Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:31 AM   #6057
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
what up with the injuries? I'm 7 games in with Real Madrid and these are injuries so far

Isco - Broken Ankle
Marcelo - Broken Ankle
James Rodriguez - Bruised Elbow
Antoine Griezmann - Hyper Extended Knee

Injury severity too high or is this just a random thing? I would like to so more knocks, and then sit out and get back in but what I'm getting for me and cpu is players getting hurt, going to sideline and getting subbed out.

I would say more often then not, a player receives treatment and then comes back on.
Unfortunately it's the only way to make the injury numbers somewhat realistic.

You'll almost never get any training injuries in between games, so the only way to get a realistic number is during matches. Unfortunately this can often mean needing to make injury-related subs in matches, but it's either that or having an unusually fit squad for 95% of the season.

Your injuries don't look too bad there anyway. 2 broken ankles is unlucky, but not unheard of. And the bruised elbow and hyper extended knee shouldn't be long term injuries?

Personally I'd say wait it out. You'll have periods where the injuries will feel thick and fast, but then you'll go 10 games without getting even one. If you find you're still getting too many, then yeah I'd just reduce the Injury Severity slider, but I've personally always been an advocator that it's better too have too many injuries than too few - otherwise there's not enough challenge.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 AM   #6058
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
what up with the injuries? I'm 7 games in with Real Madrid and these are injuries so far

Isco - Broken Ankle

Marcelo - Broken Ankle

James Rodriguez - Bruised Elbow

Antoine Griezmann - Hyper Extended Knee

Injury severity too high or is this just a random thing? I would like to so more knocks, and then sit out and get back in but what I'm getting for me and cpu is players getting hurt, going to sideline and getting subbed out.

I would say more often then not, a player receives treatment and then comes back on.

I use IF 80/80 IS 60/60 and feel its enough and i get afew training injurys to and a good mix or short and long term injurys
Old 04-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #6059
Rookie

It is odd how it seems to differ so much from player to player.

I'm currently using Injury Frequency 99 and Injury Severity 70, however I'm currently in late November in my second season and I currently don't have a single player injured - nor have I done for about 6 weeks (game-time) now.

I'm actually going to experiment with upping Frequency to 100, but then considerably lowering Severity, maybe even to below 50.

What I'd really like is to see loads more injuries in matches, but not necessarily many that result in a substitution. So like a player picking up a knock that they can run off in a few minutes for example, or a player needing to temporarily leave the pitch, but then to be waved back on by the ref.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:00 AM   #6060
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Unfortunately it's the only way to make the injury numbers somewhat realistic.

You'll almost never get any training injuries in between games, so the only way to get a realistic number is during matches. Unfortunately this can often mean needing to make injury-related subs in matches, but it's either that or having an unusually fit squad for 95% of the season.

Your injuries don't look too bad there anyway. 2 broken ankles is unlucky, but not unheard of. And the bruised elbow and hyper extended knee shouldn't be long term injuries?

Personally I'd say wait it out. You'll have periods where the injuries will feel thick and fast, but then you'll go 10 games without getting even one. If you find you're still getting too many, then yeah I'd just reduce the Injury Severity slider, but I've personally always been an advocator that it's better too have too many injuries than too few - otherwise there's not enough challenge.
Just after I posted that, Danny Rose got a 4 month ligament tear in training -_-

but Hyper Extended Knee was like 8 week, so substantial amount of time.

but ok sounds good

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 04-27-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:25 AM   #6061
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
What I'd really like is to see loads more injuries in matches, but not necessarily many that result in a substitution. So like a player picking up a knock that they can run off in a few minutes for example, or a player needing to temporarily leave the pitch, but then to be waved back on by the ref.
yes this should be the goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #6062
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Real Madrid v Atleti

Going to post a series of these so you can compare the teams and see the differences in play between each team and settings. I do a bit of explaining in the beginning to further explain my reasoning.

I want teams to play different, not just the one default tactic thats assigned to each team. Take for instance a team like Ajax. If they are playing a lower level dutch side they are going to play completely different then they would if they we're going against Barcelona.

With These settings I hope to obtain that, and make my career have as much variety as possible. That when I play teams away and home that there is somewhat of a difference. That when teams are on good form, and bad form their tactics will be different etc. Depending on my form the opposing teams tactics will be adjust accordingly while not breaking away from the teams core values.

Using WHOSCORED.com for all team info.

Playing on World Class, 15 min halfs, Slow, all manual, with Matt's OS Sliders and no shot or pass error because I am using manual. I miss enough shots and passes, I don't need an error because I don't want the thought in my head did i miss that shot or pass because of error or because of me? Ya know.

Next video will be against Sevilla, then Levante and Juventus. So you will be able to compare each team, each game if you want.

Lots of these core values I have brought over from PES with the help of Matt & Dmendenhall. I'm not trying to make it seem like I invented anything, just trying to share some of my findings. I made a series of these type of videos for PES and they got really good reviews and feedback, and I would like to do the same thing here in the FIFA community.

As it goes for the match above, Atleti started out sloppy, so did I somewhat. After we got the early goal from Bale, I tried to control the possession more, but in doing that I allowed Atleti to come out of their deep shell. Atleti started to become more dangerous as the first half went on, eventually scoring from some beautiful tica-tacka football and a beautiful Volley from Gabi. Poor clearance from Varane which they punished us for. Atleti was creating chances on the counter like they try to do in real life from their own half so that was great to see translating into the game. but in the second half, and especially the last 20 minutes I feel as if we should have won and knocked in another goal.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 04-27-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #6063
Rookie

Quote:
I'm actually going to experiment with upping Frequency to 100, but then considerably lowering Severity, maybe even to below 50.

Me too. More in-match knocks that will force players to perform with the bumps and bruises. It also adds some reward for playing physical, allowing you to rough up an opponent's star player for example. I mean, if you are risking the red cards then you should be allowed to intimidate, or take a step or two away from that fancy winger with a couple of assertive challenges from your defenders.

I'd also love to see more short-term 2 to 7day injuries, little stuff that players can play with but have to overcome It just adds up to a much better management/locker room experience. Sadly, I just don't think the injury system is robust enough to allow for it.

I've also tried tuning up InjFreq and tuning down InjSev from the OP. I never gave it the time it deserved (maybe 10 games), and I never saw what I was hoping for. I'd be really interested in what you find.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #6064
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
Me too. More in-match knocks that will force players to perform with the bumps and bruises. It also adds some reward for playing physical, allowing you to rough up an opponent's star player for example. I mean, if you are risking the red cards then you should be allowed to intimidate, or take a step or two away from that fancy winger with a couple of assertive challenges from your defenders.

I'd also love to see more short-term 2 to 7day injuries, little stuff that players can play with but have to overcome It just adds up to a much better management/locker room experience. Sadly, I just don't think the injury system is robust enough to allow for it.

I've also tried tuning up InjFreq and tuning down InjSev from the OP. I never gave it the time it deserved (maybe 10 games), and I never saw what I was hoping for. I'd be really interested in what you find.
Agreed, I think that'd be great.

I'm going to try Injury Frequency on 100 and Injury Severity on 50 first of all for the next few days (I may adjust the latter as required). I'll post my findings in here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »