Home

NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
Some may, but I certainly won't. I simply want the players that exist and are on the team to exist and be on the team.

Creating players is not the same because I tend to have bias and rate them too highly.
I agree. I can live with some mistakes too, I can correct them myself after that.

If the CHL player are mostly right, with good affiliation, then it's going to be ok.

There's nothing perfect, I even if the roster is, there will be people whinning about something they don't like and that EA should do this and that.

That's the world we are living in. Sitting on our two hands and whinning for something we wouldn't want to do at first!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am glad to see it coming out like everyone else. I think though it is too easy to dismiss people who "complain" about the lack of roster update. I think the let down is in the fact EA kept promising and missing dates. I too, am frustrated with that. However I also am aware of the huge amount of work for this years update. The most important part of this game for me is the fact they included CHL teams and I am glad they updated those rosters.

Just as a heads up for those of you unaware of what updating the CHL means I will try and give you an idea. The NHL as much as anything is a matter of shifting players around in the NHL and up from AHL but pretty simple. However the CHL is a huge change. Teams ranked near the top from the original update will have the ratings of a lower team in some cases. Many players graduated entirely out of the league and are being removed from those rosters. Almost every european player turns over (thats at least 2 deletes and adds for each team give or take). Each 20 year old needs to be deleted from roster and those who turned a year older being identified as over ages (three o/a for every team deleted only three kept from last year rest of the 20s deleted of moved). Many 19 year olds graduate to pro hockey and do not return for their o/a year. Just as an idea of what this can mean, 10 new faces play for my local WHL team and it went from one of the top in the league to the basement over the course of the summer. Thats a fairly extensive change.

I would suspect if you average it out at about 6 changes per team you would be close to the new faces added. Plus the huge change in ratings for players who became 17 or 18 year olds and instantly showed break outs. If you just take new faces at an average of 6 per team thats 360 players. From what I undestand EA has pegged the number at 500. I think that is an amazing undertaking. They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. We should expect updates, its the gaming world we live in. However I think a little time to evaluate the huge amount of data might be worth it for those who have just been angry. However for those who are brushing it off, I think it would be a good idea to evaluate the deadlines and timeframes that EA has sent out and missed.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #51
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I think EA (for all of their titles) should utilize the NEWS portion of their in-game menus to announce and communicate upcoming patches, DLC, and other updates like Rosters. None of their games utilize this function and it could be used to directly communicate with the fan base. This would eliminate some Mod popping off and giving his best guess. A "There is new information in the NEWS section" banner could pop up on-screen like the Tuner updates do now. This would assure that "their words" got out to everyone with the game, not just those on forums and Facebook etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
One last question, Do I have to load the new rosters everytime I go to play a season game or after the first save the rosters are set for the season?
Not to insinuate anything or demean you, but for clarity's sake, I'll put it this way:
1. download a roster
2. make roster edits, optional
3. save your roster, let's call it myroster1
3. start a game mode anew (BAGM, for instance, but any will do)
4. save your game, let's call it mybagm1
From then on, anytime you load mybagm1, you'll be using the roster myroster1 (with any changes that might have been made by you or other teams within that game mode; e.g., team trades).
5. download another roster from EA
6. make roster edits, optional
7. save your roster, let's call it myroster2
8. load mybagm1
Your BAGM will still be using myroster1, as updated/changed within the game mode (as mentioned).
9. back out to the main menu (game automatically reverts to the last used/saved roster, in this case myroster2)
10. start a new game mode
This new game mode will use myroster2.

Now, you could save one roster file and load another, older roster file, start a game mode, and it will use the currently loaded roster file (the older one just loaded), but this list generally shows how things happen.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #53
Rookie

ArmBarVictim's Arena

they better make hall and eberle higher than 75, thats crap, they need to up their speed acceleration and agility for sure. and also eberle's passing attributes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
Some may, but I certainly won't. I simply want the players that exist and are on the team to exist and be on the team.

Creating players is not the same because I tend to have bias and rate them too highly.
I know I won't... I don't really base my thoughts on players off ratings, take for example Cam Janssen is an 81, I know for a fact he should be low to mid 70's
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Actually you are 110% wrong. Ea never said that. Pop NHL 10 in and go check the first roster update date. It was within 2 weeks or sooner I do believe. Quit making up bs like the ea mods. Thanks.

Edit. NHL 10 first roster update October 7th of last year.
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...-update-1.aspx

NHL 10 Second Roster update on October 29th of last year.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/330801.page

Yeah so again, good stuff of making up bs. They had 2 updates for us this time last year.
Thanks for your mature and well thought out response. I believe it was prior to the roster update for NHL 08 (when I was playing on XBox) this came up, and was given as the reason, so no I'm not making up bs. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less when there is an update, I will wait for it and do other things, my life doesn't revolve around this game.

I can understand the frustration about the lack of roster sharing, it would make things a lot easier for everyone. However, your crusade against EA is just annoying, maybe you should find something else to do with your time other than b*tching on an on-line forum about video game hockey. There are other tragedies in life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »