Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #1921
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Latest set, lol...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #1922
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if I'd be glad to be wrong about this or not but so far it has felt that the final set will need some adjustment to CPU speed and/or acceleration. The ratio between those and everything else is quite extreme, i.e. I either need to lower their speed or I have to lower all other abilities they have by a wide margin...

I am now playing the games of my caree twice, one using my set and saving my progress, and the second one with set C, which I update based on this thread. I like both but my set "feels" more fair but less realistic, while set C feels more realistic but very unfair at times. I am winning somewhat more with my set but with set C I draw more and all the games are low in score. I don't lose easily with either set (my team now has players between 72 and 81 rated, with my GK@85) but the way I lose when I do is vastly different between the two sets.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #1923
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Latest set, lol...?
I think it's the set posted in the OP. Looking forward to the new one though.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 PM   #1924
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

It's always what is posted in the OP. That is the current set to be tested. The set from a couple pages ago was stated to not be the way to go.

Set A and B will most likely get moved to Spoilers after we get to testing.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #1925
Pro

I've now made a Set C hybrid. So it includes some of Set C's values and some of EvertonianSteeler's values. It will be interesting to see how it plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #1926
Rookie

I think one of the biggest discrepancies about the driven pass is that a lot of us are playing as a team in League 2 or League 1 and the teams at those levels don't use it that often. I played a few games on Gnemi's sliders yesterday and didn't really see any drilled passes being abused, IMO. But the other half are playing top flight leagues and the better passers are probably using it more...

Keep that in mind when arguing about it
Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #1927
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
I think one of the biggest discrepancies about the driven pass is that a lot of us are playing as a team in League 2 or League 1 and the teams at those levels don't use it that often. I played a few games on Gnemi's sliders yesterday and didn't really see any drilled passes being abused, IMO. But the other half are playing top flight leagues and the better passers are probably using it more...

It's clearly becoming the biggest issue of subjectivity with FIFA 16.

I play in the top flight, I play against Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal. I don't see these teams doing anything that qualifies as "abusing" the hard-driven pass. I personally love it at 40, and again, that's subjective.

I believe EA have reduced movement speed significantly this year and used the hard-driven passes to make up for it - IMO to match the modern game a bit and at the level of game design, help uhhh move things along so that a simulated football game can produce outcomes similar to the 90 minute version.

Matt - help us all figure out how to get 3 goals per game! Have you tried reducing shot error? Or am I the only one struggling to see goals?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #1928
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy

I use 4 different teams through 4 different leagues. It's as OP as it comes.

Look at this real match between Liverpool and Everton. Within 10 minutes, maybe one or two driven passes - but count how long it takes to reach the other player. It's not the .5 second it takes in FIFA, it's drilled and the ground is actually capturing some of the ball, making the ball skid at on average 1.5 to 2 seconds. Notice that they are not balls that are easy to control either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »