Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #25

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

This is going to rule.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
You are reading way too much into this....
I don't think so. The next-gen games didn't really set the world on fire with greatness. FIFA got the most praise of that bunch but Madden fell flat and NBA Live was a dumpster fire they are still trying to put out and fix. UFC is their last game of that initial bunch and if it doesn't perform well then they will need to seriously refocus on what they want to do for their next gen games. So far the only footage we have seen from UFC was a CGI trailer and screenshots and we all know how well that turned out for NBA Live.

Last edited by Panicshade; 02-06-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #27

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

What's the expected price of the game gonna be? And how will the release of this game impact the price of fifa14?

I'm gonna get a soccer game in a few months so I want to know if I should get this one, or hold off on getting fifa 14 until after this is released.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #28
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This is pretty sad. A game like World Cup on Next-Gen would have been sick. Hell, I'm sure it would have been a system-seller for quite a few people if it was enough of an upgrade.

I can see where they're coming from, though. The new consoles just released internationally for the most part. And I wouldn't doubt that their biggest market is still the Current-Gen audience, but that didn't stop them with FIFA, Madden, NBA Live, and UFC.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 02-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #29
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Bunch of moron executives at EA.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #30
Rookie

The00Raven00Effect's Arena

OVR: 7
EA can seriously suck my balls. I got rid of my 360 FIFA in favor of the next gen just to get ****ed out of something I really wanted. Thanks EA for helping the "majority" of the people.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

As a PC gamer, I cannot express the disappointment I feel at not being able to open my wallet and fork over the dough for EA's latest cash grab game that undoubtedly looks and plays exactly like FIFA 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #32
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

In the end this all comes down to sales, and most likely in the past they've found that the majority of their World Cup games were sold in the host country( I do not have numbers to back that up), and with NG all but nonexistent in Brazil.........
For me, I'm disappointed, and I absolutely will not buy it even though I do still have a 360. Going backwards is not something I'm at all interested in, because no matter how much they improve it, it still will not be on the level of FIFA 14 NG. I guess time will tell if it was a good decision for them, it sure wasn't for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »