Home

THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

This is a discussion on THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

Drew against AC Milan 2-2 in Champion's Group, now have to win or draw my final match against Olympiakos to guarantee moving on.

some stats:

Chelsea/AC Milan
shots: 17/14
target: 9/10
tackles 14/21
corners 6/6
shot acc%: 52%/71%
Pass acc% 81%/74%

Things continue to look good, cpu shooting percentage remains high, but many times they have few shots...and to increase CPU shot error anymore means they miss easy sitters, so it stays.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Scoring has become real difficult as of late...and other problems have started to show up...all strongly favoring the CPU...as such I'm gonna look at some tweaks, and also begin testing sliders on WC.

After chatting with Orion, who feels the CPU plays more human-like on WC, it seems like moving down to WC and tweaking sliders might eliminate the problems I'm seeing. I'm not losing games, but I'm not scoring goals that I should be, as in the CPU keepers are like gods on legendary...and lowering ability too much makes them suck, and there doesn't seem to be a just right coupled with the CPU defensive perferction...coupled together this presents a problem in actually putting the ball in the back of the net.

I thought I had the sliders dialed in, but then I played 6 more games (21 in total with new sliders), and became unsettled. Stats look good, play looks good...everywhere but in the final third.

I'll start testing WC tonight, and probably roll for the next ten games there. I'll post any changes to sliders on the first post, as certain things will need to be increased I think for WC.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Rookie

tylerr6's Arena

OVR: 0

Starting my first CM this year and will start with these. I'll look for future updates and post anything I find in here. Thanks man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerr6
Starting my first CM this year and will start with these. I'll look for future updates and post anything I find in here. Thanks man
You're welcome...if it's too hard try lowering CPU keepers to 47. I'll be testing CPU keepers at 47 on Legendary in my CM, while testing WC outside of my CM. Depending on how it goes I may also test Human Shot Error at 52, but will wait and see how the keeper ability works out as I've scored fantastic goals at 53 shot error. Other than that I really do feel great about all the sliders on Legendary, and the stats have accurately reflected real world BPL statistics, except for being slightly under average goals per game for both teams.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
mfp
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Scoring has become real difficult as of late...and other problems have started to show up...all strongly favoring the CPU...as such I'm gonna look at some tweaks, and also begin testing sliders on WC.

After chatting with Orion, who feels the CPU plays more human-like on WC, it seems like moving down to WC and tweaking sliders might eliminate the problems I'm seeing. I'm not losing games, but I'm not scoring goals that I should be, as in the CPU keepers are like gods on legendary...and lowering ability too much makes them suck, and there doesn't seem to be a just right coupled with the CPU defensive perferction...coupled together this presents a problem in actually putting the ball in the back of the net.

I thought I had the sliders dialed in, but then I played 6 more games (21 in total with new sliders), and became unsettled. Stats look good, play looks good...everywhere but in the final third.

I'll start testing WC tonight, and probably roll for the next ten games there. I'll post any changes to sliders on the first post, as certain things will need to be increased I think for WC.
If the problem is specific to CPU goalkeepers stopping too many shots, as in you're creating chances and getting off good shots but not scoring, then I'd seriously consider going way further down on the CPU keeper ability.

I know it doesn't sound right but on current gen I had friend recommend running with CPU keepers between 15-25. I tried it and ended up having keepers at 20 for my CMs on current gen 14. You'd think this would've made CPU keepers worthless but they only made them more human it worked like a charm. This was on Legendary.

I haven't tried it on next gen but if I were you I'd give it a serious try. You never know, it might do the trick.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
If the problem is specific to CPU goalkeepers stopping too many shots, as in you're creating chances and getting off good shots but not scoring, then I'd seriously consider going way further down on the CPU keeper ability.

I know it doesn't sound right but on current gen I had friend recommend running with CPU keepers between 15-25. I tried it and ended up having keepers at 20 for my CMs on current gen 14. You'd think this would've made CPU keepers worthless but they only made them more human it worked like a charm. This was on Legendary.

I haven't tried it on next gen but if I were you I'd give it a serious try. You never know, it might do the trick.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind...right now at 49 for human...my keepers will bobble and push the ball away, not catching it all the time. The CPU it seems never drops the ball at 48, holding onto it almost always.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #15
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Updated sliders on first page to reflect what I'm testing right now.

I tested my sliders with human shot error down to a 52 and GK ability for the CPU at 46, and thought it played well...I won 4-3 against Stoke away, and their points were due to two perfectly placed short lobs taken on the toe and then volleyed for goals...I'm sure we've all noticed how the CPU excels in this arena.

Anyways, a thought came to me from comments I've read from others...regarding Legendary...and that is maybe humans should pretty much play with sliders at default on Legendary, and only with adjusted sliders for the CPU. I say this because when I dropped human shot error I started seeing more curve to shots, and a greater variety of shot animations...With shot error higher, you may be limiting what your players can even try

Stats to highlight this type of game:

Stoke/Chelsea
Goals: 3/4
Shots: 12/14
Target: 8/10
Possess%: 44%/56%
Tackles: 18/16
Fouls: 0/3 (because the CPU never fouls!)
Offsides: 1/3
Corners: 3/4
Sh Acc%: 66%/71% (This will always be a little higher for humans on assisted/semi)
Pass Acc%: 78%/82%

Even at 55 shot error the CPU routinely is above 60% shot accuracy, and around 80% pass accuracy at 65 pass error.

Wish I could put into words but shooting felt better at 52 shot error vs. 53 and up...

Here is a highlight reel of all the goals:

The first goal by Schurrle (hat-trick) wasn't seeing at the higher shot error, ball wasn't curling enough. The third goal by Torres was a beauty as he chested and then volleyed. Thoughts on what some of the rest of you are seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Ferret,

After way to much frustration for me, with Orion's set (i have really tried to play in many matches), just to much defense (0-0, 1-0, 1-1 matches), no scoring hardly on either side. I tried yours last night in my Newcastle CM against Stoke and Sunderland. I must say it was a very nice experience. I felt I still had to work for chances, but actually could make some chances for a change. Beat Sunderland 3-0, 1 was a penalty, which on replay really was a foul from behind in the box. The other 2 were awesome headers. Love the air play in NG. Sissoka hit a cross into the box and Donovan found it and headed off the side of keeper into the goal. Cisse had a good run and got fouled just outside the box on the side, was getting good run and cpu player pulled him down from behind, another real foul. Instead of trying to curve ball from side at goal, I lobbed it to backside to the head of Remy, who headed back to far corner, a thing of beauty. All 3 goals were spread throughout match. Next match against Stoke was another affair that felt completely different. Stoke gets first goal off a rebound shot off keeper. I match goal late in 1st half with a beautiful shot by Remy in upper right corner. 2nd half starts same way as Stoke gets a goal off a corner. I bring in sub Aluko around 60th minute and use fresh legs to get a runner and shot just under diving keeper arms, 2-2. Around 75th minute Stoke has some great possession and lobs a ball to Ireland who has a screamer of a goal to go up 3-2. I got caught playing to far up and paid the price. I had a few other chances but nothing good, and Stoke wins 3-2. Love it!! Only difference is I play WC with semi assisted. Sunderland is last in table, and Stoke mid table in my CM. I am currently 5th at end of December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »