Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:46 AM   #937
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Just played 2 games on normal speed and one game on slow.

normal speed definitely passes the eye test. as in playing at that speed is exactly the kind of pace you see on a sunday watching the premier league.

but jeez ... you need your fast twitch reflexes up and about to last 15 minute halves on normal. There's already a little bit of lag and over correction when you change players defensively when defending the CPU.

that lag is really accentuated on normal speed.

if i'm playing slow speed, and change my player in defense and the program code gives me the wrong defender heading away from play, i can quickly change again to the right defender and rarely lose much space or give up a chance.

on normal, i got eaten alive.

My first game I drew 1-1 after holding a 1 goal lead for 85 minutes (i scored in the first 3 minutes, and the CPU levelled it in injury time).

shots were fairly even.

in the next game i got smashed 4-2, both my goals were handball penalties in the box. i really shoulda lost 4-0. hell, i should have lost 8-nil haha.

i got outshot 24-5 and out tackled 19 to 7. I noticed of the 19 CPU tackles, they also committed 11 fouls. so they're heaps more aggressive it seems.

I just got worked over as i got slower and slower throughout the game. i'd need a coffee before every game i played on normal to make it work, i think.

the last game was on slow, and it was straight back to the tactical arm wrestle. I was outshot 12-7, but tied in tackles with 11 each.

of the 11 tackles the CPU only committed 3 fouls, while i committed 7 for 3 yellow cards. so the CPU wasn't/ isn't as aggressive on slow. but the player changing in defense isn't as much of an issue.

One other thing which really stood out on normal speed was the volume of CPU shots taken from outside the box. Like every time they had a little bit of space they were firing.

their first goal was a 25-28 yard screamer, top corner. then another two goals from crosses into the box. and the last goal came from a corner when my lowly rated (59) CDM just gave his man a clear run at the ball for an uncontested header in the box.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #938
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
I've just seen that Matt did over 4 hours of testing on his twitch in trying to figure this out for us, Now that's true commitment to the cause. I can only applaud that type of effort.
That's Matt. He's not doing any of this for glory, adulation, or ego. None of that matters, and if you noticed, there's no one's name in the title of this thread. He/we just want to try to help make an already great game that much better. Nothing more.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #939
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Just played 2 games on normal speed and one game on slow.

normal speed definitely passes the eye test. as in playing at that speed is exactly the kind of pace you see on a sunday watching the premier league.

but jeez ... you need your fast twitch reflexes up and about to last 15 minute halves on normal. There's already a little bit of lag and over correction when you change players defensively when defending the CPU.

that lag is really accentuated on normal speed.

if i'm playing slow speed, and change my player in defense and the program code gives me the wrong defender heading away from play, i can quickly change again to the right defender and rarely lose much space or give up a chance.

on normal, i got eaten alive.

My first game I drew 1-1 after holding a 1 goal lead for 85 minutes (i scored in the first 3 minutes, and the CPU levelled it in injury time).

shots were fairly even.

in the next game i got smashed 4-2, both my goals were handball penalties in the box. i really shoulda lost 4-0. hell, i should have lost 8-nil haha.

i got outshot 24-5 and out tackled 19 to 7. I noticed of the 19 CPU tackles, they also committed 11 fouls. so they're heaps more aggressive it seems.

I just got worked over as i got slower and slower throughout the game. i'd need a coffee before every game i played on normal to make it work, i think.

the last game was on slow, and it was straight back to the tactical arm wrestle. I was outshot 12-7, but tied in tackles with 11 each.

of the 11 tackles the CPU only committed 3 fouls, while i committed 7 for 3 yellow cards. so the CPU wasn't/ isn't as aggressive on slow. but the player changing in defense isn't as much of an issue.

One other thing which really stood out on normal speed was the volume of CPU shots taken from outside the box. Like every time they had a little bit of space they were firing.

their first goal was a 25-28 yard screamer, top corner. then another two goals from crosses into the box. and the last goal came from a corner when my lowly rated (59) CDM just gave his man a clear run at the ball for an uncontested header in the box.
There are definitely some things to like about playing on normal speed, but I feel as least, it seems to always devolve into a back and forth sprint fest. Not for me.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #940
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Matt, you guys switching to Legendary already?

Fantastic, usually takes you guys a few months of messing around with WC before you relent to the inevitably superior difficulty setting

Late to the party, but my thoughts are: test set 7 on Legendary plays well. I don't even remember the last time I played the game on normal speed (11 maybe?) but it's honestly a little bit fabulous. Very very small sample size right now, but I think this year normal speed might end up being the answer, and set 7 is already very close.

Also, just feel like I need to remind you guys again:

2 gameplay patches. There are ALWAYS 2 gameplay patches. Doesn't mean you guys should stop, the final slider set is usually not TOO different from the pre-patch sets, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

Personally I think normal speed is legitimately worth looking into this year.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #941
Pro

OVR: 0

One more morning of long testing and I noticed two things:

1 - The pass percentage is indeed miscalculated. In the matches I tried to count the passing from CPU and in my experience, CPU % was always around 10% lower than what the game shows in stats.

2 - I was experiencing lots of configurations for line height/lenght, and at some point I had both teams playing high and way more compact. The thing to learn here is that CPU had no space for tikitaka, so in a couple matches I never, NEVER saw that usual play of 3-4 first time passes followed by a first time shot. They passed the ball around here and there, but as soon as they entered my half, they had to do something else, so it was long balls, through balls (trying to explore the high defensive line), long shots etc. Now, its also important to know that run frequency overrides line height/lenght in a way. The higher the run frequency, the more they push up the field, and makes our lines spread each other. If thereīs enough spreading (aka open space), tilkitaka returns. So, if you donīt know it already, line height/lenght and run frequency is key here, in my opinion, even more than pass error.

Run frequency seems to work as an offensive positional slider, not a slider for runs into open space. Today I noticed that, CPU wasnīt running more when I uped RF to 45 or 50, instead they were puting themselves higher in the pitch, closer to my defenders and even pushing them, making my line drop a bit deeper. If RF is low, they stand near the half line, and start passing around form there, in a series of first time passing, making us go out of place and opening space while buiding up the attacks. Higher RF, means the most attacking players go forward, and then the other players keep the ball while looking for who to pass to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #942
Rookie

OVR: 4

What happens if you lower passing speed,shooting speed,acc and sprint speed on normal game speed, will it make the pace a bit slower and player movement also?
Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #943
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Fenlons_Hibs
@the blessed community

I mentioned the 20 marking around page 50 when responding to a Krebstar post about getting the CPU to hit the "long ball" as they do in real life but DONT DO IN THIS GAME. Its seems at the time of that post it was not in Matt10's community plan to try something like that.

Lowering the marking that low really allows the CPU attack to find real space but...

1- you gotta up the pass speed a bit. Otherwise when CPU runs reach as certain distance from the ball, the ball carrier will just turn around and resort back to boring tactics cause he knows his slow 32 pass speed (really who thought of this???) ball will never reach the guy going forward.

2- Id up line length to 60 for CpU. This is dangerous because it will screw around with run frequency but I believe at 60 it spreads the CPU players across the pitch alot more evenly, and they wont lolly-gag so much in transition. I'd like to mention I've even got CPU long balls played into a "Back to goal" striker.

2 1/2- If you are opposed to such a massive line length hike Ive had moderate success going the opposite way and making line length around 35-38 and run frequency in the 80-85 range. It kind of creates a weird mixture.
The middle of the park becomes a little more clustered thus creating MATT10's favored midfield battles but at the same time sends the forwards on galloping runs into space created by 20 MARKING and LINE LENGTH DISCREPANCY

I keep my line length in the 48-52 range

I really hope that all this is according to the community manifesto that matt10 and Orion have created for the community to express themselves in.
Keep testing guys , don't be afraid to think outside the box
My man. I love your enthusiasm, and having just seen this thread I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle. To be clear though, you're not trying to recreate Wimbledon FC hoof ball right? Because I really don't think that will fly. The game today is all about short passing, with the occasional cross, long ball. Even through balls seem a rarity(there were 2 in the United v Wolfsburg game yesterday). The ratio between short pass and long ball is 85% to 15% usually, and FIFA in general is reasonably close.
That aside, what I think you're getting at is right on and I'd like to give it a whirl so if you wouldn't mind give me some concrete change suggestions and I'd be more than happy to try them out.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #944
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
You donīt seem opposite if you are having harder time against smalelr teams ,almost like i said ,that i donīt feel the difference and i agree with you that there seems to be no difference how 75 rate and 85 rated player plays.Something is kind of broken here, hope there is a patch coming out in some time.
You are right, i expressed myself wrongly there, itīs not the opposite.

I donīt know if a fix on this regard is in the works, FIFA never really had that much separation between good and bad players, but letīs see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
haha. i'm not giving them space and freedom. i'm just not circling the cpu like a moth on a flame. send a man in to contain while tracking the run of your man or zone the space to give the ball carrier no options.

i see that CPU holding animation so much per game where the attacker with the ball just holds up play and looks around for someone to give the ball off to.

you have to press the CPU players with the ball. I'm just saying don't swarm them on sprint because they'll stand you up and leave you for dead. and if you try and tackle and miss, you're toast.

it's totally realistic the defense this year, imo.
I think itīs great that if you press like a maniac you get burned, but still, 2 things stand out:

- you shouldnīt be immediately burned if you press like a maniac by any team. Good teams, yeah, sure, they could burn a team that presses relentlessly, a bad team not so much. Thing is, that no matter the team, you get burned the same way, CPU strings 4 quick first time passes and gets an open shot. I feel this is realistic agains big teams, but all teams doing it? Not so much.

- And now comes the thing i get most frustrated. I feel that if i defend like a numb, donīt press, just cover the space a particular player itīs supposed to cover, donīt do much... i get the ball easily! This is what frustrates me more... it feels that the less and less i do on defence, the more and more i get the ball from the CPU. It doesnīt feel right, to me of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »