Home

NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Hopefully just the better puck physics and more rebounds around the net in 10 will give us a lot more variety in goal scoring.

If players get rewarded for plays like that more, they will actually start using them. Those worked great in 09, but were still too low percentage.

For me, the frustration in 09 was that most other goal scoring opportunities were just too low percentage. My EASHL team was nothing great, but we were ok. We'd generate lots of scoring chances on teams, but get few goals. I imagine this is why so many teams went towards the glitches.
I would think so kerosene, I would think the less suction in regards to goaltenders alone will make a huge difference for goal variety,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #42
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I think I remember that game. We lost a defenseman - I think it was Millennium - near the end of the first period when we were already down by a goal, and after that they just destroyed us with the cross-crease pass.
That sounds about right. I thought that was our original 5-man crew, but it sounds like you, Mill & Skerik were in on the fun. It would have been interesting to see the result if we didn't lose a D-man. I imagine they would have beat us since we didn't get much of anything going offensively -- our only goal was a garbage one in the dying minutes if I remember correctly -- but I bet it would've been a lot closer than 8-1.

The fact that I can remember this much about a 30 minute game of virtual hockey says something. Either I'm the biggest geek around or this can be one hell of a fun game under the right circumstances...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #43
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
For the most part, I agree. I've also been playing in 6v6 only league over the past month or so, and while there are a few quirks in the game -- goalies sticking to post, RB slapper/deflection, crazy backhand goalline passes, etc -- that can be taken advantage of even with all human players, the elimination of AI players/goalies greatly reduces any opportunity for "glitching". On top of that, some of the things that still can be frustrating appear to be remedied in NHL10 -- better goalie controls/animations, less pass assist, better puck physics.

When it comes down to it, playing 6v6 hockey has got to be the best virtual sports experience out there. Can't wait to see what it will be like with the improvements...
well said.. I agree

can't wait for NHL 10
Old 09-07-2009, 02:15 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgudely
I have to agree with the camp that's impressed with how realistic the EASHL championship games looked. Perfect simulations of real hockey? Of course not. However, if you've seen any sports games played at a high level, you'd know that none of them ever represent the real sport. It always degenerates into something completely boring that's all based around some glitch or money play.

I thought that this looked really good for being EA's first try at something as innovative as the EASHL. I'm very surprised at how well it held up at the highest level of play.
yep. ea and redshirt deserve all the credit for giving a full team of human players the proper tools needed to defend against anything too outrageous.

unfortunately the horrible match up system and overall eashl setup completely undercut that positive by making 6v6 games a rarity. after 10 minutes of queuing over and over again having 2-3 man teams quit on out you felt relieved to finally get started on some crappy half AI filled player game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »