Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #6249
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
This may change when I see the hype surrounding the actual game release, but as it stands, I've actually decided I'm not going to be in any particular rush to get FIFA 17.

I've finally got a set of sliders/settings on FIFA 16 that I'm very happy with and I've also finally started a very enjoyable Career Mode with my beloved Brentford. It will have felt like a waste of time getting to this point if I jump ship as soon as FIFA 17 is out.

I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, maybe around Christmas, maybe even actually in 2017. But for the time being I think I'm just going to stick with FIFA 16 until I get bored/tired/finished with this particular career.
Understand what you say, just would not be able to control myself that day Fifa17 published, must have it !. (be a good game..)
Old 07-06-2016, 07:05 AM   #6250
MVP

OVR: 6

I just wish there was a way to make the tactics sliders on the individual teams really work. I think that would be the greatest simple improvement the game could have.

The game will also have a new engine, Frostbite, but i really donīt know what influence it will have on the gameplay, if any.

As anyone read anything relating the Frostbite engine in FIFA 17 altering the physics of the ball and stuff like that?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #6251
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
I just wish there was a way to make the tactics sliders on the individual teams really work. I think that would be the greatest simple improvement the game could have.

The game will also have a new engine, Frostbite, but i really donīt know what influence it will have on the gameplay, if any.

As anyone read anything relating the Frostbite engine in FIFA 17 altering the physics of the ball and stuff like that?
Agree, it would be cool and confident it could be done with the right engine behind. The question is whether EA is willing to make the constant updates that would require (+ the giant process all countries and teams), eg every time a team changes coach, and then often tactics!?. About Frostbite, it's going to look good but I'm not sure the game is being revolutionized, I have my doubts let us hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #6252
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The following is just my own opinion and findings with settings. I've used a variation of your settings before. Heck, I've used practically anything you can think of. That's not to be boastful, it's merely to state how ridiculously in depth I've tested these stupid sliders.

Extreme acceleration works for one part of the game, which is face on dribbling, but once you get going, there is no stopping. Even at the face-on bursting/dribbling you can still get by. The problem, like I said, is not the fact that you are blowing by the player, it's the fact that they take such a terrible angle into the ball. This was in FIFA 15 as well, where you could easily just a slight analog movement and be gone. Yes, the recovery is the good part - which is why I have Sprint at 52 and not under because if you lower Sprint lower, they tend to jogging animation - which is essentially like giving up. Pair up the Sprint at 52 with Marking at 78, now you have a bit more aggression towards the ball by the defending player. Even if I do get past him, I know there will be a recovery run very soon - so I will not be able to completely go coast to coast. That's the best that I could do without sacrificing other important values.

If you really want to get the players to not give up, and not sacrifice your chosen Sprint Speed, then lower height for each to 50. Now those midfielders will drop back further with the ball carrier, and not switch off unless necessary. The issue with the 50 height though is the crosses are going to go back to being too close to the keeper, too deep for the defenders and the attackers timing their runs past the defensive line, resulting in multiple resets of the runs and weak attempts in the air.

The reason the CPU is not even trying to attack is not necessarily positioning, but more so the limited capability of pass error at 90. Go higher than 55 and they start to play conservative. You can test this by raising it to 100, and seeing how often the CPU will play to the goal keeper, and also how often the goalkeepers poor passing will be - to the point they will not want to relinquish control of the ball, no matter how far out of the 18-yard box they are.

The crutch of this year's sliders are that each adjustment breaks another thing, and vice versa. If you lower line length, you lose the proper compression and decompression of a football pitch. Instead you are left with a small ball game of side to side (of 5-10 foot passes), running and gunning type of attacks. No matter what run frequency you have it, the line length that low just makes it looks like a game of ultimate Frisbee - without the stopping. This is why I personally prefer it at a 10 pt differential of 60/50. This allows the User's defending attitude to remain in-tact, and force the CPU to attack in different ways. Yes, defensively the user is also in more of an advanced position, which is why I've given more power to the CPU's on the ball traits, but have essentially humanized their controlling of the ball with FT Control Error at 100. So while they may find ways to break me down, they are going to be 1. be pressured and 2. be pressured to perform considering there's a chance the ball may not be controlled perfectly at all times.

So far, what I have tested in Patch update #6, is that the drilled pass has lessened, but is still there on occasion. The less drilled passing goes on, the more that FT Control at 100 does what it's supposed to do, and not make every single pass a difficult decision.
Thanks Matt, for your insights. I think I don't play well enough and my controller is a low quality one, so that the analog only recognize 45 degree angles most of the time. This being said, I really can't burst through opponents using the settings I've posted. Yet, I don't really know why, using your settings I can alternate between 45 degree diagonals and go through some defenders, if not all. Since you have done much more testing than me, I suppose I'm just not being able to burst through when using my settings for lack of skill or ignorance of the proper way to do it.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #6253
Rookie

Absolutely amazing work with these sliders! You guys should be hired by EA to fix this game, because these sliders are what makes it playable. Its the only reason why I bought FIFA 16 recently.

Few things that I noticed. Goalkeeper ability at 52 might be a bit too high? They become too good. I used Matt sliders as a base core and + 25 for goalkeeper ability from community settings. I mean if this is what controls gk positioning and saves, because with original Matt sliders they perform insane saves from the best ones to the ones from lower divisions. I barely can score and not because I cant create chances, but because goalies are way too good. Playing their career games every nigth. Anyway that can be fixed, but the most problematic part of the game for me is this:

Quote:
"Bursting" - This occurs when the user play is able to dribble past the CPU with ease. Occurs face up dribbling, but also through constant sprinting with the ball and the defender's animation is to simply step out of the way. A good test is to use any player from the side of the field, and sprint past one player, and continue to sprint all the way into the box. This usually occurs when the Acceleration value of the USER is higher than the CPU (50/49 for example). Solution is to keep value even or in favor of CPU.
Since I am more or less new to FIFA and sliders thing, I suppose this is why I can get into box so easy? Almost like on PES 16, where you just dribble or run straight into the box from the side. You can run into it as deep as you want and defenders start to retreating. It looks pretty unrealistic and it can be done way too easy. Becomse kind of exploit. I dont want to make acceleration as CPU advantage, because then they become more robotlike and too hard to catch. As I understand this problem of "Bursting" and going into box against AI way too easy is part of the game programing problem? It would be nice to achieve a reasonable compromise, but probably it isint possible without altering CPU acceleration? I kept it at 48/48 at the moment, but its still too easy.

Last edited by circle; 07-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #6254
MVP

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

For anyone who is getting frustrated with FIFA atm which I have been I've used matts settings with afew changes here and there and have had great games and I've strung together 8 wins on the spin!! And seems like a fair game of football to me.

World class 15 min halves full manual controls

Sprint speed 52/52
Accel 48/48
Shot error 55/55
Pass error 52/52
Shot speed 52/52
Pass speed 50/50
IF 90/90
IS 60/60
Gk 52/52
Marking 78/78
RF 1/1
Height 65/65 gone to 62/62 anything above 63 it becomes to much counter attack
Length 50/50 back to 60/50
Width 52/52
Fullbacks 100/100
FT 95/100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aaron458f; 07-12-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #6255
Rookie

Hey Matt10,

Has there been any changes to the slider set in the OP? If so, is the OP already updated to reflect those changes?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #6256
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace
Hey Matt10,

Has there been any changes to the slider set in the OP? If so, is the OP already updated to reflect those changes?

No changes. Everything is updated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »