Home

Qualify with 203 teams

This is a discussion on Qualify with 203 teams within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Qualify with 203 teams

Well I am going to take a stab at going through the offline qualification on WC2014 with as many of the teams as I can before I give up. Figured here would be a good a place as any to track my progress.

Haven't really played a FIFA game since WC2010 so I will probably start on Pro since I am not that good at the game based on how I did on the demo. Hopefully I get better and can increase the difficulty. If anyone else is doing this or wants to laugh at how bad I am at the game when I can't qualify with a great team on pro feel free to follow along and laugh at my misfortune.

Started with CONCACAF and will go to a different region after each attempt.

CONCACAF
Anguilla - won in round 1. Could not advance from round 2
Antigua and Barbuda - Qualified for World Cup. Got 1 point in group stage.
Aruba - won in round 1. Finished 2nd in round 2.

EUROPE
Albania - Finished second in group. Lost to Croatia in playoff.
Andorra - Finished second in group but did not finish high enough to make the two leg playoff.

CAF
Algeria - Lost to Mali and did not advance from round 2
Angola - Won the Group in round 2 lost to Cameroon in the round 3 playoff

AFC
Afghanistan - Lost to Palestine in penalties in round 1
Australia - Advanced to WC, won the group, lost to Belgium in quarters

CONMEBOL
Argentina - finished top in qualification won the World Cup
Bolivia - Finished 3rd with 26 points in qualification, won the WC group, lost in semis and finished 3rd

OFC
American Samoa - won a game but eliminated in the first round of qualification
Cook Islands - Qualified with win over Jamaica. Finished second in WC group and lost in round of 16

Last edited by theloungerr; 09-17-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Qualify with 203 teams

1 down 202 to go.

Anguilla got past Dominican Republic 2-1 on aggregate to advance out of round 1 but could not advance from round 2 only getting 7 points. Best result was probably a 0-0 draw vs El Salvador. Spain beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-1 in the WC final. Ezequiel Lavezzi leads with 5 goals.

Next up Albania

Last edited by theloungerr; 04-16-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Good luck man. Some of the teams are going to be dreadful. I always like a good challenge, but will be sticking to teams that interest me.

I'll probably work my way through China (currently living here), SE Asian countries (Thailand, Vietnam, etc.), maybe Canada, probably Wales or Scotland, etc.

Part of the reason I love this game is the combination of geography, flags, different cultures all coming together to play a beautiful game. This game does a great job in capturing all of this.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Good luck lads. I had fun qualifying to the World Cup with Romania and winning it (yeah, unrealistic) and now I'm doing Captain Your Country with Turks and Caicos Islands (the worst team).
Football: Progresul Bucuresti, Arsenal, Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund
Rugby: Leicester Tigers
Old 04-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

I like this idea a lot. I'll be a frequent visitor to this thread!

I'm currently going through my own with Team USA...barely made it out of Stage 2, but thoroughly enjoying it. About to start stage 3 this afternoon.

Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

It is my life's dream to take Vanuatu to the World Cup. If I had the time (which I certainly won't) I'd love to try all 203 especially now that the full qualification process is in unlike last time. I'll get to as many as I can, jumping from region to region. As always start with USA, then Ireland and then the Holy Grail, Vanuatu. Might give Venezuela a go from South America, probably Ivory Coast from Africa. Asia kind of vexes me, nobody there really piques my interest, maybe try a weird one like Kyrgyzstan or something. Then back to CONCACAF...oh Canada!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:01 AM   #7
Banned

2 Down 201 to go.

Albania won its last game of UEFA qualifying to get second place and advance to the playoff vs Croatia. Croatia proved to be too tough and won 3-1 on aggregate. France beat Spain to win the World Cup. Mathieu Valbuena leads all scorers with 5.

Next up Algeria
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #8
Banned

3 Down 200 to go.

Bit of a shock as Algeria goes 5-1 but Mali goes 5-1 as well and advances from CAF round 2. Germany wins over the Czech Republic and Klose leads the way with 6 goals.

Next up Afghanistan

Last edited by theloungerr; 04-18-2014 at 02:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »