Home

Dump N' Cheese: Most Wanted Additions to EASHL

This is a discussion on Dump N' Cheese: Most Wanted Additions to EASHL within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dump N' Cheese: Most Wanted Additions to EASHL

There is less than a month to go until NHL 11 is unleashed upon us like a storm of video game goodness, soaking us in new physics and leaving us breathless in its wake.

EA has dropped hints and facts of new game modes and improvements to the old ones, but there is no news yet on the game mode that has rocked my world and a lot of other people's as well: the EASHL.

The EASHL is a wonderful online game mode, but as always, there is room for improvement. Fortunately, people playing in the EASHL are very vocal on forums all over the Internet, and it seems like developers are out there reading our rants and wish lists.

So let's have a look at the top three most wanted improvements for the EASHL, and whether any details have been released about them.

Read More - Dump N' Cheese: Most Wanted Additions to EASHL
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Definitely some of the top issues brought up at the community event in May. There are many changes to the EASHL in response to the community's requests... none of which I am at liberty to discuss at this time. Man, I'm almost as tired of saying that as you guys must be of hearing it!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Dump N' Cheese: Most Wanted Additions to EASHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Definitely some of the top issues brought up at the community event in May. There are many changes to the EASHL in response to the community's requests... none of which I am at liberty to discuss at this time. Man, I'm almost as tired of saying that as you guys must be of hearing it!

Doubt it!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
please please please dont have that booster pack stuff...I hated seeing dudes with gold skates and sticks and spider helmets! I dont even have a issue with the add ons and paying the money because thats where gaming is going. but the god awful style of them all.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Doubt it!
HA! Perfect emoticon choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
please please please dont have that booster pack stuff...I hated seeing dudes with gold skates and sticks and spider helmets! I dont even have a issue with the add ons and paying the money because thats where gaming is going. but the god awful style of them all.
EA already said no more "clown gear" in NHL11. Boosts are still in, but they are independent of equipment, all of which will be authentic gear (aside from the GS pre-order which looks real anyways).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
HA! Perfect emoticon choice!

EA already said no more "clown gear" in NHL11. Boosts are still in, but they are independent of equipment, all of which will be authentic gear (aside from the GS pre-order which looks real anyways).
very nice, thanks for the info!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I really wish they would get rid of pausing completely in OTP games.

It would also be cool if you could.
-Join games late, and jump on the ice after the next whistle.
-Name the CPU players on your team.
-customize your arena.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
I like the idea of being able to flag teams as unsportsmanlike. I am a bit concerned of this mechanic being abused by teams that simply get beat by a better team, however I would think EA would be looking at game data before making any decisions, so hopefully the abuse won't be an issue.

My only real gripe with the EASHL is the AI, it's just pretty weak overall. Here's hoping it's been tuned a bit to be more aggressive in shooting the puck, NOT always passing to a human teammate two feet away from them, and actually taking out the guy who's about to receive a cross-crease pass.

Wouldn't mind seeing adaptive goalie AI, in terms of positioning and especially learning shot tendencies. If a guy is going to skate across the middle and shoot to one side of the net every time, have the goalie adjust it's positioning when the skater makes his cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »