Home

"Realistic stats" and sliders

This is a discussion on "Realistic stats" and sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
"Realistic stats" and sliders

Where does everyone stand on targeting realistic stats with a good set of sliders? For other sports games, stats can really help by providing targets, and in some franchises (like NBA 2K, my favorite) it is possible to dial in a set that produces an authentic box score. Is it impossible to do so in FIFA? And is it by design? Specifically:

*I simply can not get CPU Pass % to average less than 88-90% over a multiple game stretch. The best (lowest) I can get is an occasional 82-84% that I can't get the CPU to reproduce with any consistency. Almost as if (I've seen it suggested) the CPU decision making is affected by their increased pass error due to a slider adjustment, as if they are permanently dialed in to 90%

*I like to aim for 10-15 shots per side per match, and I can get that with 15 minute halves. However tackles per side are a little north of 30 a game, which is too high. If I lower the half length to 10 minutes, I can get tackles within range but then I'm short on shots per game.

*It makes sense that shots and tackles are more or less a function of time (different from pass % and shot on target %), so then let's discuss that we can't play a game on 45 minute halves. NOT saying I would want to. But I think that, in conjunction with my point above, it begs the question as to what is the "correct" half length to produce realistic numbers.

*Of course these things can all be left to personal preference, which is why we have sliders in the first place. However, I'm looking for an experience that can ORGANICALLY produce realistic variations in shorelines, if that makes sense. My current set plays nicely, but only produces 0,1 or sometimes 2 goals per team each game (in 15 minute halves mind you) and I'm playing in the MLS where 3, 4, even 5 goals does happen once in a blue moon.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 04:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Realistic stats" and sliders

One thing I've learnt from FIFA is to generally ignore most of the post-game stats.

If you try and get an accurate pass % stat, which would be closer to the 70 mark, the CPU would play like absolute **** and they'd never score a goal against you again. Just alter things like Pass Speed and Pass Error based on feel, slowly tweaking each until you feel the game is a stern but fair challenge.

Same goes for the rest to be honest, getting one stat bang on will make another stat consistently way off. It's a game after all, so as much as we'd like it to be, it'll never be a true football simulator. Just alter your sliders to make the game look as close to reality as you think and try not to worry too much about stats.

The only two I'd say I try and make accurate are possession (try to edit sliders to keep myself and the CPU close to 50/50 as much as possible) and most importantly the scoreline. As long as I'm primarily getting a lot of score variations, but rarely anything silly like 5-4, I'm happy.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

Shot acc. need to be about 54 maybe 56 because in real life there is typical about 15-20 shots per team and only 2-5 on target.

That means when you finally hit on target, it should go in very often.

I've set both human and CPU goalkeepers to 0 and it makes it much more realistic when shot acc. is about 54. Because the keeper still does some amazing saves, but the ball goes in when you expect it to go in. And you hit the shooting stats nearly spot on like real life.

Most important thing to make the CPU passing acc. more realistic (like 70-85%) is to change the AI Custom tactics to "risky passing".

I personally think I've done a breakthrough in the history of FIFA, by making the CPU pass alot more risky and actually make mistakes. But still be able to hit a cross very well. I got pass acc. on 53/53.

Btw. I got CPU pass speed on 33 which is a true sweetspot imho.

Sorry for my bad english.

Benjamin, from Denmark.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
Shot acc. need to be about 54 maybe 56 because in real life there is typical about 15-20 shots per team and only 2-5 on target.

That means when you finally hit on target, it should go in very often.

I've set both human and CPU goalkeepers to 0 and it makes it much more realistic when shot acc. is about 54. Because the keeper still does some amazing saves, but the ball goes in when you expect it to go in. And you hit the shooting stats nearly spot on like real life.

Most important thing to make the CPU passing acc. more realistic (like 70-85%) is to change the AI Custom tactics to "risky passing".

I personally think I've done a breakthrough in the history of FIFA, by making the CPU pass alot more risky and actually make mistakes. But still be able to hit a cross very well. I got pass acc. on 53/53.

Btw. I got CPU pass speed on 33 which is a true sweetspot imho.

Sorry for my bad english.

Benjamin, from Denmark.
I've seen much worse English here, no worries there.

I've seen a lot of discussion about AI tactics... Is that an easy enough thing to do? Do you just pause, switch sides, go in to change it, and it stays that way when you change back to your team?
Old 02-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

^^
It's very easy to do and it makes the games much more immersive.
I've also changed the AI teams to shoot more on goal. It's so much more fun!

You can change all the teams in your league before you start up a new CM.
Or you can change the team you face with a 2nd controller before the match begins. Just as if you were playing against a friend.
Then you turn off the 2nd controller before kickoff.

"Krebstar" did an amazing job with nearly all the leagues.
I've just modified them with a little more shooting on goal etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »