Home

Doing away with coin Hoarders

This is a discussion on Doing away with coin Hoarders within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Doing away with coin Hoarders

EA has already dealt with this on some level. Doing away with coin rewards for completing pack collections. Now you get pack rewards that have no value to them and can't be traded. Of course if you know the reason why this was done you know that a bunch of people started making a business of selling coins and making money doing so. Ever wonder how some of these players build superstar teams? They know the loop poles to get around the HUT system. One of which is to trade cards for coins, or cards for cards to complete collections. While I'm not at all against this, but it should be capped.

My proposal is to cap any two accounts that make deals on a frequent basis for a certain period of time. For example: if the same two accounts make 3 deals within a 1 week period, they should be locked until a fixed period of time before they can make more deals. This will slow down the ability of these users from working the system to get more coins and better cards. Make them create multiple accounts and spend their own money.

Another proposal is to eliminate all together coin transaction with any deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Doing away with coin Hoarders

I'm kind of with you, except I sometimes use my wife's account to keep players I want to collect instead of play with. It kind of stinks that people are doing this, but I'm not sure what the point is. If they amass great players and buy coins then that just shows how they have nothing better to do. This mode was more about tricking you psychologically into spending money/coins and less about actually playing the game. I like your ideas but good luck on EA implementing them.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyflex
EA has already dealt with this on some level. Doing away with coin rewards for completing pack collections. Now you get pack rewards that have no value to them and can't be traded. Of course if you know the reason why this was done you know that a bunch of people started making a business of selling coins and making money doing so. Ever wonder how some of these players build superstar teams? They know the loop poles to get around the HUT system. One of which is to trade cards for coins, or cards for cards to complete collections. While I'm not at all against this, but it should be capped.

My proposal is to cap any two accounts that make deals on a frequent basis for a certain period of time. For example: if the same two accounts make 3 deals within a 1 week period, they should be locked until a fixed period of time before they can make more deals. This will slow down the ability of these users from working the system to get more coins and better cards. Make them create multiple accounts and spend their own money.

Another proposal is to eliminate all together coin transaction with any deal.
During Nhl 16 100k in coins was typically $20. Easily procured via the black market. Multiple accounts, PayPal trading, ebay, .com sites com. So we used this as the basic ratio to assign value to a card eventually. Saying duchenes bmv is $60 today cuz he's 300k on the auction house. What's sick is when popular streamers are selling there but squads for hundreds of dollars typically, though I'm confident there were plenty in the thousands. I never participated in this Crap just was witness to it. EA can't stop twitchy streamer guy from dumping money into the sellers pay pal account the pixels are then 'donated' to streamer. The option for nhl is to sell pucks themselves. The guys making mlb have proven it works.

Additionally,

-i've never used black market methods to acquire cards. In fact my teams bmv would be been In the 40 dollar range last year.

-coin hoarders are typically not very good In my experiences a division ten coin hoarder plays the same as the d1 hoarder.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
Banned

I don't get (or in theory I think I don't) how does someone like Bacon Country absorbed hundreds and hundreds of thousands coins? I'm working on completing the Edmonton Oilers I only need Taylor Hall around 80,000 pucks. It's taking me forever to get it.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I don't get (or in theory I think I don't) how does someone like Bacon Country absorbed hundreds and hundreds of thousands coins? I'm working on completing the Edmonton Oilers I only need Taylor Hall around 80,000 pucks. It's taking me forever to get it.
In addition to playing games and working the market, Bacon and other top streamers get free packs from EA occasionally.

Once you've got a little bankroll, it's pretty easy to make even more coins on the market.

If you have the collateral for Hall, check Reddit /r/nhlhut, you should be able to find someone to lend him to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
The wealthy hut guys not involved with EA like bacon is simply buy pucks with a debit or credit card from outside vendor instead of wasting money on packs.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Banned

Sorry to say, I'm a purist. I don't like cheating or circumventing the system to gain an advantage. I remember back when COD modern warfare 2 came out, for whatever reason I ended up in a modded room, before I knew it, all the achievements, badges, name tags were unlocked. There was no reason for me to keep playing the game anymore.

The same holds true here, what is the purpose of buying or trading for packs. I like to earn them the old fashion way, its a sense of accomplishment for me. You can tell right away when someone has taken a shortcut by their gameplay with a super team and they stink.

I've heard from others that EA hooks up people like Bacon, has he ever mention this in his videos? Seems like he takes shots at EA from time to time.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17

Once you've got a little bankroll, it's pretty easy to make even more coins on the market.
Yep, just takes some work to get going, it's a grind working up the capital to continually work the market. Find a few guys and familiarize yourself with their going value, so after a game you can quickly check to see if there's one you can quick flip. Once you've got around 80k it's easy to keep the account growing as long as you don't go nuts on packs.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »