle, the pace is a little fast even on Slow and the tactics for teams are not really there hence making teams feel similar. I am not completely sold on the game yet because things tend to look pretty good with FIFA at first but besides that I can see some positives with this installment.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #91
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
Game feels very similar to 12. I haven't noticed a huge difference aside from first touch control and the ball physics.
At least for me, a casual player who already has FIFA 12, I saw some better play from the AI on the demo but overall the game, FOR ME, wasn't that much of an improvement to make me run out and buy it. I'm guessing I can probably hold out on this for now, especially with NBA 2k 13 on the way in a few weeks. The more advanced gamers seem to notice a lot more of the improvements / differences in the demo. FIFA should only keep getting better each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #92
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I think your post nails the tone of FIFA 13. After playing a little more I can say this, the game is much more varied than last previous versions. I am actually seeing back passes in FIFA I can't believe my eyes! Still there is a lack of mid-field battle, the pace is a little fast even on Slow and the tactics for teams are not really there hence making teams feel similar. I am not completely sold on the game yet because things tend to look pretty good with FIFA at first but besides that I can see some positives with this installment.
Yes...even on Slow it is a little quick. Lowering the sliders helps a bit but there are still some times where the CPU seems to get that little bit of extra speed. I adjusted the sliders agin to give the Human AI a small advantage over the CPU (nothing major...just a small raise) and it seemed to even things out more.

If the retail build has tuned a bit more on the Slow setting then I think things will be pretty ok. I am going to mess around with the pass and shot settings to see if that makes things slow down too. I have seen a person or two here make this suggestion and I will try that tomorrow when I have the time.

I did have one time where the First Touch improvments helped me not give up a goal. The CPU had a wide open player in front of the net and when his teammate passed to him he couldn't control it and it bounced away to my defender so I could clear it out.

Last edited by Panicshade; 09-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #93

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
It's baby steps with FIFA. I'm not sure I'll buy it either. The improvement is there, but not enough for 60 bucks. First Touch is great, and it's such a small thing. I could think of 5-10 other extremely small changes that would make the game a whole lot better. I'm sure we could all put together a list. Things like changing how the teams set up on goal kicks. They set up like it's a simple free kick, so the risk/reward for taking a long goal kick to midfield vs just short-passing it to a nearby teammate just isn't realistic. EA just doesn't seem to grasp the randomness and chaos inherent in football. It's a shame, because even in its current form FIFA has some fun moments.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #94
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Played the PC version. Using the time extender mod is a must. Played on world class. Slow speed with the sprint dropped down to 40 for both teams and acceleration at 42 for both. Pass speed down to 40 also. Gives a nice pace to the overall game

Positives:

-the difficulty seems to have been boosted a bit

-first touch is a nice addition and you can really notice it.

-attacking AI has been improved

-liking some of the new animations, especially some new headers which I hadn't seen before

-alot like fifa 12, which isn't too bad

Negatives:

-attacking AI, though improved, it is not quite there yet. I have noticed many times when my teammates would just stand around and frustrate me because there clearly was an open space in which to make a run into.

-cpu still can't get many shots offs.

-cpu passing is still way too accurate, even with the pass error slider almost maxed

Gonna try on Legendary in my next go to see how different that plays.
On FIFA 12, I play on legendary and was beating the Man U's of the world with lowly League 2 teams. Overall, I like it and will buy it

Last edited by rckabillyRaider; 09-11-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #95
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Just played a couple of games on PS3. I must say I'm ecstatic to see fouls called right off the bat. FIFA 11 & 12 have been absolutely no fun for me since you can get absolutely murdered and not even get a free kick. Within 90 seconds playing as Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain made a run down the left and I was taken out by Zabaleta. He was given a yellow card and I had to make a sub due to injury. A nice touch was that the commentary went down to Jeff Shreeves pitch side to update on Chamberlain's injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #96
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Too fast! I'm hoping they'll tone it down for release.
Off the ball is much better though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »