Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 01:10 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
So they heavily marketed team styles which I was the most excited for. However, I don't see it on the demo. Is it a hidden hardcoded thing in the code or database?
Think it's a hardcoded thing. Team tactics are just supposed to actually work this year. I'm betting the values in team tactics mean more per point. In previous versions we'd have to set the values to extremes to see any differentiation in style of play. Let's hope this is finally fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #42
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
Think it's a hardcoded thing. Team tactics are just supposed to actually work this year. I'm betting the values in team tactics mean more per point. In previous versions we'd have to set the values to extremes to see any differentiation in style of play. Let's hope this is finally fixed.
But on the trailer, they showed you can choose 4 attacking tactics and 4 defensive tactics.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #43
Rookie

markor's Arena

Played 3 games so far. My biggest question for the smarter guys on here. Does half length affect gameplay most specifically speed of the game?

I feel like the pace is quite fast and the scoring opportunities happen too often. My games are avaraging 5 goals total. So hard to picture what it will look like with 15 min halfs. Also the ball hitting the post/crossbar excessively as in previous Fifas. About 3-4 a game on 4 min halfs...........

GK are very non human in all aspects if that makes sense. Everything else about the game is much improved.

P.S. Penalties are still akward......
Old 09-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #44
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
Played 3 games so far. My biggest question for the smarter guys on here. Does half length affect gameplay most specifically speed of the game?

I feel like the pace is quite fast and the scoring opportunities happen too often. My games are avaraging 5 goals total. So hard to picture what it will look like with 15 min halfs. Also the ball hitting the post/crossbar excessively as in previous Fifas. About 3-4 a game on 4 min halfs...........

GK are very non human in all aspects if that makes sense. Everything else about the game is much improved.

P.S. Penalties are still akward......

I think the speed is impacted due to demo stuck on Normal speed & not Slow.
If you play same teams in same stadium with same half length & normal speed on Fifa 17 it will still feel same "quickness" or that's what I've found doing some tests.

I do honestly think half length impacts as well as they will "go for it" at certain parts & they will come quicker in a shorter game to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
That Benzema run/volley...

Ok, this is a perfect example of this mechanic. There is nothing wrong with the goal in itself, the goal is realistic, and i know this was an USER goal not CPU goal. However im seeing too much of this first time volley shots by the cpu in general, although not much of them are goals. Most of the times on plays that donīt make much sense, plays where a header or a simple reception would be the norm. Instead, specially inside the box, when the cpu is receiving the ball they shoot it immediately. It feels too... spectacular! I wish they tone it down on the final version...

EDIT: oh, and there seems to be some wierd substitutions going on... playing against Man. United, halftime 0-0, Ander Herrera was probably being the best player on the midfield and at halftime e getīs sacked to enter Felainni. It felt wierd at the time, didnīt see much sense in it but then it got worst. Ate the 65 minute mark, Rashford gets out to enter a CF that i didnīt even knew about (canīt even remember is name.. but it might be similar to Bakayou or something...).

It felt that they were just "programmed" or something, it didnīt seem normal, given the players and the 0-0 result...

Last edited by nunogomes; 09-14-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #46
Rookie

PC users of the Fifa 18 demo can possibly extend the length of the half-time:

- Open the "Data" folder in your Fifa 18 folder
- open the "locale.ini"
- under the line "FIFA_DEMO = 1" insert the following lines:

[]
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=0
HALF_LENGTH=6
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=6
//

Behind "HALF_LENGTH= and "AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=" you can enter 6, 10 or 45 minutes halftime. After this, save the "locale.ini". I do not know if this really works, Iīm PS4 user.

Here the source for this in german:

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/fifa-...e,3319733.html

Last edited by Pawel; 09-14-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

Got to sit down and sink my teeth into this last night.. For me, it was a mixed bag. After reading the glowing impressions (for the most part), I was left wanting just a bit.

I play on standard Ps4; and yikes, the lighting is pretty rough. Nighttime at the Bernabeu was a real eye sore. Honestly, thought the player models looked more crisp in 17; a little blurry for me in 18. My eyes did adjust, but something I hope they can clean up for the full game.

Pregame team management: very interesting is that moving players "position" on the team sheet is EXTREMELY limited this year. I tried pushing Mkhitaryan a bit further into the hole behind Lukaku and it will not let me. As far as I can tell you can't really play a SS off the CF's shoulder like you could last year. I need to play with it some more, but it may be you have to choose a formation that is closer to what you want and then maybe it will allow you to adjust the positioning more freely?

Onto the gameplay: Using Professional difficulty until I master the new controls.

-Player movement and weight is obviously MUCH improved this year
-Passing and weight of the ball showing a lot more variety. I do think the new crossing mechanics are little overdone. That "scoop cross" is the main culprit and far too accurate
-Passing as whole, too accurate (as always). I saw misplaced passes from the CPU a bit, but need more.
- Defensive teammate AI is light years ahead. My DMF's were bossing our defensive 3rd with some terrific reads and interceptions.
- Pace; of course still too quick.
-Dribbling a bit too easy, could just be the difficulty setting but I had a bursting moment with Lucas Moura where I essentially went coast to coast.
-Formation/Position has been greatly approved; however, I thought the CPU all but ignored their wing play. Every attack came right at the heart of my defense and the center of the pitch.
-Fouls; my old nemesis. Better, yes.. Skilled wingers have new dribbling animations that are absolutely exquisite and you can really draw some great fouls. What I didn't love is those 50/50 shoulder to shoulder tackles still not drawing the advantage. If they could just increase the sensitivity on those calls, I'd be in heaven.
-Shooting, you can realllllly hammer some long range shots, but I struggled to hit the target, loved that.

That's all I have for now. I could probably list 10 more things, but I'm sure yall don't need a novel right now.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel
PC users of the Fifa 18 demo can possibly extend the length of the half-time:

- Open the "Data" folder in your Fifa 18 folder
- open the "locale.ini"
- under the line "FIFA_DEMO = 1" insert the following lines:

[]
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=0
HALF_LENGTH=6
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=6
//

Behind "HALF_LENGTH= and "AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=" you can enter 6, 10 or 45 minutes halftime. After this, save the "locale.ini". I do not know if this really works, Iīm PS4 user.

Here the source for this in german:

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/fifa-...e,3319733.html
I confirm it is working. I don't know how it affects stamina though, I only tried 6 mins and it was fine. Only weird thing was auto substitutions were proposed already by the end of the first half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »