Home

Hutton's FIFA15 PRO simulation sliders

This is a discussion on Hutton's FIFA15 PRO simulation sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Hutton's FIFA15 PRO simulation sliders

Here's my crack as some sliders to try to make FIFA15 enjoyable, competitive and a reflection of the sport of proper football.

These sliders have been assembled through about 15 matches on the Early Access game. I'm getting much better results compared to default PRO. The CPU is far less of a twat with these sliders. This is a work in progress, as I play additional matches I will update/tweak and post videos/pics of relevant stats.

I would like to have pass percentages in the 65-80% range depending on team/tactics. On target shot% should be 30%. I would like to see more fouls, but this may be a limitation of the EA engine/core code. I would like to feel that it is difficult to win away from home. I shouldn't be able to take Spurs into the Ethidad and win the possession battle.

2013/14 EPL stats for reference purposes:
Average Goals per game= 2.77
EPL Team Avg Pass Success= 79.88%
Highest Pass Success= 86% (arsenal & Man City)
Lowest Pass Success= 71.1% (Crystal Palace)
Highest Possession%= 58.6% (Southampton)
Lowest Possession%= 37.4% (Crystal Palace)

Home Win%= 47%
Draw= 21%
Away win= 32%

BETA Version 1.1 ~ Sept-21 2014 (Early Access build)
Controls: Full manual or
Semi for shooting and crossing, Manual for through ball, Passing and Lob.
Defending: Tactical
Half Length: 10 Minutes
Difficulty level: PRO
Game Speed: NORMAL
Analog Sprint: On
Camera: Tele Broadcast (custom) H:12, Z:15 (I strongly feel that the camera used effects the gameplay)

All sliders are HUMAN/CPU
Sprint: 51/50 (The CPU is more athletic and able to out sprint me while dribbling the ball on PRO, this is designed to limit the obvious CPU advantage in athleticsm)
Acceleration: 50/49 (Again, designed to level the playing field, the CPU player simply run faster than my players and react to 50/50 balls like they are possessed. The Acceleration slider for the CPU effects how they play very dramatically, so if you're finding these settings too easy then increase CPU ACC and vice versa)
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 50/52 (attempting to reduce CPU pass comp% into the 70-80%)
Shot Speed: 52/52
(On default the shot speed feels floaty and underpowered. My goal is to be able to bang in the occasional long range shot with the appropriate players, and create a threat from distance when the opportunity presents itself.)
Pass Speed: 54/54 (Passes feel extremely bogged down on default. This attempts to open of the game a bit and provide the opportunity for deadly counter attacking as seen in proper football)
Injury Frequency: 60/60 (I haven't seen many injuries, only having to sub one knocked player in 15ish matches ~ will experiment with increasing to create more injuries)
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 50/45 (CPU marking at 44 really opens up the gameplay IMO, the CPU doesn't mark perfectly anymore, and there are opportunities to use space properly)
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 49/49 (I'd like to reduce the easy of being able to enter the top of the box area when attacking in order to try to make it more difficult to shoot directly squared up to the goal)
Fullbacks: 50/50
First Touch: 50/50
Power Bar: 45 (My pass percentage hovers between 70-80%, which is realistic considering the teams I've used. I feel the power bar has a lot to do with my passing timing, i.e. linking together easy passes and being able to hit that killer ball ~ still a work in process)

Using Right Stick skill moves is absolutely crucial to success in this game. I've never been a FIFA player who used the RS to much effect, but I was getting very few scoring opportunities until I started using the RS. It does a few things: 1) The CPU Defenders back off the player in possession of the ball AND 2) My teammate AI players suddenly grow brains and begin to move more tactically.

Last edited by Hutton; 09-22-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: minor update to sliders Sept22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Hutton's FIFA15 PRO simulation sliders

These look solid, will def give this set a try.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I never gave my team a speed advantage, well actually you are attempting to even things. I usually have the CPU 5-10 lower on pass accuracy and first touch. I alternate so if I'm playing vs a strong side i will have them with the higher first touch cause they are a better club and lower vs a worse club. I figured first touch is what really separates good players from average. I will follow your observations on the sliders.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

The speed advantage is just because default the CPU is faster than you, man to man. No regard to individual speed ratings.

If a person doesn't want to change anything they should still seriously consider changing the accel slider in their favor because that is the slider that controls who gets to a 50/50 ball first and out of the box default, its the CPU that wins these most often, hands down, on the 50 setting.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

bodekkc's Arena

Thank you, I just played my first game that I enjoyed!

Might be a little too much though on the speed/acceleration, I was able to fly by the CPU defenders at will with my guys.

Really like the camera angle too, I think that made a big difference, default is just too zoomed out and I kept giving the ball away all the time.

I still feel like the CPU dribbles way too much when in real life they would pass the ball more. Hopefully that's tweaked in the real release and/or we can tame that with sliders/custom team tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
MVP

I'm not really into your cancer angle. I like dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodekkc
Thank you, I just played my first game that I enjoyed!

Might be a little too much though on the speed/acceleration, I was able to fly by the CPU defenders at will with my guys.

Really like the camera angle too, I think that made a big difference, default is just too zoomed out and I kept giving the ball away all the time.
I've played on this camera angle for a few iterations now and absolutely love it. I need it more zoomed in so I can see the intricate movement around the ball from how far I set from my rig. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
I still feel like the CPU dribbles way too much when in real life they would pass the ball more. Hopefully that's tweaked in the real release and/or we can tame that with sliders/custom team tactics.
I'd love to find a way to get the CPU to stop over dribbling. Unfortunately the only way I can see this being accomplished is via a patch.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
MVP

Meant to say camera. I find your camera a little too zoomed out. Maybe I will try yours again with zoom increased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »