Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #6273
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Live for a game looking at this new patch

https://www.twitch.tv/stimuli1
Old 07-15-2016, 04:00 AM   #6274
Rookie

Quick question, is it possible that the game would vary a bit more? Because when I play using WC difficulty, I have possesion and control the ball most of the time. I have it against Championship, Ligue 2, Segunda teams and I have the same possesion against Barca, Real, Bayern. When I play using Legendary, I get beaten by Championship, Ligue 2, Segunda teams in the same manner I am beaten by Barca, Real, Bayern. I bet this is the lack of team ID, the one feature people were/are talking about. I couldnt fully understand it, because I thought stats should make playing against Barca Messi/Neymar/Suarez more difficult, but its almost the same as playing with lower division teams. I havent tested CM yet, maybe it will be different there than playing exhibition games.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #6275
Rookie

Good testing video uploaded a few hours ago Matt, very informative.

I think I managed to find a segment that highlights the big issues I'm having. If you skip to 39:40, for the next 6 seconds or so, both fullbacks are in pretty bad positions. Your RB in particular is strangely high up/tucked in and there's a point where he even overtakes the opponents striker. The LB, while at least in line with the 2 CBs, is still way too tucked in - there's no immediate danger, but there's still no reason for him to be acting as essentially a 3rd CB there, as the 2 actual CBs have got the striker covered.

Am I just being too picky here? Or am I right in saying that's a pretty big issue? It seems to happen every time the opponent has the ball, all 4 defenders seem to want to occupy the exact same space and I can't work out how to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #6276
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Good testing video uploaded a few hours ago Matt, very informative.

I think I managed to find a segment that highlights the big issues I'm having. If you skip to 39:40, for the next 6 seconds or so, both fullbacks are in pretty bad positions. Your RB in particular is strangely high up/tucked in and there's a point where he even overtakes the opponents striker. The LB, while at least in line with the 2 CBs, is still way too tucked in - there's no immediate danger, but there's still no reason for him to be acting as essentially a 3rd CB there, as the 2 actual CBs have got the striker covered.

Am I just being too picky here? Or am I right in saying that's a pretty big issue? It seems to happen every time the opponent has the ball, all 4 defenders seem to want to occupy the exact same space and I can't work out how to fix it.
Here is the video in reference:

I don't think you're being too picky at all. I do think that this is kind of a given considering it has been like this since update 1.05, possibly even earlier. I remember our significant amount of testing concluded that the Line Width value only affected the offense. The defense never spread far enough, especially the outside backs, resulting in a very tucked in look.

What is noticeable here is that the marking is much better overall. It's like a combination of 16 out of the box, and 1.07 (which brings in all the previous updates), because now the interceptions are back. At the 42:25 mark, my midfielder is behind the recepient, but manages to get fully in front of him to intercept the pass. This happen all on its own, with no manipulation from me, until I realized I had an opportunity to the ball.

The little things ,like that interception, are so big because it's happening everywhere throughout the pitch. The defenders are not a seperate entity anymore, they are venturing out to mark the attacker, while also keeping their shape. Look at 16:05 where I show the CB step up to meet the attacker. The LB is forced to cover and tuck in further, while the outside mid watches the overlap.

The outside backs are definitely, still tucked in more than I would like, but it's not as bad as it was where they are trying to be CB's or CDMs - and are disconnected from what is happening around them, where as before they were more worried about what was happening on the CB's side of the pitch - most of the time it'd be too late. The outside midfielders are also tracking back with the outside backs, thus wedging in those overlapping runs by the opposition, a lot better.With FB at 100, and marking at 78, there is a good chance that they will be more advanced - so the event of them looking like CDMs may happen more often than on default. I'm fine with this as the benefits of a higher FB and Marking have been proven.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #6277
Rookie

Perhaps I was just being blissfully unaware, but I'm sure it wasn't quite so big a problem in the previous update (from like mid-June or whenever it was?).

I'm wondering if it's a formation issue. It seems to be that the reason the full backs are tucking in is because they're essentially thinking 'it's fine, my winger's got that area covered'.

I wonder if there was a bonafide way of stopping the wingers from dropping back quite so far, that the fullbacks might behave properly.

Probably too much to go into at this stage though I suppose. Maybe better off just waiting for FIFA 17 and hope they've sorted it. I can't remember if there was a similar problem in FIFA 15 or not...
Old 07-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #6278
Pro

Matt, you got me intrigued with that video. I might finally connect my PS4 online again. You played almost with your exact set right?
Old 07-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #6279
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Matt, you got me intrigued with that video. I might finally connect my PS4 online again. You played almost with your exact set right?
Yes only change was GK 50/50, and width to 50/50.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #6280
Rookie

Guys,

several months ago someone here posted a link to an old EA document that contained the first steps of their momentum / scripting system. I can't find the link anymore. Would someone be able to repost it?

Edit. Found it, but the original file had been removed. Here is a working link:
http://www.novuscom.net/~s.enrique/files/gdc07.pdf

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 07-16-2016 at 10:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »