Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #1201
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Just a little demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCNOy73mkKk

Same if one goes through the middle. Poke me if you need more vids.

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 05:09 AM   #1202
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Just a little demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCNOy73mkKk

Same if one goes through the middle. Poke me if you need more vids.
Yeah, we're not going to fix it. It's impossible at this point. At least now the CM's are following the player with the ball, versus just quickly handing him off. Spent a good amount of time at the start of the stream looking at defending player's attention. They mainly were focused on watching their teammates' positioning, more than actually worrying about the ball carrier.

At this point, more of a priority to me, is getting the foul count working with lower acceleration values pertaining to the set. Everything else, to me, is solid for this year's game. I get incredibly physical games, but sometimes the CPU tackles too perfectly (foot to ball), so that's what I'm going to explore. Will mess around a bit with FT Control.

If/when there is a patch update to ruin/help, so be it. For now, I'm ready to get started on my CM.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #1203
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, we're not going to fix it. It's impossible at this point. At least now the CM's are following the player with the ball, versus just quickly handing him off. Spent a good amount of time at the start of the stream looking at defending player's attention. They mainly were focused on watching their teammates' positioning, more than actually worrying about the ball carrier.

At this point, more of a priority to me, is getting the foul count working with lower acceleration values pertaining to the set. Everything else, to me, is solid for this year's game. I get incredibly physical games, but sometimes the CPU tackles too perfectly (foot to ball), so that's what I'm going to explore. Will mess around a bit with FT Control.

If/when there is a patch update to ruin/help, so be it. For now, I'm ready to get started on my CM.
I agree. Played some games with the foot of the pedal and I must say that the set has a nice organic flow with it. I love the player positioning when siegieng the goal or getting besieged also the balance with the runs make for a more dynamic experience. Good job!

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 10-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #1204
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
I agree. Played some games with the foot of the pedal and I must say that the set has a nice organic flow with it. I love the player positioning when siegieng the goal or getting besieged also the balance with the runs make for a more dynamic experience. Good job!
I'm really happy with how the shape of the banks look. Makes the CPU play in a very different way compared to before. Really glad we were able to improve this set even more.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #1205
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Okay. Set #3....relaunch party. Thank you to everyone who was on the 4 hour stream tonight.

Operation Sports Community Sliders - Set #3 (10/8/16)
Pro/World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 Minutes
Format: [Value - Value Number - OS Member - Explanation]

Sprint Speed 50/50 - @Matt10 - Keeping it very simple here. Adjust as you see fit.

Acceleration - 48/49 - @Matt10 - Slows down the pace of play without making it a complete bore. Players will feel like they have weight to them. If you feel like it's too sluggish, go to 49/50. Bursting (video @30 sec mark - where a player is able to sprint ,untouched, through the entire midfield and defense), can occur on many settings, and many combos of them. This is still a continued siege of experimentation to combat, but right when we think we have it - it shows up. It is most prevalent on kick-off, passing off to the winger, then sprinting diagonally from outside to in. I am not 100% sure of what the value should be. This needs the most attention.
***47/49 - @Josam27o7 - I would love for this to be the base, but the foul count has dropped with the CPU being under 50 acceleration. There is room to adjust acceleration anywhere, but I do believe the 2pt discrepancy is essential to prevent bursting.***
Shot Error - 52/52 - @Matt10 - This is all personal preference. Adjust depending on your match minutes. I personally use 55.

Pass Error - 60/60 - @Josam27o7 - The best balance of efficient passing and pass variety, with a mix of bad and good. Humanizing the CPU is key, as always. Crosses are fine as well.

Shot Speed - 52/52 - @Rachel93 - Tested this for a little bit and absolutely loved it. Makes keepers perfect saves a thing of the past, and their reactions to shots on their goal quite realistic. Again, this is a personal preference.

Pass Speed - 40/40 - @Matt10 @Velocityy - Personal preference again. Adjust as you see fit. Pass Speed is relative to the distance the pass needs to cover, and run frequency determines the receivers collecting the ball. Remember, the CPU will use a driven pass, relative to the Pass Error. Driven passes range from a bottom range of 60 when Pass speed is on 50, and reach speeds up to 80. So, by lowering the pass speed you now get a good mix of pass speeds that can reach a max speed of 60, then you take in the pass error and that introduces the chance of that 60 speed of pass to be less accurate - as it should be.

Injury Frequency - 50/50 - Untouched. There is discussions of the most recent squad update fixed the injuries, this still needs to be looked at.

Injury Severity - 50/50 - Untouched. There is discussions of the most recent squad update fixed the injuries, this still needs to be looked at.

Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50 - @Matt10 - Best balance as too low and the GK will dive lower than the ball's height. Interested to see feedback on this value relative to Rachel's shot speed.

Marking - 60/60 - @Matt10 @lshballa11 - Spent a while on this one, and we found that marking at 60, relative to the set, is what works best. Enough room for an attacker to post up and release, and also enough compression to get proper space. The aim is that this value, relative to the other values, works with reducing the bursting and Defensive Angle Animation (DAA, where the defenders/midfielders will randomly "warp" forward or sideways, with no intention to get the ball, or player in possession)

Run Frequency - 25/25 - @lshballa11 - Changed our stance on this after testing it. Loved the types of runs we're seeing. Opens up the game, but not in a bad way as long runs can be covered just as well as runs that are check-to runs.

Line Height - 60/60 - @Matt10 - We've lowered this because with the increase in length, from Set #2, there needs to be room for the midfielders to still drop back, and not be "pushed" out of position. This creates that half-field approach when numbers are built up. The marking value also brings the defenders to be in the back of the attackers, and the attackers post up. This also helps the midfielders to post up in certain positions as well. In addition, the chance of offsides are stronger, not to mention more pass variety and clearances.

Line Length - 48/47 - @Matt10 - This one took a while, but man, was it worth it - especially with the Line Width discrepancy as well. The midfield is back now. They key is to have the discrepancy that allows the CPU to drop back just slightly, but enough that they keep players in front of them. *If you want to play proper attack/defending football, raise and lower your team's mentality by pushing L or R on the D-Pad when you are in, and out of possession. Just remember to adjust accordingly to where the ball is and match scenario.*

Line Width - 48/47 - @Matt10 - Dropping marking to 60 lets this width and length work correctly. The shape of the midfield is very good, and it gives those outlets for wide players.

Full Back Positioning - 20/20 - @Matt10 - FB's still get up the pitch at a good rate, and serve well as the outlet for the congested middle of the pitch, if needed. Works well that they aren't push so high that the CB's don't spread out to cover the transition.

First Touch Control - 50/51 - @Matt10 - So this one is still a WIP. The concept/theory here is that if the CPU is 1 point up in error, that reduces their foot-to-ball ratio, which means more tackles/fouls, especially with the CPU acceleration at 50. Again, it's always personal preference, and you can adjust to what you feel is solid. I would say play to the differences of this value, relative to the acceleration value of 50. So if you have accel at 47/49, use a differential of 3 - so it would be FT 50/53. Again, this is just a very early concept/theory - that needs some testing. Thanks.

Just a couple of thoughts on keepers...

50/50 keepers is working very well for me with 52 shot speed. As you say, the reactions are very realistic I'm going to try and lower it a bit though and see if I can get a bigger gap between average keepers and really great keepers.

It might be worth giving a +1 keeper advantage to people who use a 2 point acceleration discrepancy because acceleration will affect them to some degree. So maybe 51/50 or 50/49.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 05:41 AM   #1206
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Just a couple of thoughts on keepers...

50/50 keepers is working very well for me with 52 shot speed. As you say, the reactions are very realistic I'm going to try and lower it a bit though and see if I can get a bigger gap between average keepers and really great keepers.

It might be worth giving a +1 keeper advantage to people who use a 2 point acceleration discrepancy because acceleration will affect them to some degree. So maybe 51/50 or 50/49.
I love the zip on the 52 shots and the saves variety. One thing to note though is that I havent seen a single long shot that wasnt first touch. There were plenty on 49 (I prolly have some shot charts saved). So for the people that miss those they should prolly lower it.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:42 AM   #1207
Banned

Quote:
Will mess around a bit with FT Control.

I've been testing FT a lot since your stream ended and I was wrong about FT 99. It works pretty well with the top teams but the lower league players have too many unrealistic touches (as you and a couple of others pointed out a few times and I didn't listen). But ... I now have the perfect solution FT is sorted for me this year.

Oooooh career mode! Very exciting What team will you choose?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:43 AM   #1208
Rookie

Can't wait to give #set3 a go, i have been following last years os community sliders silently but was too dissapointed in the 'fifa16 ai cheat mode' to a point that i wasnt able to play it without a rage, so i stopped to safe my computer screen.

Fifa 17 is much better and it's much less of an issue, been using set 2 and i really liked it so far.. If it keeps getting better this game is gonna be great!

tnx for all the work and testing Matt and Orion, you are really improving the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »