Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think this is EA's best effort to date.
WAY!!!!

Okay, getting the results I'm looking for now. Check out those PSG CPU foul, card, shot accuracy % and pass accuracy % totals:

Also, looks like FIFA stole a page from Madden with the addition of suction tackling this year, yecch. This has happened to me several times now: I boot the ball ahead to escape the defender, and as I push the R stick forward to run after the ball, my player is suddenly sucked sideways into a tackle animation. Check out the thumbnail, I'm BVB player Mkhitaryan #10:

Last edited by Yeats; 09-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #82
MVP

Another major gameplay programming glitch... As you know EA added a bit of gameplay coding in FIFA 14 where the CPU will suddenly stop and turn back and forth and around in a circle a few times. Seems this was their attempt at coding in CPU possession football or something. Well I've noticed the CPU will do this at the completely wrong times, such as here on a clear breakaway. #92 El Shaarawy is the CPU ball carrier. Instead of continuing on towards the goal and shooting, he decides to make like a ballerina and perform a rather untimely pirouette, allowing my defender to catch up and poke the ball away:

Last edited by Yeats; 09-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #83
MVP

This demo is simply the most fun I've had with FIFA ever, no hyperbole. The reason is because none of the AI emotional engine coding (fancy name for "CPU cheat boosts") is programmed into the demo. Just straight up fair and balanced gameplay from opening kickoff to final whistle. It's actually pretty nuts how much this means to me, but then maybe not given how nuts that coding has driven me over my years of playing this series.

15 minutes halfs, edits to improve fouls and general gameplay, stadium and team add-ons... just in football heaven here ATM. Oh and I found a db tweak to eliminate that El Shaarawy glitch I posted above... stops CPU players from spinning around with the ball like Swan Lake FC, and just get on with moving it up the pitch like manly men. Just finished this game, I'm Liverpool against CPU Bayer Lev:

Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #84
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

You have to stop Yeats. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and I'm anxious for the full release on PC but I haven't played the demo since last week because I got tired of being teased. You're...not...helping, lol.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I haven't played the demo since last week because I got tired of being teased.
I tried stopping and going back to my FIFA 13 career but that game is now dead to me, don't want it darkening my doorway ever again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #86
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I tried stopping and going back to my FIFA 13 career but that game is now dead to me, don't want it darkening my doorway ever again.
After two games with the demo FIFA 13 found its way to Gamestop. BTW Yeats, breathe easy, that crazy final ten minute thing is not in the game from what I've seen.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
BTW Yeats, breathe easy, that crazy final ten minute thing is not in the game from what I've seen.
Wow wee wow if that's the case, thanks. Just so hard to believe EA would actually remove that emotional engine coding stuff from the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »