Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #5257
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Hi everyone!

I am personally quite happy with NHS set. I have raised the GK to 15/15 and it has somehow lessen cpu lethality in front of goal. It is not only that keepers make better saves, the cpu seems less accurate with shots.
The set has a bit steep learning curve when it comes to defend but once you get used to it is very fun to play
May have to take a look at this one again as I explored a lot late last night/this morning. The one thing I am seeing is the length is starting to become an eyesore when it's above 40. It's the mentality of the CPU, like Brahv said above, to pump the field up as soon as possible. It's more so the way the teammates run off the ball, regardless of run frequency, at the higher lengths that has changed from previous versions than 1.05.

1.05 introduced a bit more chaos for off the ball runs, that was the first thing I remember I noticed right away. The way players sprint off the ball as if it's a counter attack and there are no defenders in the way, when in fact there are 6 or 7 players still to get through. IRL, no player would be sprinting up the field like this unless it were in stoppage time and down a goal, waiting for the hoof!

I'm going to explore late tonight as well. I think we should look at pass error again considering the desire for a slower pace. If we think about it the CPU is going to make their passes anyways, why do we have it in the mid 60's at this point?

Same goes with the Height at 65, relative to the length, the runs into the box are ahead of the defensive line, everytime, because the length is too high.

It is with great reluctance that I have to address these issues, because I hate the low defensive line in the 50's, the lower length in the 40's or 30's and the slower pass speeds. But FIFA is all about sacrifices, and it's time to build a set that makes things less about what I like in terms of slider values, and what is actually pleasing to the eye.

Time to get work. Deadline day (Feb 1st) is quickly approaching to get this done.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:50 PM   #5258
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Something to keep in mind while testing; making the midfield battle work while addressing all the other issues will always be difficult, and it's possibly not something that can be completely "solved".

Fifa as a game is incredibly EPL-centric. Fans of the PL are clearly their target audience, and as such, the game will always have a PL style of play. This is why getting a midfield battle to happen is, and had always been, very difficult. The cpu bypasses the midfield entirely, because that is what PL teams do quite often. The PL has always been perceived as "tougher" but that is largely because the country it is based in values work rate/athleticism/strength/speed over technical ability. The PL isn't "faster and harder" because it is somehow a superior league, it's faster because both fans and the teams themselves want to get the ball up the field and score as quickly as possible.

Think about all the things we complain about the cpu doing:

-pump the ball up the field as fast as possible
-spray the ball out to the wings, avoid the middle of the field
-send in crosses
-dribble towards the corner flag whenever you get a chance

That's PL playstyle to a T. We can lessen this to an extent, but we will never be able to completely suppress it.

Again, just something to keep in mind while testing, so you guys don't end up beating your heads against the wall. It's definitely possible to "muffle" some cpu tendencies to a cetain extent, but trying to rid them completely will only end in frustration and curse words.
The Prem is tougher because they never get a break and play in 4 seperate competitions , just ask Jergen Klopp right now. Game every 3 days. its like the NHL.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #5259
Rookie

OVR: 0

Go Matt, I'm sure you will come up with something. So far I really enjoy Holiday Set, B2B and New High Sprint for different reasons, but hopefully the slider editing potential is even higher.

Why February 1st, by the way?
Old 01-15-2016, 01:50 AM   #5260
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
May have to take a look at this one again as I explored a lot late last night/this morning. The one thing I am seeing is the length is starting to become an eyesore when it's above 40. It's the mentality of the CPU, like Brahv said above, to pump the field up as soon as possible. It's more so the way the teammates run off the ball, regardless of run frequency, at the higher lengths that has changed from previous versions than 1.05.

1.05 introduced a bit more chaos for off the ball runs, that was the first thing I remember I noticed right away. The way players sprint off the ball as if it's a counter attack and there are no defenders in the way, when in fact there are 6 or 7 players still to get through. IRL, no player would be sprinting up the field like this unless it were in stoppage time and down a goal, waiting for the hoof!

I'm going to explore late tonight as well. I think we should look at pass error again considering the desire for a slower pace. If we think about it the CPU is going to make their passes anyways, why do we have it in the mid 60's at this point?

Same goes with the Height at 65, relative to the length, the runs into the box are ahead of the defensive line, everytime, because the length is too high.

It is with great reluctance that I have to address these issues, because I hate the low defensive line in the 50's, the lower length in the 40's or 30's and the slower pass speeds. But FIFA is all about sacrifices, and it's time to build a set that makes things less about what I like in terms of slider values, and what is actually pleasing to the eye.

Time to get work. Deadline day (Feb 1st) is quickly approaching to get this done.
February 1st patch 1.06? February 1st end of the transfer market?

Last edited by Nasone74; 01-15-2016 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #5261
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker
Go Matt, I'm sure you will come up with something. So far I really enjoy Holiday Set, B2B and New High Sprint for different reasons, but hopefully the slider editing potential is even higher.

Why February 1st, by the way?
I tested offline last night (did not know how long I'd have in front of the game), and variations of those sets should work, but looking at some out of the box things - streaming tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasone74
February 1st patch 1.06? February 1st end of the transfer market?
If the trend is true then the last patch update, if there is one, will be worst than 1.05 - they did that with FIFA 15 where it made Legendary unplayable. At the moment, I think 1.05 is proving to be difficult to tweak, but through all that we are learning a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #5262
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Haven't seen Set Y get any love lately, so...here's the stats from my most recent MM game w/Arsenal hosting Liverpool (15 min, leg def)...

Really enjoying the set...
Nostradamus!
Old 01-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #5263
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Nostradamus!
Spoiler!

(Had avoided seeing the end result, was watching it at 2-3. )
Old 01-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #5264
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

How big of a deal is the stamina gauge for most of you? The reason I ask is I feel the stamina gauge is misleading. I can feel my players get tired even if they're at full bar, and can also feel they aren't tired at all on a low bar. I also feel the CPU doesn't abide to their stamina gauges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »