Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

I started one with spurs. I made some moves nothing huge, I managed to get theo wallcott for 6.5 and huddlestone(fleeced!)

I switched to a 4-3-2-1

so my team goes:

lloris, walker, caulker(he's up to a 77 halfway through the season from a 74), verts, assou-ekotto, with sandro, dembele, dempsey, wallcott, bale, and defoe.

I took a sizeable chunk of my spending money and spent it on two great scouts and a third decent one.

so far I found an eye-talian goalie who's potential is a90-94 the rest of my youth squad not so much we'll see how they turn out.

I"m two points back of man u for the league title. and I have a massive amount of young talent on my team now.

oh and so far I've rejected every international offer I've received. Though poland is interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7
How is your FIFA 13 Career Mode going?

Real Madrid..

Xbox: JThind

Last edited by ThePhillyPhanatic; 09-27-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Currently managing Montreal Impact in the MLS.

Just hired 2 scouts and waiting to hear back from them.

Was just wondering what are the best countries to scout for players ???

Also if I decide to "sell" a player, is he gone right away or do I have to wait for a certain date before he is "sold". Does this work the same way when trying to bring in a youth player from another country ?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just got into my CM last night and I have to say that it is better than last years so far. I started with Man U and right off the bat Chelsea offered $50 Million for Wayne Rooney. I countered with $60 Million thinking they wouldn't take it and bam they accepted. I was not expecting that. Arsenal also tried to buy Nani but wouldn't meet my valuation. I think that the whole thing just has more layers and depth to it and I hope that it keeps that excitement as you progress. I did notice some transfers that needed an update such as Lucas to PSG and the Russian moves of Witsel and Hulk. Overall, I think it's going to be a time consuming and fun year for FIFA.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

making my first appearance in Fifa in several years. Took a job managing Lech Poznan. 1-1-2 currently as I get things figured out.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Rookie

My FIFA 13 career mode is going very well at the moment, playing on world class as Alshoulla of the Saudi Professional League, 6th in the league at the moment and in the 2nd round of the Crown Prince Cup after a 4-0 win against Hajer.

Had a budget of 1,200,000 GBP at the start and bought Glaydson and Jean Rolt from Nautico as well as Joshua Rose from Central Coast.

Also have a 2 star scout and 1 youth player from Egypt.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Cardiff City - year one. Trying to get promoted. Bought a couple high potential youngsters at the end of their contracts on the cheap: A German centre back called Ginter and an Ivorian right back called Aurier.

My goal is to get promoted, then try to cobble together Youth Academy recruits and other high potential footballers from around the world as I stave off relegation. Ideally, the improvement to FIFA 13's progression and development means that I will have a squad capable of chasing Europe within 5-6 seasons.

The beauty of these high potential / Youth Academy squads is you can always sell the ones that aren't in the mix for a good price.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Started one with my favorite team Chelsea. I won the community shield 1-0 on a Hazard PK. I then lost my 1st premier game in disappointing fashion. It's now the trade deadline and I'm serious thinking about adding Neymar to my team but i don't know if i will pull the trigger. If I do though my team would probably look like this:
Cech

Cole------Terry----Luiz----Ivanovic

Lampard

Moses------------------------Mata
Hazard

Neymar--------Torres

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »